British Speedway Forum

Sounds like our 1st home meeting could be put back a week, on going talks with landlords and council 

26 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Sounds like our 1st home meeting could be put back a week, on going talks with landlords and council 

Hope they get that resolved sharpish.

Only 55 cases reported in the last 7 days in the whole of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole council area.

58 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

maybe you are right heard the start has been changed i am sure skidder will know ?

Are the travellers still on the car park?

5 hours ago, ray c said:

maybe you are right heard the start has been changed i am sure skidder will know ?

Latest news now on Poole website :t:

5 hours ago, ray c said:

The announcement of the possible delay of one week was made this morning before the Govt confirmation of 'Step 3'. Now that has happened the discussions with landlords and local council can now continue based upon a capacity of around 2000 ish and what social distancing measures can be controlled.

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

Are the travellers still on the car park?

The travellers were in the lorry park rather than the main car park - apparently!

There is also a rumour that the glass stand is being used as a 'Covid test centre until end June' - but I've not been down to see it and its not listed an any of the local test links!!

Danny Ford in today’s Daily Echo

“I know there has been a lot of negativity around this, especially with what’s happened at Swindon (dropping out the league for 2021) and stuff.

“We do appreciate that – we are going to keep our fans updated on the situation. People shouldn’t worry just yet.”

Don’t like that last sentence? :-(

2 hours ago, KrisB said:

“I know there has been a lot of negativity around this, especially with what’s happened at Swindon (dropping out the league for 2021) and stuff.

“We do appreciate that – we are going to keep our fans updated on the situation. People shouldn’t worry just yet.”

Should we worry at all .sounds ominous to me i agree

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KrisB said:

Theres nothing like taking a small quote out of context is there.  The full article gives a much more positive view on the current situation with commitment to all the away fixtures even if there is a delay in the first home meeting! All the team except Zane - who arrives Friday - are here and raring to go.

More details later this week............

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Theres nothing like taking a small quote out of context is there.  The full article gives a much more positive view on the current situation with commitment to all the away fixtures even if there is a delay in the first home meeting! All the team except Zane - who arrives Friday - are here and raring to go.

More details later this week............

Think to be honest, Danny should know better, and not even mentioned the last sentence! as he knows better than anyone it can be taken out of context.

As a Poole fan I am worried how the greyhound owners have treated Reading (still a car park for football) and Swindon and the fact there is a lot of 'parties' involved that reads not just council and stadia UK. Think if anything underhand does start to surface like back at the end of 1995, the council will have a massive back lash from locals & supporters! 

The first match will be a week late June 2. It's not so bad maybe the Stadium owners can get one more insurance payment if there is no racing in May

11 minutes ago, Technik said:

The first match will be a week late June 2. It's not so bad maybe the Stadium owners can get one more insurance payment if there is no racing in May

is that confirmed then or are you just guessing ?

• Like 1