Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

On 2/26/2021 at 8:12 PM, East End Fan said:

 Don't know much about Cameron Heeps

You wont be disappointed :t:

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I'm sure you will be made very welcome.  Kent folk are a friendly bunch and viewing in our big grandstand is second to none with good facilities enclosed.  It is

one of the reasons that, when Arena closed, I have become a Central Park regular.  For me, a comfortable seat during racing is a "must" nowadays. The only thing that

bothers me ( not that much) is the 6.30 start time and 8.30 curfew, but at least I get home at an acceptable time.  But I do sometimes arrive very close to start time and

a couple of times I have missed the 1st race.  No ones fault but my own, of course.  Still annoying though.

Looking forward to my visit now!! The stadium does look very nice. See you guys in the summer :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Looking forward to my visit now!! The stadium does look very nice. See you guys in the summer :)

We will look forward to your visit.....but to be honest, the anticipation is likely to be more because you bring Jason Crump with you !

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

We will look forward to your visit.....but to be honest, the anticipation is likely to be more because you bring Jason Crump with you !

Newcastle 1st, Plymouth 2nd :D We'll bring the excitement of Joe Alcock and Matty Wethers... I say that, but Matty is my favourite at the minute haha... But I do love Plymouth, I have a lot of family down there and lived down there a year myself (Before the team came back) Plymouth would be my 1st team if I lived closer, brilliant area of the country and amazing club

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You wont be disappointed :t:

Think he will be great for the team alongside Scotty.Really looking forward to some great riders at CP....Crump,Harris,Cook,Pedersen,King,Masters etc...and Eagles of course! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Think he will be great for the team alongside Scotty.Really looking forward to some great riders at CP....Crump,Harris,Cook,Pedersen,King,Masters etc...and Eagles of course! 

Good to get the news from another ex-Arena convert. It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how the great riders you mention handle the track at

Central Park.  Pleased to hear that those familiar with Cameron Heeps consider him to be a top guy.  I have never seen him ride ( that I can remember).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Good to get the news from another ex-Arena convert. It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how the great riders you mention handle the track at

Central Park.  Pleased to hear that those familiar with Cameron Heeps consider him to be a top guy.  I have never seen him ride ( that I can remember).

I am not really a convert....living in Kent the choice was AE or nothing......I started to go regular to Speedway after the likes of Crayford,Canterbury were no more!

Edited by blueherb777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

I am not really a convert....living in Kent the choice was AE or nothing......I started to go regular to Speedway after the likes of Crayford,Canterbury were no more!

Ah...I understand.  You are actually a KENT fan who converted to Arena ?  Now back "Home".    I went to Arena simply because it carried the name of my

"birth" team , the West Ham Hammers of Custom House from the days when Eric Chitty was captain.  Did enjoy my time there although the stadium, if you

could call it that, was very basic.  At the old Custom House track I was able to go upstairs to the big seated grandstand and I like Kent because it is very

similar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 2:22 PM, East End Fan said:

Ah...I understand.  You are actually a KENT fan who converted to Arena ?  Now back "Home".    I went to Arena simply because it carried the name of my

"birth" team , the West Ham Hammers of Custom House from the days when Eric Chitty was captain.  Did enjoy my time there although the stadium, if you

could call it that, was very basic.  At the old Custom House track I was able to go upstairs to the big seated grandstand and I like Kent because it is very

similar.

Has anyone got any ideas or thoughts about what restrictions might be I place when we start racing ?  Facemasks ?  Distancing ? Hand cleansing ?  etc

No one has mentioned any of that stuff yet.  I am lucky because I will have had my 2nd injection, so I'll feel pretty safe.  Still quite a few weeks ahead, and things are 

looking quite good at present, so normality MIGHT exist.  Been a long wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Has anyone got any ideas or thoughts about what restrictions might be I place when we start racing ?  Facemasks ?  Distancing ? Hand cleansing ?  etc

No one has mentioned any of that stuff yet.  I am lucky because I will have had my 2nd injection, so I'll feel pretty safe.  Still quite a few weeks ahead, and things are 

looking quite good at present, so normality MIGHT exist.  Been a long wait.

Have a look on Easties web site, the all ticket booking for the first 2 meetings lays out exactly what they're doing as regards getting in and out, facemasks etc. So well laid out as what's involved would hope other clubs would follow suit in being so precise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 9:58 AM, East End Fan said:

Good to get the news from another ex-Arena convert. It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how the great riders you mention handle the track at

Central Park.  Pleased to hear that those familiar with Cameron Heeps consider him to be a top guy.  I have never seen him ride ( that I can remember).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

 

Great speedway!

My understanding of Cameron Heeps, is that he's always had the potential, but he made a conscious effort to get physically fit before his last season and it certainly paid off!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

if you thought gardening at NL level was annoying...........

Yes agree....but I like the way he  battles:D....and gives as good as he gets! :t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Yes agree....but I like the way he  battles:D....and gives as good as he gets! :t:

If that is true, he will become very popular with Kent fans. My gut feeling has always been that a trier will always be more popular than a rider who

gets all his points from the gate. I'm beginning to become a bit more optimistic about results at Central Park. We might just surprise a few people.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy