British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

SEC 2020 - 5th round Torun Wednesday July 29th live on Eurosport

Very much enjoyed that from Lambert last night. Great to see him improve off the starts where it was his only major weakness in previous seasons.

This short series has also convinced me of just how much a bang-average rider Madsen is. His bike is somehow so much faster than everyone else’s off the bends and down the straights, yet he still flounders about in most races, dropping points by getting tangled up in battles with other riders. My Nan could score decent points on his bike.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Very much enjoyed that from Lambert last night. Great to see him improve off the starts where it was his only major weakness in previous seasons.

This short series has also convinced me of just how much a bang-average rider Madsen is. His bike is somehow so much faster than everyone else’s off the bends and down the straights, yet he still flounders about in most races, dropping points by getting tangled up in battles with other riders. My Nan could score decent points on his bike.

There a few riders that would like to be as bang- average as Madsen.He explained tonight that his bikes are  aggressive and too strong for the slicker tracks.He was also saying that he hasn’t been well over the last few days.Im sure he will sort out his set -up come GP series.Interestingly riders are saying that the Polish tracks seem to be much slicker this season compared to normal.

ps

Is your Nan being called up to replace Batchelor at Rybnik:t:

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 11:06 PM, Fromafar said:

There a few riders that would like to be as bang- average as Madsen.He explained tonight that his bikes are  aggressive and too strong for the slicker tracks.He was also saying that he hasn’t been well over the last few days.Im sure he will sort out his set -up come GP series.Interestingly riders are saying that the Polish tracks seem to be much slicker this season compared to normal.

ps

Is your Nan being called up to replace Batchelor at Rybnik:t:

What’s batchelor got to do with it?

Its not just Wednesday night Madsen flattered to deceive. I’ve noticed it over the last couple of seasons. Not saying he’s a bad rider at all (although silencer-gate has made me question many results of his since), but if riders like Sayfudinov, Woffinden, Zmazlik etc had that kind of speed in their bikes, where they could generate speed on parts of the track that no other riders  in the same race/meeting seem able to, they barely be dropping any points at all.

15 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Its not just Wednesday night Madsen flattered to deceive. I’ve noticed it over the last couple of seasons. Not saying he’s a bad rider at all (although silencer-gate has made me question many results of his since), but if riders like Sayfudinov, Woffinden, Zmazlik etc had that kind of speed in their bikes, where they could generate speed on parts of the track that no other riders  in the same race/meeting seem able to, they barely be dropping any points at all.

It’s not Madsen’s fault that he can set up his bike to work on parts of the track that the others can’t.How has he flattered to deceive over the last couple of seasons he was runner- up in the World Championship:blink:

• Like 2

It’s one thing having power in the bike but it’s got to be useable. The reason he gets his bikes out of corners fast is a skill of getting his wheels in line sooner rather then later. Ove Fundin was good at that. It’s documented he did not always have a fast bike, but he knew how to get the best out of the power he had - wheels in line ASAP is one track craft. 
Madsen is carrying some bad injuries. His back is not in good shape, delaying an op until he retires as it may make matters worse rather then better. So if he has a weaker meeting occasionally it is understandable. Riders are not machines, they are humans.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Nonsense. 

there has been times Woffindens bikes have looked twice as fast as anybody elses. 

IMO Madsen is an extremely well set up rider , extremely talented and the best in the world atm. 

he will be a world champion at least once. 

Bang average my arse

• Like 5

On 7/30/2020 at 10:36 PM, Speedy swindon pete said:

Madsen is the best rider in the world at the moment. Fast, skilful and determined. Favourite to be WC which he would have won before but for injury robbing him. Think you need to reassess your opinion. It is not correct.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Only for a single GP, or two if they race in both halves of a double header.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Only for a single GP, or two if they race in both halves of a double header. The permanent wild cards were selected months ago.

That’s what I meant

11 hours ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Not saying he’s a bad rider at all (although silencer-gate has made me question many results of his since), but

You're not questioning Ed Kennett's results then?

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

It’s one thing having power in the bike but it’s got to be useable. The reason he gets his bikes out of corners fast is a skill of getting his wheels in line sooner rather then later. Ove Fundin was good at that. It’s documented he did not always have a fast bike, but he knew how to get the best out of the power he had - wheels in line ASAP is one track craft. 
Madsen is carrying some bad injuries. His back is not in good shape, delaying an op until he retires as it may make matters worse rather then better. So if he has a weaker meeting occasionally it is understandable. Riders are not machines, they are humans.

His back injury sounds nasty,not a nice injury to be carrying.