British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

They won't :) but if they did, the same principle applies.

I actually think riding at 2 is more difficult than riding at 3. I would tell Howarth that #3 is his spot for thr year unless he gets relegated to reserve.

Mix & match 2, 4 & 5 positions. Masters, Thorsell, Morris & Schlien depending on which one of them has to be at #1, who rides well with who and the track the meeeting is held at.

Edited by Col

36 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

If you were 'disappointed' with him in 2018 then you had completely false hopes and were very wrong to begin with.

He did exactly as expected, maybe slightly better.

I thought he might be good enough to finish top 5 in final averages, along with Morris. 

He finished 14th overall, which if slightly better than you predicted he would do I’ll take it that it wasn’t ‘very wrong’.

20 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I thought he might be good enough to finish top 5 in final averages, along with Morris. 

He finished 14th overall, which if slightly better than you predicted he would do I’ll take it that it wasn’t ‘very wrong’.

As I said, you've confirmed in this post you haven't a clue what you are/were talking about. 

You thought he might be good enough to finish in the top 5 in the final averages.. you were completely wrong. Yet still don't seem to grasp why.

Now you say the same thing about Morris. Again, completely wrong, for the exact same reason. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Col said:

I actually think riding at 2 is more difficult than riding at 3. I would tell Howarth that #3 is his spot for thr year unless he gets relegated to reserve.

Mix & match 2, 4 & 5 positions. Masters, Thorsell, Morris & Schlien depending on which one of them has to be at #1, who rides well with who and the track the meeeting is held at.

Howarth has shown to be excellent at No 2. He is used to going out in the first heat. I agree with mixing the others.

• Like 1

First time poster - although the team looks solid we still lack an out and out no.1 which will could prove costly in tight meetings in heats 13 and 15. Jacob (assuming he signs)  Sam, and Rory are capable of stepping up but I would of liked to of seen a real dominant rider at No 1. Hard to attract to Britain these days I know.

Winning races is obviously important in speedway but in league matches its probably even more important to not fill last places. With the team that it looks like we are going to have next season, I don't see us filling many last places at all. We have a top five that is strong all round, and if Becker lives up to expectations he will be beating most opposition reserves. Injuries permitting, I cant see this team finishing outside the top 4 in the league.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Howarth has shown to be excellent at No 2. He is used to going out in the first heat. I agree with mixing the others.

Really? So how come his average dropped from 6.64 to 4.96? Was it because he had a poor season or because of his riding position in the team? 

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Really? So how come his average dropped from 6.64 to 4.96? Was it because he had a poor season or because of his riding position in the team? 

It was because of injures his average dropped he as nearly always rode at number 2

20 minutes ago, fish keeper said:

It was because of injures his average dropped he as nearly always rode at number 2

Correct, although he did have a spell at No 3 when Ashley Morris moved into the main body of the side, before moving back to No 2.

• Like 1

Looking at the averages how false does Ash Morris figures look i felt as a rider he really has improved.Even in the top five he was battling away hope he can progress again.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Looking at the averages how false does Ash Morris figures look i felt as a rider he really has improved.Even in the top five he was battling away hope he can progress again.

If he is in the team, as expected, he should remain at reserve all season and that should see his average improve, he was a revelation at the start of the season but did seem to struggle in the 1-5

I think most of our team are capable of improving their average in 2019. Thorsell, Nick Morris and Howarth are certainly capable of improving theirs, and Sam Masters seems to get a bit better every season. Rory Schlein may be the one in the top 5 that will find improving his average the most difficult I suspect. At reserve I agree Ashley can up his, and who knows how Becker will do. I have a feeling he will certainly average more than 4.

• Like 1

Assuming the expected duo to fill the team then there is plenty of scope for improvement without an out an out number one (the option I’d still prefer).

Rory I wouldn’t expect to improve but that’s about the only one. There is an argument that every other rider should be able to add a point or more to those starting averages.

Big key would be Becker. He comes with a fair bit of hype although I’m not totally sold on how good he is at this stage but am more than happy to be proved wrong. If he does do ok then it’s safe to say that we will always have a strong reserve which should give us a very solid outfit all throughout the season.

i can see senior reserve position switching a few times whilst the number one position likewise could be held by any of that top 4.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2018 at 1:15 PM, stevebrum said:

i can see senior reserve position switching a few times whilst the number one position likewise could be held by any of that top 4.

Yep, build the 2018 Workington way. You know it makes sense!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 10:16 AM, DC2 said:

he rode at number three for a number of matches but in 2017 he was looked after by Freddie quite a few times picking up wins with Freddie getting a paid win

On 12/11/2018 at 8:50 AM, Speedwayfan1990 said:

First time poster - although the team looks solid we still lack an out and out no.1 which will could prove costly in tight meetings in heats 13 and 15. Jacob (assuming he signs)  Sam, and Rory are capable of stepping up but I would of liked to of seen a real dominant rider at No 1. Hard to attract to Britain these days I know.

Apart from Doyle and now Lambert there are no real big number ones anymore so Masters and Schlein are the quality we have at number one and remember Nick Morris was a number one most of last season like Jacob and now have much reduced averages.

Its a bit of a suprise that Jacob wasn,t one of the first announced and has been doing a number of video interviews via facebook etc talking about next year in Swedish and although i dont know what they are saying, nothing seems to mention Britain or Wolves so is he concentrating on Sweden and Poland (Gdansk) and Wolves looking at other avenues like Pawlicki who still only has Leszno next season ?

• Like 1