Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

On 6/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, Mimmo said:

The BSPL should come out and give an open and HONEST explanation, because at the moment, it seems like victimisation for no reason.  Riders aren't stopped from Grass Track Racing or  for clubs and events overseas.  For whatever reason, this sounds like a personal vendetta without hearing both sides of the story.
Nobody on the IOW, whether it be management, sponsors or the public deserve to be treated like this, just because they have the balls to want to try something different.  They depend to a large degree on the holiday trade, on an island that has almost zero entertainment for families in the evening, other than walking round Tesco that stays open until 10.00pm.
Speedway has stood still for years now, and needs freshening up, and if something different from 15-races and the announcer saying goodnight, thanks for coming can be improved upon, then let them try.  So many times these days, people have never heard of speedway, let alone seen it, and if they decide to check it out whilst on holiday (I know I would, as I did with a sport on Guernsey), and enjoy it, then when they return to their respective homes, they might just check out to see if there is a track near to where they live, and go along, and all clubs could do with those extra newcomers through their gates.

So come on BSPL, ask for your toys back that you seem to have thrown out of your pram, and work with this promotion to see if their ideas are going to be for the betterment of the sport, and if it's not, then it will be their loss not yours.  We've all been in lockdown for a long time now, and if this club want to offer us a different type of motorcycle event, with the main thing being speedway, then they should be applauded for trying to bring our well being back into some sort of normality.      

SEE this week's SS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SEE this week's SS

Take the contents of the interview with a pinch of salt. Having been put on the spot the defensive mechanism kicks in. Does he represent every club with his comments or just those who follow the party line.

Given all that is going on in the sport with the failings, issues, weaknesses at various levels and the potential loss of three clubs what the hell are the BSPL doing to manage what has become a dire situation. It was sheer folly to run the divisions this year as if nothing has happened and with large question marks over tyres, a lengthening injury list, it seems that the class of 2021 are headless chickens. To cap it all BSPL directly or via the rule book when it suits them, try to put so many obstacles in the way of the IOW or any other track who would be better running on a open licence like they use to to which may keep those venues going until better times come around yet this option would make sense in a number of cases. The self interested clowns that are in control of speedway’s destiny care little for the bigger picture and are going to go down in history as those responsible for ruining what was once a highly entertaining two wheeled competitive sport. Some clubs are making efforts with streaming etc but those on the top table have their respective heads up their backsides.

It is a pity that the sport does not have a rich benefactor to take on those in charge. For the time being how about every forum member writing to the local track asking what it is that the local promoters/ owners have against the IOW running open meetings and allowing any rider to compete/ gain track time and in the wider scheme of things tracks that could run on open licences so that they can continue to operate and not be lost to the sport. Then feed the responses to the Star to publish the results. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole situation is nuts you ask for an interview and one is published and you don't believe it I would suggest because it dosent suit your opinion and that's your right as we are all entitled to one. Secondly is any rider actually going to come forward and say they have been threatened sanctions if they ride or is it all hear say. 
personally think both parties should be encouraged to have a minuted meeting with an independent mediator and the minutes published so all the subjectiveness is gone .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been an issue with the SS getting to the news teams? No mag this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Has there been an issue with the SS getting to the news teams? No mag this morning.

Got mine this morning. Although two weeks back it arrived on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Has there been an issue with the SS getting to the news teams? No mag this morning.

NO, call 020-83351113

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine came today but not till late morning instead of before 8. Still brilliant service tho, maybe they were late getting it? No comparison with Royal Mail 100% record by newsteam on next day delivery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got the Daily Telegraph delivered this morning so no doubt someone expecting the Telegraph got the Star. I e mailed Newsteam and Pingen. Replacement Star in the post. I wonder with people myself included who have had  issues with Newsteam and Pingen have had to send out extra mags and pay for Royal Mail postage are they actually saving that much?

Edited by bellevueace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I got the Daily Telegraph delivered this morning so no doubt someone expecting the Telegraph got the Star. I e mailed Newsteam and Pingen. Replacement Star in the post. I wonder with people myself included who have had  issues with Newsteam and Pingen have had to send out extra mags and pay for Royal Mail postage are they actually saving that much?

YES we are especially with the heavier paper ... massive increase with Royal Mail, nothing with NewsTeam. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Star hasn't arrived this week, the second time in little more than a month. This isn't a complaint, as I only read the old stuff anyway. But it has dawned on me, as the mag comes without an address and just pushed through the letterbox, I wonder is it being posted somewhere else and they just bin it thinking it's junk mail? At least with an address attached, if it goes to the wrong house they can redirect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick call to the office on Monday for them to confirm your delivery address I thought would solve that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I mentioned it. Obviously you on top of the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021 at 8:24 PM, Hawk127 said:

Take the contents of the interview with a pinch of salt. Having been put on the spot the defensive mechanism kicks in. Does he represent every club with his comments or just those who follow the party line.

Given all that is going on in the sport with the failings, issues, weaknesses at various levels and the potential loss of three clubs what the hell are the BSPL doing to manage what has become a dire situation. It was sheer folly to run the divisions this year as if nothing has happened and with large question marks over tyres, a lengthening injury list, it seems that the class of 2021 are headless chickens. To cap it all BSPL directly or via the rule book when it suits them, try to put so many obstacles in the way of the IOW or any other track who would be better running on a open licence like they use to to which may keep those venues going until better times come around yet this option would make sense in a number of cases. The self interested clowns that are in control of speedway’s destiny care little for the bigger picture and are going to go down in history as those responsible for ruining what was once a highly entertaining two wheeled competitive sport. Some clubs are making efforts with streaming etc but those on the top table have their respective heads up their backsides.

It is a pity that the sport does not have a rich benefactor to take on those in charge. For the time being how about every forum member writing to the local track asking what it is that the local promoters/ owners have against the IOW running open meetings and allowing any rider to compete/ gain track time and in the wider scheme of things tracks that could run on open licences so that they can continue to operate and not be lost to the sport. Then feed the responses to the Star to publish the results. 

Cannot see there being very many responses as in my experience feedback / ideas are not welcome as the '" it's all going well " idea seems to prevail with the promoters ( even when it's obviously not! )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yet again another failure by Newsteam, after weeks of delivering nothing when first taking on the delivery of the Star they actually got it right for a couple of weeks, or so i thought, last week i received the daily telegraph today i received the Daily Star. I will contact the office later as their e mail is undergoing maintainance at the moment. I did request weeks ago to go back to Royal Mail and stated i would even pay the extra for postage that Pinegen would incur. The only other option is just buy the mag at the track but i would miss the winter month editions. Ive e mailed Newsteam but all e mails just come back undelivered. Its getting to the point where it really not worth the hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be a local problem I'd have thought, I've not had one miss Thursday delivery yet. All but one before 8 and the other by 10. Annoying for you tho

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy