British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

Meeting tonight at Glasgow has been postponed due to a water logged track

"Waterlogged track" now if i were nasty u might say perhaps 2 riders were out celabrating last night or perhaps we want the second leg at our track , all said in the best possible taste.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Won’t be long until the usual suspects come along suggesting we called it off on purpose so the 2nd leg would be at Ashfield :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Oh here we go with the accusations of foul play, this is Scotland, it rains a lot, and there was heavy rain last night.

Edited by dorothy58
  • Sad 1

What's the point of having weather forecasts when they change every day. We've had rain when they say it will be dry and this week they have forecast everything from heavy rain to dry! It wasn't meant to rain last night or this morning but the roads around me are sodden. And they are now forecasting rain later on. Looks as if I'll never get the grass cut :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

What's the point of having weather forecasts when they change every day. We've had rain when they say it will be dry and this week they have forecast everything from heavy rain to dry! It wasn't meant to rain last night or this morning but the roads around me are sodden. And they are now forecasting rain later on. Looks as if I'll never get the grass cut :rolleyes: 

Accept your point, but what is the criteria for running a speedway meeting now.Todays forecast is typical for time of year,I’ve seen a lot worse.

• Like 1

Gutted about the postponement. Hopefully get a Sunday meeting this weekend. Or maybe just push it out to next Saturday and the Lions fans could round up the numbers for a bus.

• Haha 1

This is why we need an outbreak of common sense at Fawlty Towers and run these meetings in September with the cut off at the end of August.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, nagy1 said:

Gutted about the postponement. Hopefully get a Sunday meeting this weekend. Or maybe just push it out to next Saturday and the Lions fans could round up the numbers for a bus.

Glasgow End of Season dance next Saturday.  :cheers::party::cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure Sunday is an option as it would effect two other meetings as would take 3 out of National league riders final and also 3 out of the Year Wolves vs Peterborough fixture plus a lack of available guests with some riders saying they are finished for the year. 

I expect it to be midweek apart from Wednesday due to the England vs Denmark test match. From a a Leicester perspective I hope it’s not Monday or Friday so it does not clash with the Lions Cub fixtures at Kent and Belle  It is also Leicester’s dinner and dance on Saturday so that’s not an option.

I noticed earlier that forecast for Leicester has changed now with heavy rain here tonight and into Saturday morning then showers in the afternoon 

Edited by flagrag

8 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Not sure Sunday is an option as it would effect two other meetings as would take 3 out of National league riders final and also 3 out of the Year Wolves vs Peterborough fixture plus a lack of available guests with some riders saying they are finished for the year. 

I expect it to be midweek apart from Wednesday due to the England vs Denmark test match. From a a Leicester perspective I hope it’s not Monday or Friday so it does not clash with the Lions Cub fixtures at Kent and Belle  It is also Leicester’s dinner and dance on Saturday so that’s not an option.

I noticed earlier that forecast for Leicester has changed now with heavy rain here tonight and into Saturday morning then showers in the afternoon 

Coin ,best of three,maybe