British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

It was Mr Drury and Birmingham I think who denied Kent a last heat and ensured they took home point! Popular he was not....

10 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

It was Mr Drury and Birmingham I think who denied Kent a last heat and ensured they took home point! Popular he was not....

Thanks for putting me right...It WAS a Midlands club. It was really quite a disgraceful move to deny the fans of a race they had paid to see.

10 hours ago, hawks 1975 said:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

And it was actually to win the National Trophy final.

Hello Teaboy.  Have not seen you on here for a while.  Been on holiday ?

Just very little to talk about atm.. roll on May (hopefully)

On 4/11/2021 at 4:44 PM, noaksey said:

£15 for National League.

Steep imo

Tenner at Eastbourne for NDL.

Talking of Eastbourne, I seem to remember some un sportmanslike behaviour from their NL team manager to delay a meeting at Kent and invoke the curfew, and prevent 15 heats being run. 

Seems there nothing in the rules to prevent "time wasting" .....

9 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Talking of Eastbourne, I seem to remember some un sportmanslike behaviour from their NL team manager to delay a meeting at Kent and invoke the curfew, and prevent 15 heats being run. 

Well if referees were quicker with the 2 mins and riders had to be at the gate and ready to start in that time, start marshal's were 'empowered' to be more strict with riders ignoring them when called in to start and riders anticipating that start did not lead to a re-start with re-fuelling, etc.. then curfews would become academic as a meeting would be run in the vast majority of cases well within the two hours...

Also hi Bob haven't seen you for years!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

They were trying to prevent the match getting to heat 10 as they were loosing and didn't want the match result to stand.

Of all the many problems with British speedway time wasting would be top of most fans list and it's easy to sort out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bruno said:

Of all the many problems with British speedway time wasting would be top of most fans list and it's easy to sort out

I hate it! There’s never a reason for a meeting to take longer than 2 hours, unless there’s a serious accident. But even then, the time it takes to sort that out must be the interval and only 2 heats later :rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, arnieg said:

They were trying to prevent the match getting to heat 10 as they were loosing and didn't want the match result to stand.

And the match continued after the curfew. 

So is there a curfew at Kent or is this something made up so Len can get home by 9pm for his cocoa and slippers;)

35 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

And the match continued after the curfew. 

So is there a curfew at Kent or is this something made up so Len can get home by 9pm for his cocoa and slippers;)

Of course there is a curfew at Kent . It is clearly laid out in the planning conditions.

• Like 1

But in practice, a curfew when it suits Len to get the result he wants

• Confused 1