British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Well Scott Nicholls was definitely at KingsLynn .... looked very quick.trying out a new Godden Engine.

Whilst Scott is a useful user to trial the engines i do wonder what benefit it has to him? Over recent years they have only proven successful on quite specific track conditions and lack power on larger circuits.

With Scotts years of experience and the variety of combinations available for GM engines im a little surprised he doesn't have his go to builds by now. 

A Godden could prove to be a big advantage but if its not i wonder how long promotions will tolerate the testing?

16 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst Scott is a useful user to trial the engines i do wonder what benefit it has to him? Over recent years they have only proven successful on quite specific track conditions and lack power on larger circuits.

With Scotts years of experience and the variety of combinations available for GM engines im a little surprised he doesn't have his go to builds by now. 

A Godden could prove to be a big advantage but if its not i wonder how long promotions will tolerate the testing?

Glad to have the benefit of your expert knowledge. I'm sure Godden Engine Builders will appreciate your advice.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Maybe Goddens have found the perfect Central Park Engine.

Quick to warm up, great on concrete for the first 3 rides, drives off an adverse camber and  then great on over-watered blue tarmac and cuts out automatically after 2 hours 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Glad to have the benefit of your expert knowledge. I'm sure Godden Engine Builders will appreciate your advice.

Im sure Gary knows fully well the benefits snd disadvantages of the currency engine.  Obviously the testing is designed to iron these out. Im all for variety but its still an ambitious move to go up against the GM juggernaut and ultimately all other tuners.

Quicker announcement than expected but Royals have made a change for the better by replacing Bursill with Jamie Couzins. Very surprised and unlucky that Jamie didn't feature in the initial line up given he looks good value on his average in this years league standard. Late changes to this Kent side look likely to force a change in my league predictions. One more change to go and i see this as a side with chances of sneaking silverware 

On 5/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Quicker announcement than expected but Royals have made a change for the better by replacing Bursill with Jamie Couzins. Very surprised and unlucky that Jamie didn't feature in the initial line up given he looks good value on his average in this years league standard. Late changes to this Kent side look likely to force a change in my league predictions. One more change to go and i see this as a side with chances of sneaking silverware 

There were only 6riders in the team photo. Is Rob Ledwith still in the side? Was it that he could not make the practice?

On 5/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Still gutted there was no place for Alex Spooner.. damn those averages!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AndyO said:

Still gutted there was no place for Alex Spooner.. damn those averages!

Yes, I agree. Alex is an entertaining rider. I don't know if he has a team place at another track.  Can anyone tell me ?

13 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Yes, I agree. Alex is an entertaining rider. I don't know if he has a team place at another track.  Can anyone tell me ?

Surprisingly nothing lined up for Alex yet, i suspect he will pick up a spot before the season is out though as there are one or two riders who already look shakey with commitment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Surprisingly nothing lined up for Alex yet, i suspect he will pick up a spot before the season is out though as there are one or two riders who already look shakey with commitment.

Hope so.. I think it's a real tragedy if a young rider like Alex gets left out due to the rules...

On 5/14/2021 at 10:15 AM, AndyO said:

Hope so.. I think it's a real tragedy if a young rider like Alex gets left out due to the rules...

Any rules that cause this situation cannot be good for the sport. Clearly caused by a too low points average allowed.

Personally, I have never understood why we need rules like this.

I watched young Mulford on my computer at Glasgow on Friday. He was taking Daniel Gilkes place in the Kings team. I was highly impressed

with him.  Bear in mind he has very limited experience at National League level, none at Championship level and he faced a tough team on what 

was A very wet and heavy track he'd never seen before.  I'm looking forward to following him progress at Central Park.  He is one to take note of.

• Like 4