British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Chris Harris is on standby to save the day

We may need him,,, and he may be better than who we end up with. 

It wouldn't be so bad if they said we were hoping to get Chris Holder, but his visa application has fallen through,, but we did have a back up in mind,, and we are currently negotiating a deal with them. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It wouldn't be so bad if they said we were hoping to get Chris Holder, but his visa application has fallen through,, but we did have a back up in mind,, and we are currently negotiating a deal with them. 

That's assuming they were hoping to sign Chris Holder. I'll be honest I have my doubts on that... 

17 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

That's assuming they were hoping to sign Chris Holder. I'll be honest I have my doubts on that... 

They must have been hoping to sign someone,,, so whoever it was 

Its pretty obvious the rider in question is Holder................but the silence from the club is deafening

22 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Its pretty obvious the rider in question is Holder................but the silence from the club is deafening

My thoughts are that it may have been in deference to Danny's farewell today. 

Seems a bit crass to announce anything good or bad before that IMO, and it is only my opinion of course, like others I'm getting a bit twitchy about the team now.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dornier said:

It wont be Greg Hancock he`s retired

never was :rofl:

3 hours ago, Siggytastic said:

Says a lot about British speedway when only 7 teams cant be filled with suitable riders.

If you take out the doubling up/down you probably couldn’t fill seven teams. Yes the fall from grace is dramatic hence the powers that be should start to re-build the sport from the bottom and forget Poland etc. Those days when British speedway was a force to be reckoned with are for now, long gone. They should be encouraging riders at all levels and let teams without home tracks compete in the NDL. What is the harm if it is unearthing new talent. Get as many teams as possible named and race matches on a 4TT basis but with one rider from each team in each race over 20 heats. Make it interesting by starting on green light, no tapes and no exclusions for offences. Just handicap the offending rider by the starting position with 10, 20 or 30 mtrs handicap depending on the offence. Just do something different and stop the same old same old routine.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

If you take out the doubling up/down you probably couldn’t fill seven teams. 

It’s more that you can’t fill both 2 tiers if you took out the double up/ down.