British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

When teams could last race in 2019 which teams in both leagues got the highest crowds and which teams from both leagues survive on the lowest gates please 

Both leagues? Thought there were three or are you on the board of the BSPL?:rofl:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Marksman said:

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Speedway fans can hire a megaphone to chat to the nearest person.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Speedway fans can hire a megaphone to chat to the nearest person.

Hire?? Got one already :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just use the stand - loads of tracks have only one side for spectators these days

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ch958 said:

just use the stand - loads of tracks have only one side for spectators these days

Fully agree, would love to see speedway back at that awsome track, went every week from86 to 97, even some exhibition meetings this year would be a good taster, I now live in Lincolnshire but would be up like a shot. Full credit to Steve Rees & Startrax for bringing Odsal back to life.

• Like 3

Brilliant photo of bends 3 & 4 on Startrax facebook page, not sure how to upload it, bend 3 foreground shows ideal place for trackside pits area.

18 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Just needs an air fence, some track lights and a starting gate.  

And enough fans. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ray Stadia said:

And enough fans. 

People always knock Odsal's level of speedway fans but it's a vast stadium, you could put the fans of any British club in the stand & it wouldn't be full, no other speedway stadium has a capacity of nearly 23,000.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

And a promoter.

20 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Not much change out of 30k for an air fence for track that size I'd have thought, hopefully floodlights could be configured to track with a few extra lights.. Starting gates aplenty probably lying round

i know it might sound daft but are these fences dismountable to loan to other tracks? Eg what happens to the Cardiff fence?

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

i know it might sound daft but are these fences dismountable to loan to other tracks? Eg what happens to the Cardiff fence?

All air fences are removable, that’s how they get replaced after a puncture during a meeting.

The Cardiff air fence belongs to the circus that is the GP and it’s owners.

It would cost a few Bob to transport around 45 + panels to Bradford from any other track and I doubt any one track has enough panels to fit out Odsals track although Belle Vue might come close plus the compulsory spares. To give you a comparison , your track , Redcar, uses 31 panels so quite a lot needed for a track three times the size.