British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

The main problem is that we’ve no idea how many people have had or currently have Covid.

With up to 90% asymptomatic they’re difficult to detect and record, but the asymptomatic cases pushes the mortality rate way down.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

But that plays into their favour, the longer they can drag it out the better. There could be 2 outcomes, the longer it goes on and folk might surrender and give into their rules. Or they might break it and it all goes t!ts up. Don't think they haven't done their homework on how folk will behave, as am sure they have.

Are you for real at the moment Neil. :unsure:

30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Are you for real at the moment Neil. :unsure:

Yeah :t:

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Have you not realized yet that our experts from Salop and Swindon are always right.

You really need some fresh material.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really scratching my head now trying to work out what exactly the media are gaining from all this scaremongering. The last couple of weeks the majority were all jumping on the short sharp fire breaker lockdown bandwagon. So now Boris has buckled that's not good enough for them. Today's papers are now ramming home that lockdown could run into February. It's not helpful. It's sending people's stress levels through the roof. I hope the kick these editors get from driving people to the limit is worth it. 

• Like 6

What a load of self centred clap trap. So when you go to the doctors you tell him he's unhelpful and his scientific evidence for your diagnosis is just scaremongering. What a loser don't you care about the staff working in the NHS.

29 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You really need some fresh material.

There's one word for Swindon.....avoid !

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Blu you really need to be on the golf course,  they are shutting on Thursday for 4 weeks:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I did read all that including the links. I more meant is there data showing where people were contracting it in numbers rather than how? I understand the mechanics of how it's transmitted. Every hospitality venue I have entered has insisted on me scanning the track & trace QR code before being allowed to enter and I've yet to receive any notifications of possible exposure. Obviously that relies on people reporting a positive test result though and I'm not denying the potential for infection in pubs & restaurants.

Supermarkets like last time are now going to be the venue for social gatherings as it's the only place to go and again there will be massive queues. That might sound stupid but I know people who normally shopped once a week who were going to the supermarket nearly every day during the last lockdown just because they were bored or to meet friends & family. 

CPS drops case against Piers Corbyn alleged coronavirus act demonstration breach. 

• Thanks 1

We had a political chat show last night with an alternative view

I was listening to a Professor from the Charité in Berlin yesterday and he started well

We don't need to lockdown. What we do, he said is protect the vulnerable. Give them all proper face masks. The cost will be a lot less to society than a lockdown

All well and good, so far. I was with him

Then he said, we have to appeal to the rest of society to behave sensibly and we have to tell them why it is necessary, again and again......

That is where he lost me. And of course the Minister from Bavaria jumped straight in and said, we have tried that time and time again and it doesn't work. Yup I thought

Nice try, but wrong professor or wrong tactic

33 minutes ago, Badge said:

Blu you really need to be on the golf course,  they are shutting on Thursday for 4 weeks:blink:

Played yesterday and having a game on Weds, but have no idea if i will be working Thursday/Friday. No one has told the Angling Trust if fisheries must close or not. I can sit on a park bench with my mate and have a natter, but i can't play golf with him, or even alone on my tod. The insanity just goes on and on...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, iris123 said:

We had a political chat show last night with an alternative view

I was listening to a Professor from the Charité in Berlin yesterday and he started well

We don't need to lockdown. What we do, he said is protect the vulnerable. Give them all proper face masks. The cost will be a lot less to society than a lockdown

All well and good, so far. I was with him

Then he said, we have to appeal to the rest of society to behave sensibly and we have to tell them why it is necessary, again and again......

That is where he lost me. And of course the Minister from Bavaria jumped straight in and said, we have tried that time and time again and it doesn't work. Yup I thought

Nice try, but wrong professor or wrong tactic

New Years Eve cancelled in Germany apparently.........

1 minute ago, dj350z said:

New Years Eve cancelled in Germany apparently.........

Just caught the last few minutes of Merkels press conference, and she seemed absolutely sure that if things had carried on as they were we would be overwhelmed in 20-30 days.....have to try and catch up with what else was said in around 45 minutes chat

• Like 3