British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

A bit of gloating going on from fans of various teams. Unsavoury. Yes Glasgow oozes professionalism but owning your own stadium goes a long way to what you can do with your facility.  The Faccennas ploughed mega bucks into Ashfield; other promotions don’t have that financial background. It would be great if we did. Don’t think any fans of any team should post about a closure of a track. We need as many teams as possible in our sport. Again well done to both teams and congratulations to Leicester, topped the table, tactically sound last night, worthy winners.

Given the choice between the Faccennas or Buster Chapman buying up all the clubs in a league I know which one I'd prefer

12 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Ooops, touched a nerve did we :party::D

It is extremely tedious and a sad reflection on society were people continually try to criticise people for trying to better the sport. The bitterness about Glasgow from people on here is crazy. Glasgow fans weren't putting the boot into Laura when she spent a fortune on Workington were they?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Hang on a minute, the clowns on here take great joy that Workington folded last season . Nagy1 a prime example on their last 2 posts , along with the other 3 :rolleyes:. All very sad . I guarantee you its not jealousy where I'm concerned that's an absolute certainty, but nice to see the smug few on here brought back down a peg or two :approve:

There was absolutely no joy on my part that you lot went bust. It was one of the first fixtures I looked for on the calendar. Very rarely missed a Glasgow meeting there. I don't feel for certain fans that they have lost there team though.  

58 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely jealousy. Has been there since Glasgow were bought, all very sad. People don’t take joy in another team losing for any other reason, they wouldn’t care either way otherwise. 

No jealousy, always a joy watching your rivals so to speak getting beat. Even before they got bought over.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

No jealousy, always a joy watching your rivals so to speak getting beat. Even before they got bought over.

Get what you mean i have had a lot of joyous evenings this season :D.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Get what you mean i have had a lot of joyous evenings this season :D.

See it’s not so bad is it.

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

See it’s not so bad is it.

No it was joyous.

Congratulations to Leicester who came through regardless of the injuries suffered to key personnel during the season.

It was a case of so near yet so far for the Tigers.  I went to Ashfield confident they would overturn the deficit and the fans must be sorely disappointed they just failed to do enough. All season long the Tigers have been mighty in heats 13 and 15 and I couldn't see it being any different. This should have meant that the Tigers needed 5 extra points from somewhere to lift the trophy which should have been within there capabilities. The fact that Leicester held on was quite simply because second strings Perks and Proctor were head and shoulders above Andersen and Sam Jensen who scored just 4 points between them. It surely would have been different with a fit Paul Starke.

A rare fall from Rasser wasn't in the script either and I thought he never looked completely comfortable on a track that appeared both slick and a bit greasy. Cookie and Claus Vissing in particular who probably rode the best I've seen him were superb. These 3 were well supported by young Kyle Bickley who like in last seasons final for Worky contributed significantly when it mattered and completely outshone Connor Bailey who will have been disappointed with his 1 point from 3 tally.

Watching how it played out on track I think there maybe something in the notion that  'self imposed' pressure may have adversely affected certain members of the team, even the front page of the program was titled 'time to be heroes' or something similar. Mishaps in the first half of the meeting resulted in a self inflicted inability to build any momentum until is was all a bit too late. 

Leicester's man of the meeting was undoubtedly Ellis Perks who gave it everything. The way he came from last to first in heat 14 to clinch the trophy when the Tigers were on a 5-1 would have sent the Lions fans delirious.

Trophies are often won as a result of fine margins and I think the Tigers will look at this and think that they beat themselves, that was the impression I left with anyway.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Hang on a minute, the clowns on here take great joy that Workington folded last season . Nagy1 a prime example on their last 2 posts , along with the other 3 :rolleyes:. All very sad . I guarantee you its not jealousy where I'm concerned that's an absolute certainty, but nice to see the smug few on here brought back down a peg or two :approve:

Maybe rise above it and be the bigger person?

Stay classy. Be better not bitter. Taking delight in another team’s heartbreak is not a good look and makes it worse for the genuine and pleasant Glasgow fans on here who have to read all the tripe.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe rise above it and be the bigger person?

Stay classy. Be better not bitter. Taking delight in another team’s heartbreak is not a good look and makes it worse for the genuine and pleasant Glasgow fans on here who have to read all the tripe.

PART 1 ....its the same in most sports. everybody loves to shoots down the favourites . 

PART 2 .... i remember when the Faccinas (spelling ) thats why i call then Faccues  took over the speedway @ glasgow and put together a good side . with the side fully assembled  it looked great and as a few Glasgow fans , (the triplets,) started bragging about their team and how the 2nd strings in the Glasgow team  would make heat leaders in the workington team . now to me , that is bragging and even belittling the promotion , riders and most importantly the fans/followers . 

so to me, any fans that took offence to that post were only getting their own back . if you cant take it , dont dish it out . it will be interesting to see/hear or read about how much cash the speedway has lost the Faccues in the time its been running ....  so it looks like a lesson to be learned  , that just because you have the best stadium (not my words ) in U.K. speedway and poss the best ever number one . you have to earn success and not buy it . its not working for MAN YOU  in football at the moment .  earn your respect for other teams and in return they will give it back .. 

see you in the N.L?  

Edited by jenga
Do I need a reason ?

2 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Well done Leicester on their victory.

I will disagree with the people saying they were clearly the best team over the year.

Glasgow's bad luck was the factor they topped the league. Sam Jensen falling in ht 14 @ Leicester robbed us of a win there.

As to the circus freaks of Workington laughing at the Tigers, it has been a pleasure giving you something to talk about over the season. There is nothing but jealousy coming from your direction towards Glasgow. The snide remarks about money etc.

The Glasgow promotion are a credit to the sport, setting the benchmark for other teams to follow. Absolute professionalism. How did the Worky business model work??

If Glasgow didn’t have Scottish referee Jim McGregor looking after them in the league match at Glasgow vs Leicester then Leicester would have won there some very dubious decisions then in heat 15 Harris cleared crossed the line before the Glasgow rider.   So your argument is irrelevant.  

Face facts  Leicester were the better team over the whole season when it came to the play off’s they were not scared they picked the 2nd strongest team in the league Redcar for their semi final opponents because they feared no-one.

More league points 

More League Wins

More points scored 

Less points conceded 

Better scores in the play off’s 

More injuries 

How can anyone say that Leicester were not the better side over the season

Edited by Lenny Lion
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

If Glasgow didn’t have Scottish referee Jim McGregor looking after them in the league match at Glasgow vs Leicester then Leicester would have won there some very dubious decisions then in heat 15 Harris cleared crossed the line before the Glasgow rider.   So your argument is irrelevant.  

Face facts  Leicester were the better team over the whole season.

More league points 

More League Wins

More points scored 

Less points conceded 

Better scores in the play off’s 

More injuries 

How can anyone say that Leicester were not the better side over the season

Oooft. You think McGregor helps Glasgow or has a Glasgow bias? Behave. We beat Leicester by 7 points that night. How would that point of been the difference?

Glasgow's bad luck gifted the league to the Lions. If Paul Starke had been riding it would not even of been a fair contest.

8 hours ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

I dont know what has happened with Steve's overall form this year. Even at Newcastle he has blown hot and cold.  Saw him at Berwick with Newcastle and he was superb.  Engine problems maybe?

I think he came back from injury too soon last season and Ritchie mentioned it when he got injured this season stating it had put Steve back and he wouldn't be making the same mistake. I also think he's gone stale at Belle Vue and a change could benefit him 

• Like 1