British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I said his and got accused as usual of Poole bashing

King and Worrall arent going to get any better but Ellis is and i would expect Adam to have the highest average

The bottom end is hugely risky but could pay off

At the moment Poole look like a mid table side at best..............but the gambles may pay off and we know they will make changes if not

I think worrall will easily put a point on. Considering he has been a 9-8.25 rider for his whole career bar last year. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

I think worrall will easily put a point on. Considering he has been a 9-8.25 rider for his whole career bar last year. 

Whole career??? He was a 3 pointer going nowhere for quite a while? Hasn’t been brilliant for very long

I have said before if any one of our top three is not scoring it could be hard work just my opinion of course 

7 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Whole career??? He was a 3 pointer going nowhere for quite a while? Hasn’t been brilliant for very long

He has averaged over 7.3 since 2014. Thats pretty good for success and bar 2014 and 2019 he has been closer to 8.5. 

I think thats pretty good really. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, poolebolton said:

He has averaged over 7.3 since 2014. Thats pretty good for success and bar 2014 and 2019 he has been closer to 8.5. 

No doubt he was rapidly improving but had a nasty knock and hasn’t been same since

sometimes riders take an injury free season to get back into it, theres every chance he could average 9 plus next season. 

• Like 1

I see Poole have 6 riders kevlars sponsored.. I make it they will need another 4 at best by the end of the season :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

He broke his leg in 2012 which set him back a bit ,to say he was going nowhere is a it harsh.He is a decent heat leader in any Team.If I remember Berwick had a chance of getting him after his 1st broken leg on a3 pt av, but never took it.

13 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Worrall looked very upwardly mobile at end of 2017 possibly even the next breakthrough rider.

Terrible luck at start of 2018 stalled him. Think even he would admit he tried to come back too soon in middle of 2018 and may be now regrets not allowing more healing time.

Never really got to grips with 2019 but I do agree that often a rider needs a full summer and winter to recover form after such injury.

It's possible 2020 will define him as either being very upwardly mobile again or a rider who will be a solid 8 pointer but always look back at that crash and wonder "what if".

I do think Ellis (other than Cook) will be best CL rider in 2020 and King will be very solid back up and one of top 10 in the League overall .

16 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

That’s a good load of accusations from someone who supports a team who a few years back had a promoter who was barred by his stadium landlords from attending home matches. 

That was a Cradley promoter!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

No he was the Birmingham promoter 

My recollection was he was banned because of his behaviour as a Birmingham promoter. The ban was implemented after he’d walked away from Birmingham but tried to come back as a Cradley promoter when Cradley rode at Birmingham. Something like that anyway. 

Did he not complete the season? I think it's right the club got robbed one night in the season. 

26 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

My recollection was he was banned because of his behaviour as a Birmingham promoter. The ban was implemented after he’d walked away from Birmingham but tried to come back as a Cradley promoter when Cradley rode at Birmingham. Something like that anyway. 

He was banned because of very late payment of rent to the stadium owners while he was the Birmingham promoter

The following season he was the Cradley promoter but was not allowed to enter Perry Barr when Cradley visited or on any other occasion .

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Worrall looked very upwardly mobile at end of 2017 possibly even the next breakthrough rider.

Terrible luck at start of 2018 stalled him. Think even he would admit he tried to come back too soon in middle of 2018 and may be now regrets not allowing more healing time.

Never really got to grips with 2019 but I do agree that often a rider needs a full summer and winter to recover form after such injury.

It's possible 2020 will define him as either being very upwardly mobile again or a rider who will be a solid 8 pointer but always look back at that crash and wonder "what if".

I do think Ellis (other than Cook) will be best CL rider in 2020 and King will be very solid back up and one of top 10 in the League overall .

Steve did a telephone interview at the fans quiznight in which he confirmed that all the metal work has been removed from his leg and he felt 'whole' again and better than for some time. Fitness and diet regime in full flow and he's raring to go.

• Like 1

It'd be good to see Worrall back to where he was, he really did look like he could kick on til he was fenced in 2018. It's a shame it didn't work for him at Newcastle but it'd be good for Britain to have another decent rider in the mix.

• Like 1