British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Drip feeding riders is all about media, it’s about getting as much publicity as you can manage and drip feeding news and riders gets you a lot more coverage than releasing a team in one go.

I dont know how many season tickets Kings Lynn sell? but how could you entice someone to buy one if you dont know the team.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Drip feeding riders is all about media, it’s about getting as much publicity as you can manage and drip feeding news and riders gets you a lot more coverage than releasing a team in one go.

Which in turn keeps the sponsors on side

15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I dont know how many season tickets Kings Lynn sell? but how could you entice someone to buy one if you dont know the team.

Not very many I am informed, Peterborough however have in recent years had quite a lot.

I think it’s a balance but most teams are known by the beginning of the year when ST are advertised.

Edited by bigcatdiary

13 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not very many I am informed, Peterborough however have in recent years had quite a lot.

I think it’s a balance but most teams are known by the beginning of the year when ST are advertised.

Season tickets at KL for many years have not been worth buying miss one meeting then your on a loser - offer fans a good deal then they would sell more .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Season tickets at KL for many years have not been worth buying miss one meeting then your on a loser - offer fans a good deal then they would sell more .

I don't think Buster is worried about season tickets tbh. Over the season he would make more from people paying a pound each to sit down. The only benefit season tickets might have is that the promotor has a few grand up front. Ok if you need it, but I doubt Buster does if he can take on 2 more clubs.

He has 3 clubs. Panthers declared their team quickly, and it looks very good, and not cheap. Ipswich, not as fast or as good, but done. Then he drip feeds Lynn. Who looks like their team will be a poor one. That's what will miff me off.

NKI or a like for like is a must .NKI's away ave last season holds up pretty well. At 7.62 it was up there. Only Doyle 8.95, Lambo 8.27 and Batch 8.00 where much ahead. Fricke 7.64 and Cook 7.63 almost identical to Niel's. To big a miss if not used or a like for like..

TJ averaged 7.53 at home, but only 4.63 away. 

Ty 7.27 home and 5.80 away.

Kasper averaged 2.55 and keeps his assessed 4.00.

Lewis (if signed) averaged 7.68 at home, but 3.87 away. And returning from another bad one.

Lynn had the best away record in 2018. We will be lucky to pick up a point or 2 with no back up for Robert.

I wonder how long it will be before Lambo gets fed up with going it alone.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Precisely. Whether people think this is the best method or not they must be able to appreciate at least what is trying to be achieved.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Anybody who buys a season ticket nowadays for speedway with meetings being more and more weather dependant and the fixture list ending up being so different to how it is first published needs their head testing IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't think Buster is worried about season tickets tbh. Over the season he would make more from people paying a pound each to sit down. The only benefit season tickets might have is that the promotor has a few grand up front. Ok if you need it, but I doubt Buster does if he can take on 2 more clubs.

He has 3 clubs. Panthers declared their team quickly, and it looks very good, and not cheap. Ipswich, not as fast or as good, but done. Then he drip feeds Lynn. Who looks like their team will be a poor one. That's what will miff me off.

NKI or a like for like is a must .NKI's away ave last season holds up pretty well. At 7.62 it was up there. Only Doyle 8.95, Lambo 8.27 and Batch 8.00 where much ahead. Fricke 7.64 and Cook 7.63 almost identical to Niel's. To big a miss if not used or a like for like..

TJ averaged 7.53 at home, but only 4.63 away. 

Ty 7.27 home and 5.80 away.

Kasper averaged 2.55 and keeps his assessed 4.00.

Lewis (if signed) averaged 7.68 at home, but 3.87 away. And returning from another bad one.

Lynn had the best away record in 2018. We will be lucky to pick up a point or 2 with no back up for Robert.

I wonder how long it will be before Lambo gets fed up with going it alone.

Yet we very comfortably had the best away record in the division. There must have been a fair few bonus points amongst those averages. 

I’m not saying that with a few more quid the team couldn’t have been made stronger but I just don’t get this idea that we will be a one man team struggling at the foot of the table. 

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Precisely. Whether people think this is the best method or not they must be able to appreciate at least what is trying to be achieved.

Anybody who buys a season ticket nowadays for speedway with meetings being more and more weather dependant and the fixture list ending up being so different to how it is first published needs their head testing IMO. 

I saved over £100 last year with my Aces season ticket and that’s when £100 was a lot of money. 

Never really understood the point of season tickets..

Your most loyal fans will attend anyway so you might as well charge them full price..

And running an ST means you restrict your opportunities of doing 'special offers' through the season as this will reduce the ST 'value'...

Maybe let those that way inclined pay up front for the season the same cost as attending each meeting individually, but give them a free programme or free car parking (for those who charge for parking your car)

That would be worth around £50 I would imagine over the season, and it would then let the club do some 'specials'...

Instead of an ST I often think there would be more mileage in rewarding 'loyalty' several times during the season...

eg attend five meetings and get the sixth half price, you could put a token in the programme which means a programme needs to also be bought, and anyone with the five tokens can then claim their next ticket HP, (with a HP programme thrown in)...

Many moons ago Man United used to do a token sheet via the programmes which actually helped them sell thousands of programmes, as even if you didn't attend you got your mate who did to buy you one. These tokens qualified you to try and get  'big game' tickets when they were an all ticket affair..

Speedway could go down this route and take the increased programme sales,  or simply mark any tokens as 'declined' in programmes over and above the one purchased by an any individual...

It seems barmy restricting a whole seasons long marketing capability to tens/hundreds of thousands of locals by flogging, at best I would say at most places, a couple of hundred season tickets...

Especially in a sport so desperate for increased footfall..

Edited by mikebv

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yet we very comfortably had the best away record in the division. There must have been a fair few bonus points amongst those averages. 

I’m not saying that with a few more quid the team couldn’t have been made stronger but I just don’t get this idea that we will be a one man team struggling at the foot of the table. 

The difference being no top back up for Lambo. Imho, it will be a big mistake..NKI was good away as his average proves. Then add Kasper (2.55) on a 4.00. Then if lewis signs, his scores before he got injured averaged 7.58 home 3.87 away. I wish him well, but it's a big gamble for me.

It's just my opinion Baggy. I hope i'm wrong. I will be the first one to put my hands up :)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Season tickets years ago were decent  value, when there were plenty of home fixtures.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

The difference being no top back up for Lambo. Imho, it will be a big mistake..NKI was good away as his average proves. Then add Kasper (2.55) on a 4.00. Then if lewis signs, his scores before he got injured averaged 7.58 home 3.87 away. I wish him well, but it's a big gamble for me.

It's just my opinion Baggy. I hope i'm wrong. I will be the first one to put my hands up :)

IF,  the team turns out to be the one we all fear, our chances of success will be totally dependant on  Robert Lambert.     Yes he may have the ability to beat everybody,    BUT,  if he were to have a bad meeting,  a fall, an E/F or he was unavailable,   we would be up the creek without a paddle.      At home, it might be possible to lose retaining some distinction for effort ,   but if it was an away meeting it would be embarrassing.     Nothing does more harm to this sport than watching easy meetings where the teams are so one sided...  

When looking at the make-up of the other teams,   if we don't acquire a back-up for Robert we can forget it....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, g13webb said:

IF,  the team turns out to be the one we all fear, our chances of success will be totally dependant on  Robert Lambert.     Yes he may have the ability to beat everybody,    BUT,  if he were to have a bad meeting,  a fall, an E/F or he was unavailable,   we would be up the creek without a paddle.      At home, it might be possible to lose retaining some distinction for effort ,   but if it was an away meeting it would be embarrassing.     Nothing does more harm to this sport than watching easy meetings where the teams are so one sided...  

When looking at the make-up of the other teams,   if we don't acquire a back-up for Robert we can forget it....

Agree.

Buster seems to have Peterborough looking very good :(

I've always found it strange that a big win in speedway is often seen as boring, but in football or rugby and many team sports a big win is seen different.