British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

The only migration will be millions of motorists being driven off the roads, and of course that has been the plan all along. Green energy is a scam, it takes vast amounts of fossil fuels and enormous amounts of rock mining to produce, exporting that production to China and India is all virtue signalling smoke and mirrors. You only have to see what happened last winter in Texas to understand the danger of 'green energy' to life...

The frozen turbines only supply  about 25% of Texas's total power , why couldn't the more traditional means of power generation pick up the slack ? Why isn't there a grid system to prevent this type of problem? 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

The frozen turbines only supply  about 25% of Texas's total power , why couldn't the more traditional means of power generation pick up the slack ? Why isn't there a grid system to prevent this type of problem? 

Because Texas acted on the advice of 'climate experts' that cold winters were a thing of the past, and either shut down the back up systems, or couldn't operate all those that were operational because they were reliant on green energy to function. Trumps climate advisors had warned Texas this could be a disastrous policy, and sadly they were proved right because people died... 

Virtue Signaling Doesn't Keep People Warm.

Edited by Blupanther
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Because Texas acted on the advice of 'climate experts' that cold winters were a thing of the past, and either shut down the back up systems, or couldn't operate all those that were operational because they were reliant on green energy to function. Trumps climate advisors had warned Texas this could be a disastrous policy, and sadly they were proved right because people died... 

Virtue Signaling Doesn't Keep People Warm.

Which climate experts said that cold winters were a thing of the past? Can you cite your sources and name the scientists?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, norbold said:

Which climate experts said that cold winters were a thing of the past? Can you cite your sources and name the scientists?

I'm guessing it was Professor BS McTheorist in the renowned journal 'Drivel on Twitter'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, norbold said:

Don't be silly!:o

• Like 2

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

In four years time he will still be whining about voter fraud and promising 'any day soon' will be 'the big day'

• Like 5

Communism I guess is when the poor people get some help rather than helping out the very rich

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von 1 Person und Text „"Republicans had had no problem giving a $1.4 BILLION tax break to the Koch family worth $128 billion. But they just can't stand that an unemployed worker who lost a job during a PANDEMIC is receiving an extra $300 a week in benefits to help pay the rent. TOTAL HYPOCRISY!" RO KHANNA DEMOCRAT FOR CONGRESS“

• Like 1

18 hours ago, norbold said:

Whichever experts said cold winters were a thing of the past were at odds with that left wing purveyor of fake news, National Geographic

Why cold weather doesn’t mean climate change is fake (nationalgeographic.com)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Whichever experts said cold winters were a thing of the past were at odds with that left wing purveyor of fake news, National Geographic

The only "expert" that has said it is Bluey. He must have read it on that well-known only reliable source of scientific fact - Twitter.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Of course, no one has ever said natural climate change is fake, it's been changing for 4.6 billion years and will continue to do so...

A perfect example.

Edited by Blupanther

35 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Of course, no one has ever said natural climate change is fake, it's been changing for 4.6 billion years and will continue to do so...

A perfect example.

That’s as maybe, but it’s not the point under discussion. To put it as succinctly as I can :-

I. Your claim was that Texas acted on the advice of “climate Experts “ who said cold winters were a thing of the past.

2. Norbold asked who these climate experts were.

3. I pointed out that whoever they were they were at odds with National Geographic, and added a link to a very clearly explained article.

So, back to square one ie Norbolds question, namely who are these experts who are at odds with mainstream opinion. Do you actually have this information or is it just a story that came from the Trump camp?

As a separate point , what is the source of the graph you put up in your post ?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

That’s as maybe, but it’s not the point under discussion. To put it as succinctly as I can :-

I. Your claim was that Texas acted on the advice of “climate Experts “ who said cold winters were a thing of the past.

2. Norbold asked who these climate experts were.

3. I pointed out that whoever they were they were at odds with National Geographic, and added a link to a very clearly explained article.

So, back to square one ie Norbolds question, namely who are these experts who are at odds with mainstream opinion. Do you actually have this information or is it just a story that came from the Trump camp?

As a separate point , what is the source of the graph you put up in your post ?

I have no idea who advised Texas, but they certainly went against the advice of the federal government at the time. The source of the graph is historical data sets from Ocean DMI (Danish Meteorological Institute). The green new deal is being implemented in the US and Europe, It's a political agenda that will prove disastrous imo...