Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Your claim to fame

Recommended Posts

 

I’m sure lots of forum members have led a varied life and have some claim to fame.

Here are my three, surprisingly football based:

I once met Martin Edwards with a view to buying Man Utd for £9 million;

Ken Bates once called me a non-entity;

I used to play football with Keir Starmer.

All in my twenties! Blimey, bit of an underachiever since. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

James Bolam once held the door open for my mum when we were entering a restuarant in Whitby!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I played football for Swindon Boys and had the misfortune to mark Carl Harris who went on to play for Leeds and Wales.We beat West Glamorgan 4-3.

Share this post


Link to post

Been in a car with the Neville brothers. I will tell you all again, I am a Tottenham fan.

Share this post


Link to post

I once did the bible reading live on Songs of Praise from my local church in Hackney. Over 20 years ago now!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

I played football for Swindon Boys and had the misfortune to mark Carl Harris who went on to play for Leeds and Wales.We beat West Glamorgan 4-3.

 

What year was that?

Share this post


Link to post

I was part of the crowd in the film Players (I think) staring Steve McQueens wife Ali McGraw, Wimbledon tennis

Share this post


Link to post

I was in the Madness 'House Of Fun' video.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DC2 said:

 

I’m sure lots of forum members have led a varied life and have some claim to fame.

Here are my three, surprisingly football based:

I once met Martin Edwards with a view to buying Man Utd for £9 million;

Ken Bates once called me a non-entity;

I used to play football with Keir Starmer.

All in my twenties! Blimey, bit of an underachiever since. 

£9m. Some time ago then :blink:

Share this post


Link to post

My brother can whistle and hum at the same time...... now idea what kind of witchcraft that is........ he taught himself it when he was stuck at Kandahar airport for 18 hours, due to snow in the UK :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

£9m. Some time ago then :blink:

 

1989

Share this post


Link to post

Jukka Koivu (father of NHL and Finnish national team greats Mikko and Saku) once said to me: "You'll never amount to anything" or become anything or whatever...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, f-s-p said:

Jukka Koivu (father of NHL and Finnish national team greats Mikko and Saku) once said to me: "You'll never amount to anything" or become anything or whatever...

 

And was he right?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

 

And was he right?

I'm only 42 at the moment, do we have to decide now?:rofl:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, DC2 said:

 

What year was that?

69..Swindon under13s.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy