British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

6 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Mark Lemon has described the newly fitted speed transponders as a step forward for the sport. To me its just more money to not make anything better, along with 4 valvers, laydowns, etc

It helps to get  GP though 

10 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Mark Lemon has described the newly fitted speed transponders as a step forward for the sport. To me its just more money to not make anything better, along with 4 valvers, laydowns, etc

Totally agree, all this keeping up with the Jones's should be abandoned in favour of a back to basics approach, we should be going our own way (if we ever get started again).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

Transponders and and timing loops - so cutting edge that the stock cars at Foxhall have it as standard .

You know that grass roots amateur sport that due to the lack of professionalism can now run with a larger crowd  than ever attends the speedway!!

57 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Transponders and and timing loops - so cutting edge that the stock cars at Foxhall have it as standard .

You know that grass roots amateur sport that due to the lack of professionalism can now run with a larger crowd  than ever attends the speedway!!

could that be because there are no local matches, Stock car fans travel from all over the country to get their fix. If it was a weekly or fortnightly thing I think the crowds would dwindle because of all the traveling, fans would have to do. 

21 minutes ago, hyderd said:

could that be because there are no local matches, Stock car fans travel from all over the country to get their fix. If it was a weekly or fortnightly thing I think the crowds would dwindle because of all the traveling, fans would have to do. 

Agree with that totally

My reply was two fold - re professionalism and being allowed to run with crowds and the irony of the previous post it replied to re transponders

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm afraid i don't understand your post

10 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I'm afraid i don't understand your post

Oh well never mind. Will leave you to work it out if you can. If not then I'd just be wasting my time trying again :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

you just not making clear your message, don't know if you agree or disagree with my post, irony rarely works on social media

5 hours ago, ch958 said:

nice to know you know more than a professional :rofl:

54 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

nice to know you know more than a professional :rofl:

well i know the sport has no money. What do you think it will add?

On 8/1/2020 at 1:50 PM, Phil The Ace said:

It helps to get  GP though 

At least we should get "true" track records .....

48 minutes ago, Trees said:

At least we should get "true" track records .....

Not really as it depends on the system used. Most transponders works from when it passes a certain point, i.e. the start finish. Depending on how you've gated the rider finishing 4th could break the track record. 

Despite the claim of BV to a world class venue - mainly true - the highly visible sight of cars parked around turns 3 and 4 does it give that 'track in a field' look which doesn't do much for the image and status of the place.

If not terracing, it desperately needs something to block out those cars.  Even advertising boardings would look better.

• Like 2

The looks of the 3rd/4th bend banks bothers me not. It’s a world class race track, that’s what matters.  If the economic situation was different, if crowds of 5,000 was regular then I sure a stand could become a permanent feature.  I think the UK speedway should be well pleased that with all that’s gone on in the last 12 years economically there has been one track opened up that gives world beating speedway racing. That’s a lot to celebrate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1