British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

52 minutes ago, Shrub said:

You clearly don't read stuff, do you. It was not DC2 who wrote this but me Shrub!! I don't claim to be an expert. I just say listen to the experts who say it is wrong. And it is not FACT. All we're doing is going round in circles getting nowhere.

It’s unbelievable that the government has neither presented nor debated the alternative approach.

They’ve mentioned it only once; two weeks ago when Boris dismissed it as unfeasible because “we have too many multi-generational households”!

Pathetic.

They completely wasted the Summer months.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Excellent post.

Why has Imperial College not modelled the alternative “quarantine” option?

Because they've run out of plasticine?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, bluejam said:

So is Sunetra Gupta at Oxford University;)

Yep .Watch her.

26 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Excellent post.

Why has Imperial College not modelled the alternative “quarantine” option?

Because Ferguson is too busy meeting his slappers ?

20 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Pathetic.

They completely wasted the Summer months.

But that plays into their favour, the longer they can drag it out the better. There could be 2 outcomes, the longer it goes on and folk might surrender and give into their rules. Or they might break it and it all goes t!ts up. Don't think they haven't done their homework on how folk will behave, as am sure they have.

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

It appears she is a Charge Nurse in a hospital,  but she can be anything you want her to be.

My kind of girl

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well, most of europe has taken the same steps, and no doubt there are other countries around the world that are already in lockdown or planning to be, they all wrong as well???

They still don't really know how it's being transmitted so the restrictions are way too broad and general. We could all get it from the supermarket, meanwhile all 'non-essential' shops etc. have to shut. Ludicrous. 

Here comes Nigel again...:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That’s from SAGE and the government that told you that Covid does not discriminate.

Liars.

• Like 1

SAGE couldn’t even tell when peak deaths happened a week after they had: what chance have they got of predicting the future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

They still don't really know how it's being transmitted so the restrictions are way too broad and general. We could all get it from the supermarket, meanwhile all 'non-essential' shops etc. have to shut. Ludicrous. 

That's a really good point and one that's been troubling me too.

I don't know if it's been discussed in depth on here as I've only dipped in and out as it's just going round in circles. 

It does seem unfair on hospitality and small businesses. Every restaurant or pub I've visited has gone above and beyond as far as distancing, masks and cleanliness yet have to close. 

I have only been in one petrol station since this began that has had hand sanitizer and facilities to clean pumps before and after use. I know people were stealing the gloves so they aren't available. As soon as lockdown starts, the super markets are rammed because that's the only place to go. Just because goods are essential it doesn't make them safer to buy than non essential items if the same precautions are taken for both. 

Has there been any study on how it's being transmitted? Data from track & trace etc. 

10 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

That's a really good point and one that's been troubling me too.

I don't know if it's been discussed in depth on here as I've only dipped in and out as it's just going round in circles. 

It does seem unfair on hospitality and small businesses. Every restaurant or pub I've visited has gone above and beyond as far as distancing, masks and cleanliness yet have to close. 

I have only been in one petrol station since this began that has had hand sanitizer and facilities to clean pumps before and after use. I know people were stealing the gloves so they aren't available. As soon as lockdown starts, the super markets are rammed because that's the only place to go. Just because goods are essential it doesn't make them safer to buy than non essential items if the same precautions are taken for both. 

Has there been any study on how it's being transmitted? Data from track & trace etc. 

IF you have a few minutes ...

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html?fbclid=IwAR0R-bC4dnk8lBrmKqrFxMu3ipbEy6zdaQkN3hd1FKnZU58-GWSx36nUKrQ