British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

22 hours ago, Tim G said:

I did, I stated schools should be shut and flights be stopped from coming in the country.

If we are doing this do it properly otherwise we will be in and out of lockdown which will hurt businesses more.  Shut everything apart from food shops.

If people think this current half arsed idea by the clowns is going to work in the long run they are seriously wrong.

But you're still advocating a lockdown so no you're not offering an alternative which nobody on here is able to do - even though they're moaning and groaning about it.

• Like 1

Just now, chris4gillian said:

But you're still advocating a lockdown so no you're not offering an alternative which nobody on here is able to do - even though they're moaning and groaning about it.

So offering proper quarantine to the vulnerable and open society to everyone else is not an alternative?

Of course it is. 

And thousands of experts, academics and the public support that view.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

So offering proper quarantine to the vulnerable and open society to everyone else is not an alternative?

Of course it is. 

You mean like New Zealand ?

20 hours ago, Shrub said:

You clearly don't read stuff, do you. It was not DC2 who wrote this but me Shrub!! I don't claim to be an expert. I just say listen to the experts who say it is wrong. And it is not FACT. All we're doing is going round in circles getting nowhere.

Apologies for misnaming DC2.

But YOU are wrong.  Lockdowns DO slow down the spread of the virus, there is no dispute from that which is a FACT no matter what you say otherwise.  What happened during March to August?  Oh yeah, a lockdown where new cases and deaths dramatically reduced.  FACT.  Show me the statistics which prove that is wrong?  You can't as they don't exist.  Therefore lockdowns as I described work for the purpose they are designed.  Whitty & Co wanted a lockdown in September, are they not 'expert' enough for you??  

Maybe it's not only me that doesn't read stuff properly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Its only your opinion that they are. When I look at this on the BBC it all seems well presented with 14 day trends etc

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51768274

Totally agree. It's probably the best representation of graphs I have seen since the virus started.  Mind you it puts Bluey out to grass with his usual rubbish, especially the comic cuts he unfortunately finds. More of the above, and I think we will all be more informed.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dj350z said:

But then no -one would be interested........

Plenty are interested, they are just never allowed a platform. The propaganda and sensationalism is driven by an agenda from the heavily funded clowns that refuse to debate alternative scientific opinions that continually destroy their failed models of doom. Science has been hijacked by political agenda's, you either toe the line or your funding is no longer forthcoming...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Apologies for misnaming DC2.

But YOU are wrong.  Lockdowns DO slow down the spread of the virus, there is no dispute from that which is a FACT no matter what you say otherwise.  What happened during March to August?  Oh yeah, a lockdown where new cases and deaths dramatically reduced.  FACT.  Show me the statistics which prove that is wrong?  You can't as they don't exist.  Therefore lockdowns as I described work for the purpose they are designed.  Whitty & Co wanted a lockdown in September, are they not 'expert' enough for you??  

Maybe it's not only me that doesn't read stuff properly.

Quite correct. The virus gets passed on people to people that's why it spreads. FACT. Now if you  minimise or stop direct contact between people, the science tells you the disease will not be able to spread. It's not rocket science but it is the science. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Of course it is. 

Proper protection for the vulnerable, absolutely.

But, open society to everyone else?  Great, the strong survive and those with weak immune systems and other health issues don't :t:  Cases and deaths will just keep on rising just as they are today.  Try again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So offering proper quarantine to the vulnerable and open society to everyone else is not an alternative

Of course it's an alternative and one that I've offered in reply to the same poster but he must mean only one that matches his opinion is acceptable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Quite correct. The virus gets passed on people to people that's why it spreads. FACT. Now if you  minimise or stop direct contact between people, the science tells you the disease will not be able to spread. It's not rocket science but it is the science. 

Which = lockdown :t:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Proper protection for the vulnerable, absolutely.

But, open society to everyone else?  Great, the strong survive and those with weak immune systems and other health issues don't :t:  Cases and deaths will just keep on rising just as they are today.  Try again.

Look at the figures, the numbers who get seriously ill without existing conditions or of an age that marks them as vulnerable are miniscule.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Crumpet said:

Unbelievable that someone can be that stupid. The left really have become the dumbest of the dumb.

It's even more unbelievable that some cannot respond to direct questions posed to them - even if it is via one of their multiple aliases!

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Which = lockdown :t:

Which has to end at some point, what then?

• Like 4

Just now, chris4gillian said:

It's even more unbelievable that some cannot respond to direct questions posed to them - even if it is via one of their multiple aliases!

I don't respond to retards, they mostly go on ignore. Welcome to the list.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Plenty are interested, they are just never allowed a platform. The propaganda and sensationalism is driven by an agenda from the heavily funded clowns that refuse to debate alternative scientific opinions that continually destroy their failed models of doom. Science has been hijacked by political agenda's, you either toe the line or your funding is no longer forthcoming...

Not sure of that. I saw a clip of Sunetra Gupta getting owned by someone on a video clip that looked like it was national news......