British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MMX Events

Speedway Star magazine spotted in “Le Mans 66” today!

A bit off beat but I was delighted to see a 1960s edition of speedway star prominently on the table in one of the later shots of the new film Le Mans 66. It’s the true tale of Ford v Ferrari and the development of Shelby inc.

can certainly recommend the film. A delight for race fans and a remarkable performance by Christian Bale as Ken Miles the English driver.

he absolutely nailed the accent and expression. Even his walk was quintessentialy English! 

Great to see a nod to Speedway in there!

Edited by MMX Events
  • Like 1

They probably thought speedway related to car racing, as in America. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MMX Events said:

A bit off beat but I was delighted to see a 1960s edition of speedway star prominently on the table in one of the later shots of the new film Le Mans 66. It’s the true tale of Ford v Ferrari and the development of Shelby inc.

can certainly recommend the film. A delight for race fans and a remarkable performance by Christian Bale as Ken Miles the English driver.

he absolutely nailed the accent and expression. Even his walk was quintessentialy English!

BiB: I'm sure Christian Bale spent his early yrs in UK

Born in Havorfordwest, and attended Bournemouth School (the boys Grammar School)

Edited by RedRock18
Needed to check the Bmth info wasn't my mind playing tricks!

9 hours ago, MMX Events said:

On Netflix at the moment, there is a documentary about the 'war' between Ferrari and Ford, regarding Le Mans. Only snag is, there is a particular Italian chap who pops up now and then, doesn't speak in English and there are no subtitles! My Italian doesn't stretch much beyond ciao! If you haven't seen the film (I haven't yet), it's a good intro to the story behind the film. 

16 hours ago, RedRock18 said:

BiB: I'm sure Christian Bale spent his early yrs in UK

Born in Havorfordwest, and attended Bournemouth School (the boys Grammar School)

Search for Christian Bale on Youtube and the first ones to come up are his interviews along with Matt Damon about Le Mans 66.  He definitely has an English accent, unless he is staying in character.:wink:

:t: Thanks 

I just remember when the 1987 film he did alongside John Malkovich "Empire of the Sun" came out, that the Evening Echo (Bmth) became obsessed with the Bournemouth boy making it big in Hollywood B)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedRock18 said:

:t: Thanks 

I just remember when the 1987 film he did alongside John Malkovich "Empire of the Sun" came out, that the Evening Echo (Bmth) became obsessed with the Bournemouth boy making it big in Hollywood B)

Very good film, Empire of the Sun. I only found out recently that he was the little boy in the film!