British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The green new deal is being implemented in the US and Europe, It's a political agenda that will prove disastrous imo...

Not to understate it too much, but let's just call your prediction making record patchy, at best. 

I think it's fair to say no one will be nicknaming you "Nostradamus" anytime soon.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, falcace said:

Not to understate it too much, but let's just call your prediction making record patchy, at best. 

I think it's fair to say no one will be nicknaming you "Nostradamus" anytime soon.:rolleyes:

Actually, falcace, I think Nostradamus is a very good comparison!

10 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I have no idea who advised Texas, but they certainly went against the advice of the federal government at the time.

That would have been better if you'd stopped after the first four words.

However, to stick to the original point, you are now admitting that your original post on this subject was nonsense then and that the mess up in Texas was caused solely by the State's Republican administration.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I have no idea who advised Texas, but they certainly went against the advice of the federal government at the time. The source of the graph is historical data sets from Ocean DMI (Danish Meteorological Institute). The green new deal is being implemented in the US and Europe, It's a political agenda that will prove disastrous imo...

I don’t doubt that it went against the advice of the federal government at the time , but if your claim is that Texas was advised , by “climate experts” , is it not pretty important to establish either the identity of the experts concerned or at least the source of the information in order to establish the validity of your claim ?

4 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

I don’t doubt that it went against the advice of the federal government at the time , but if your claim is that Texas was advised , by “climate experts” , is it not pretty important to establish either the identity of the experts concerned or at least the source of the information in order to establish the validity of your claim ?

On Tuesday, Abbott, taking a dig at a package of proposed federal clean-energy measures, told Fox News’s Sean Hannity that the Tex''as blackouts prove “how the Green New Deal would be a deadly deal for the United States of America.” Texas’s “wind and solar got shut down,” the Republican governor said, which, he added, “just shows that fossil fuel is necessary.” 

One reason for the misplaced optimism at the beginning of this winter may be the backward-looking nature of ERCOT’s forecasting method. ERCOT projects weather, Magness explained to me, by taking into account “what we’ve seen” in the past and modeling “what we can see” in the future.

The key word here is modelling, we all know which group uses models to predict the climate...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

On Tuesday, Abbott, taking a dig at a package of proposed federal clean-energy measures, told Fox News’s Sean Hannity that the Tex''as blackouts prove “how the Green New Deal would be a deadly deal for the United States of America.” Texas’s “wind and solar got shut down,” the Republican governor said, which, he added, “just shows that fossil fuel is necessary.” 

One reason for the misplaced optimism at the beginning of this winter may be the backward-looking nature of ERCOT’s forecasting method. ERCOT projects weather, Magness explained to me, by taking into account “what we’ve seen” in the past and modeling “what we can see” in the future.

The key word here is modelling, we all know which group uses models to predict the climate...

Ah Greg Abbott, the same Greg Abbott who's received financial support from various fossil fuel industries?  Yeah, he'll definitely be impartial then.  Follow the money, as you always like to tell us.

Meanwhile, there is plenty of evidence that renewable energy had nothing to do with the problems in Texas.

https://interestingengineering.com/what-caused-the-texas-electricity-blackout#:~:text=Settling the Debate%3A What Really,electrical blackout in US' history.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-texas-wind-turbines-explain-idUSKBN2AJ2EI

Edited by Kester
  • Like 4

Exactly.... look no further than Koch B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Without putting too find a point on it ,  I see nothing there about climate change experts saying in terms that the days of cold winters are gone. Seems more like a bit of a “ he said she said storm in a political tea cup.

Moreover, the National Geographic article which I linked earlier explains the difference between climate and weather. The quote you have posted talks about weather not climate change. I don’t really think this takes the debate any further . 

• Like 5

Forum gold

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

I have no idea who advised Texas, but they certainly went against the advice of the federal government at the time. The source of the graph is historical data sets from Ocean DMI (Danish Meteorological Institute). The green new deal is being implemented in the US and Europe, It's a political agenda that will prove disastrous imo...

2 hours ago, norbold said:

That would have been better if you'd stopped after the first four words.

However, to stick to the original point, you are now admitting that your original post on this subject was nonsense then and that the mess up in Texas was caused solely by the State's Republican administration.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

High gas prices and war in the middle east. The deep state is now back in control...

• Like 1

Virtue signalling comes at a cost to the poor and middle class...

Don't you just love how this thread has devolved from "'the Donald' Trump" into "I'm Blu, and I know everything"???

Sigh...

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, chunky said:

Don't you just love how this thread has devolved from "'the Donald' Trump" into "I'm Blu, and I know everything"???

Sigh...

There was a thread a while back called 'Other news from around the world' or similar which was just Blucrumpet mindlessly copying and pasting everything from their Twitter feed.  It was useful as it functioned as the General Discussion section Junk folder.  It needs to be resurrected.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chunky said:

Sigh...

Yes as well as reiterating every now and then that he isn't interested in politics.

• Haha 3