British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Can only be 1 rising star per team so presumably Anders will be at 6 and Drew at 7, therefore making Anders NOT the rising star, even though he is on the rising star list :blink:

More of a wandering star then...

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Both have not ridden in a British league for a number of seasons.

Crump's 8.21 ave was given for not competing since 2009, (10 years away) so a further reduction was given as he has now missed 11 years. 

Pedersen on the other hand has just not ridden in the UK, so his 2021 starting ave could actually be reassessed to a higher or lower figure. 

Repeating your erroneous statement doesn't make it any less wrong.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

You are conflating two separate rules. BP and Crump have both been away long enough to get reassessed, but don't qualify for an additional reduction for missing a year. Most obviously Crump rode in the British Final last year and Bjarne has ridden every season since he left Poole.

Individual meetings do not count towards averages so 2ndbendbeernut is not wrong - you are just not understanding what he is saying.

• Like 1

Could it also be said that as Crump signed a contract and was included in a premiership 1-7that his intention was to ride in 2020 so he technically shouldnt receive any further reduction for the 2020 season

His average has been reduced by 2.5% - has he qualified for a British Reduction maybe? :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, M.D said:

More of a wandering star then...

And when they don’t do well it will be ‘falling star’....

• Like 1

Edited by Badge
Double link sorry

2 hours ago, Crumpet82 said:

I hope the Witches have a great season, sadly i won't be here to cheer them on as we will soon be off to the UAE for a 2 year work related move. Give Crumpy a big cheer for me. :)

Good luck 82 - perhaps you will be able to stream the meetings......:)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Crump  will be doubling up with Plymouth

I guess he will actually ride more matches for Plymouth than Ipswich due to the size of respective leagues 

I know there is a pandemic on and to honest any speedway is a bonus this year. However for the sport to move forward and thrive again this doubling up really needs raining in its now out of control. 

Good luck to Crumpy and the rest of the doubling up riders at least it keeps them busy without the need to ride overseas. 

6 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

I know there is a pandemic on and to honest any speedway is a bonus this year. However for the sport to move forward and thrive again this doubling up really needs raining in its now out of control. 

Good luck to Crumpy and the rest of the doubling up riders at least it keeps them busy without the need to ride overseas. 

The thing is with only 6 teams the pl is a joke decent UK based riders need to be busy imo

• Like 1

I really don't understand why people have such a problem with doubling up. 

• Like 4