Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Rocket87

Wolverhampton 2020

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It’s obvious Wolves and no doubt the speedway league will halt league racing after that pathetic attempt to justify why restrictions should be extended a month. 

It's not pathetic Steve, let's be real here. There has to be control or a very likely 3rd wave. This current situation is far better than a total lockdown yet again. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's not pathetic Steve, let's be real here. There has to be control or a very likely 3rd wave. This current situation is far better than a total lockdown yet again. 

 

It is pathetic. Over exaggerated cough that you're far more likely to recover from than die. 

Yet people want to ruin busineeses over it. Anyone would think we live in Gaza the way No.10 are going on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Of course it’s pathetic. The criteria they used before to justify was an increase in infections x increase in hospital admissions x increase in deaths. What we currently have is less than half a person with Covid per hospital, yesterday we had 5 deaths, just a few weeks ago we had days with no deaths. Therefore there is not even a hint of a 3rd wave. The vaccine is protecting those who are vulnerable, 

Covid is currently the 9th biggest killer in the UK, yes 9th.  There is no science that backs up the need to extend these ridiculous restrictions. 
There should never be a need for another lockdown ever again, however I’m sure the government will justify it somehow. Winter will always see an increase in deaths from viruses. The flu kills thousands every year. Do we lockdown or wear masks for those?

People going abroad will bring new variants back to the UK. So yet again more threats of a new outbreak. It will never end.

Even Boris said ‘at some stage we will have to learn to live with it’. That time is now. Or when do we wait till?

infections will stay higher the more people socialise, that is completely NORMAL. So long as hospital don’t see an increase and deaths increase again then this is all perfectly normal. 
So yes, this extension is totally pathetic, backed up by no science whatsoever. 

I work for the NHS.let me tell you that this is not pathetic.it is done justifiably for a reason.try saying that this is pathetic to the families of thousands who have lost loved ones.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Of course it’s pathetic. The criteria they used before to justify was an increase in infections x increase in hospital admissions x increase in deaths. What we currently have is less than half a person with Covid per hospital, yesterday we had 5 deaths, just a few weeks ago we had days with no deaths. Therefore there is not even a hint of a 3rd wave. The vaccine is protecting those who are vulnerable, 

Covid is currently the 9th biggest killer in the UK, yes 9th.  There is no science that backs up the need to extend these ridiculous restrictions. 
There should never be a need for another lockdown ever again, however I’m sure the government will justify it somehow. Winter will always see an increase in deaths from viruses. The flu kills thousands every year. Do we lockdown or wear masks for those?

People going abroad will bring new variants back to the UK. So yet again more threats of a new outbreak. It will never end.

Even Boris said ‘at some stage we will have to learn to live with it’. That time is now. Or when do we wait till?

infections will stay higher the more people socialise, that is completely NORMAL. So long as hospital don’t see an increase and deaths increase again then this is all perfectly normal. 
So yes, this extension is totally pathetic, backed up by no science whatsoever. 

....except it gives the opportunity for a further 9 million vaccinations!!  However I don't see why those vaccs couldn.t be done anyway if step 4 was adhered to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that Boris & Co. are following Humph's example of using % increases to amplify their figures. One of the slides shown had a starting figure of 3 per 100,000. the next figure was 5, so it transposed as a 66% rise!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be a variance to the size of crowd that clubs have been allowed.

Glasgow seemingly can only have 250.... others much more

Is this the council interpreting the rules their own way ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KIRKYLANE said:

There seems to be a variance to the size of crowd that clubs have been allowed.

Glasgow seemingly can only have 250.... others much more

Is this the council interpreting the rules their own way ?

Yes the respective council's set their own limit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

I work for the NHS.let me tell you that this is not pathetic.it is done justifiably for a reason.try saying that this is pathetic to the families of thousands who have lost loved ones.

It is unfortunate that thousands of people have died,many of these have died with covid though instead of from covid.The stats worry so many people but it is very misleading as usual from the Government.There are many,many more people dying from other illnesses now as a result of all of this.Plus the more people that are suffering from mental illnesses as a result of these lockdowns.My heart op was delayed by 7 months,how many more people have had ops delayed and may have died as a result of this.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crumpet85 said:

Complete nonsense. If you do actually work for the NHS, you would know that the majority of patients in hospital WITH covid were admitted for an unrelated condition and are not even being treated for covid.

Yes I do actually work for them,do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crumpet85 said:

Complete nonsense. If you do actually work for the NHS, you would know that the majority of patients in hospital WITH covid were admitted for an unrelated condition and are not even being treated for covid. 

Edited by Moranboys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

 

Regardless of it being an underlying condition or not,most have been covid related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over exaggerated cough that No.10 is prepared to ruin businesses over.

UK Cases - 4.57 Million

UK Deaths - 128,000

As I said earlier far far far more likely to recover than die from yet people are prepared to support businesses going under for this rubbish. 

Country needs to grow a set and go back to normal again rather than running scared of the sniffles.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Regardless of it being an underlying condition or not,most have been covid related.

That's like saying eating toast for breakfast was related. The toast never killed them either, did it. :rolleyes:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy