British Speedway Forum

Sad to hear of the passing of Christophe Dominici aged 48.God bless you.:(

• Like 4

I've watched an enormous amount of big sporting occasions over the years and the climax to Super League 2020 will be one of those that stays with you forever. 

Gripping game, astonishing finish, and then almost overwhelming emotion from players, coaches and even commentators afterwards. :t:

For those who haven't seen it:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB6GpYsK-Ck&t=15s

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluejam said:

I've watched an enormous amount of big sporting occasions over the years and the climax to Super League 2020 will be one of those that stays with you forever. 

Gripping game, astonishing finish, and then almost overwhelming emotion from players, coaches and even commentators afterwards. :t:

For those who haven't seen it:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB6GpYsK-Ck&t=15s

Fantastic game

• Like 1

Saw the England game last night good result but not sure on the performance.

Caught up with Argentina v NZ and shame to see Pumas could not win again. Put up a good defensive effort and think the score flattered AB 

1 hour ago, Richspeedway said:

Saw the England game last night good result but not sure on the performance.

Caught up with Argentina v NZ and shame to see Pumas could not win again. Put up a good defensive effort and think the score flattered AB 

Agreed about England.

I was just saying about them kicking far too much when Wales scored from Slade’s kick.

Why on Earth has Eddie Jones decided to confine England’s game to kicking and forward grunt?

It’s like Route 1 football, but less exciting, and denies the backs creativity.

England need a more complete game.

The right, left stretch for one of the tries was excellent but we should have created ten of those opportunities, not two.

Most of the match was like last week against Ireland when we fell asleep in the second half.

• Like 1

Apparently Eddie Jones has said this about the England v France final:

"We want to make sure we put on a performance that lights up people's eyes when they sit there and they look at the team and they want to be part of the team."

To me that’s a bit hypocritical as it’s his boring strategy that has made fans unenthusiastic about England’s play.

Jones added that improved levels of fitness and physicality in the game had forced teams to kick for territory rather than beat defences with speed, strength and ball in hand.

Is that true? Ireland and Wales looked a level below England in all respects and were there for the taking.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

Two weeks in and looking a little worrying for other sides as Exeter have steamrolled Quins and Bath so far. Another Falcons win they are looking not too bad but early days lets see what happens.

Looks like it could be a tight one for missing the drop as Falcons were the bookies odds on but if they crack on it might be a fight between Worcester and Irish?

On 11/28/2020 at 7:19 PM, auntie doris said:

Fantastic game

Wasn't it just. Everything rugby union's Autumn Nations Cup hasn't been.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Wasn't it just. Everything rugby union's Autumn Nations Cup hasn't been.

Spot on PP;)The Autumn Nations Cup has been dire and so has the Pro 14.Just so predictable :rolleyes:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bluejam said:

Spot on PP;)The Autumn Nations Cup has been dire and so has the Pro 14.Just so predictable :rolleyes:

Agreed.

Rugby is not about fellas rolling around wrestling and then booting the ball as soon as they get it.

• Like 2

Well good news Scotland have said 2021 they are playing in a series with Australia and South Africa in November so it looks like there will be no Autumn Cup again and will be back to the Autumn Internationals.

Be interesting to see what the viewing figures have been like on Amazon for these games.

14th December the draw takes place for the 2023 World Cup. The bands are below and these were based on the world rankings back in January so Wales have been a little lucky while Argentina a little unlucky as they have gone up since then

Band 1

South Africa

New Zealand

England

Wales

Band 2

Ireland

Australia

France

Japan

Band 3

Scotland

Argentina

Fiji

Italy

Band 4

Oceania 1

Europe 1

Americas 1

Asia/Pacific 1

Band 5

Africa 1

Europe 2

Americas 2

Final Qualifier Winner

Applications submitted for rugby league's 2021 Super League vacancy. A toss-up between Toulouse Olympique and York City Knights, I suggest.

In the tier below, Halifax, the club I supported in childhood, have rebranded as Panthers. Not sure I like that. Better than Blue Sox, mind.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

3 hours ago, Richspeedway said:

14th December the draw takes place for the 2023 World Cup. The bands are below and these were based on the world rankings back in January so Wales have been a little lucky while Argentina a little unlucky as they have gone up since then

Always thought the top 4 seeds were always the semi-finalists from the previous tournament and not based on world rankings. ??

I looked online last night to see if there was any availability for tickets at any Gallagher Premiership game this weekend and astonishingly I managed to get a seat at the new Brentford Community Stadium for London Irish v Sale tomorrow afternoon :t:First live rugby match I've had the opportunity of attending since Sedgley Park v Loughborough Students in March 2020.Pub lunch booked pre match too:party:  

• Like 2