Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

Recommended Posts

It was Mr Drury and Birmingham I think who denied Kent a last heat and ensured they took home point! Popular he was not....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

It was Mr Drury and Birmingham I think who denied Kent a last heat and ensured they took home point! Popular he was not....

Thanks for putting me right...It WAS a Midlands club. It was really quite a disgraceful move to deny the fans of a race they had paid to see.

10 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it was actually to win the National Trophy final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

And it was actually to win the National Trophy final.

Hello Teaboy.  Have not seen you on here for a while.  Been on holiday ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just very little to talk about atm.. roll on May (hopefully)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 4:44 PM, noaksey said:

£15 for National League.

Steep imo

Tenner at Eastbourne for NDL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of Eastbourne, I seem to remember some un sportmanslike behaviour from their NL team manager to delay a meeting at Kent and invoke the curfew, and prevent 15 heats being run. 

Seems there nothing in the rules to prevent "time wasting" .....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Talking of Eastbourne, I seem to remember some un sportmanslike behaviour from their NL team manager to delay a meeting at Kent and invoke the curfew, and prevent 15 heats being run. 

Seems there nothing in the rules to prevent "time wasting" .....

 

Well if referees were quicker with the 2 mins and riders had to be at the gate and ready to start in that time, start marshal's were 'empowered' to be more strict with riders ignoring them when called in to start and riders anticipating that start did not lead to a re-start with re-fuelling, etc.. then curfews would become academic as a meeting would be run in the vast majority of cases well within the two hours...

Also hi Bob haven't seen you for years!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Talking of Eastbourne, I seem to remember some un sportmanslike behaviour from their NL team manager to delay a meeting at Kent and invoke the curfew, and prevent 15 heats being run. 

Seems there nothing in the rules to prevent "time wasting" .....

 

They were trying to prevent the match getting to heat 10 as they were loosing and didn't want the match result to stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the many problems with British speedway time wasting would be top of most fans list and it's easy to sort out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bruno said:

Of all the many problems with British speedway time wasting would be top of most fans list and it's easy to sort out

I hate it! There’s never a reason for a meeting to take longer than 2 hours, unless there’s a serious accident. But even then, the time it takes to sort that out must be the interval and only 2 heats later :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, arnieg said:

They were trying to prevent the match getting to heat 10 as they were loosing and didn't want the match result to stand.

And the match continued after the curfew. 

So is there a curfew at Kent or is this something made up so Len can get home by 9pm for his cocoa and slippers;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

And the match continued after the curfew. 

So is there a curfew at Kent or is this something made up so Len can get home by 9pm for his cocoa and slippers;)

Of course there is a curfew at Kent . It is clearly laid out in the planning conditions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy