British Speedway Forum

Good win for England against the Welsh, who would have become world number 1, and ended their record of 14 wins in a row. Power and passion by the experimental team

• Like 2

All gearing up for the World Cup. Do not write off Ireland.

And you certainly can't write off the Aussies after they beat the world number 1 All Blacks. Current rankings :All Blacks, Wales, Ireland, England, Springboks, Aussies, Scotland, France, Japan, Fiji.

Having been forced to play rugby at school and getting regularly flattened by the less athletic over-sized, dare I suggest, fat kids I've grown up hating the game!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

And you certainly can't write off the Aussies after they beat the world number 1 All Blacks. Current rankings :All Blacks, Wales, Ireland, England, Springboks, Aussies, Scotland, France, Japan, Fiji.

Yep, it’s the most open Rugby World Cup ever this year. Any of those first six nations could win it.

South africa or the Aussies for me .

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 5:33 PM, auntie doris said:

I honestly think from what I've witnessed over the last few weeks in the Rugby Championship that the Southern Hemisphere heavyweight teams have worked out how to beat the ABs.They've looked far from convincing in the last 3 matches.:unsure:

9 minutes ago, bluejam said:

I honestly think from what I've witnessed over the last few weeks in the Rugby Championship that the Southern Hemisphere heavyweight teams have worked out how to beat the ABs.They've looked far from convincing in the last 3 matches.:unsure:

All Blacks always have a lot of self-belief from their heritage together with superb handling skills, support running and dynamism, but they can be out fought by bigger packs with better set pieces and tactical kicking.

The Abs are great at being World no 1 for 3 years and 48 weeks but it's the 4 weeks of the World Cup that matters if you want to be world champs . For years this was always a problem for them until the finally managed to regain the Webb Ellis trophy and they were regularly slaughtered back home in the media for their failure to win the cup . Personally I think The Boks will win it this year with England as dark horses 

• Like 1

Classy win for the All Blacks against South Africa, narrow victory for the Cocks over the Argies.

On 8/12/2019 at 12:38 PM, steve roberts said:

Having been forced to play rugby at school and getting regularly flattened by the less athletic over-sized, dare I suggest, fat kids I've grown up hating the game!

You mean fat kids like me? I broke a schoolmate's leg when I tackled him and fell on him... :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What a performance from Uruguay!!!:t:Well worth getting up for!!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 5:38 PM, steve roberts said:

It's being rammed down our throats almost as much as football can't stand either

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adonis said:

It's being rammed down our throats almost as much as football can't stand either

Agree entirely...and damn cycling!