British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 minute ago, Vince said:

Look at the figures, the numbers who get seriously ill without existing conditions or of an age that marks them as vulnerable are miniscule.

Yes, but it will still be a big number, whereas the % may look small, so might have a different response. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vince said:

Look at the figures, the numbers who get seriously ill without existing conditions or of an age that marks them as vulnerable are miniscule.

Plenty of healthy folk have died also.  The numbers maybe small, but EVERY death from this virus is a tragedy.  These folk would all go on to live very long and healthy lives if it wasn't for Covid.

Edited by chris4gillian

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Plenty of healthy folk have does also.  The numbers maybe small, but EVERY death from this virus is a tragedy.  These folk would all go on to live very long and healthy lives if it wasn't for Covid.

Tell us how many fit and healthy people have died FROM covid without any underlying health issues please. I presume you know the answer...

1 minute ago, Crumpet said:

I don't respond to retards, they mostly go on ignore. Welcome to the list.

I asked you a direct question which you've failed to even acknowledge because you are unable to answer it.  And I've called you out on your multiple name changes.  I think you should check the mirror regarding your offensive insult.

What an absolute :icon_smile_clown:

9 minutes ago, Vince said:

Which has to end at some point, what then?

It can only really end when/if a vaccine is ever produced.  

Fingers crossed for a couple of years (hopefully a lot less!) of hardship for us which will turn into a lifetime of joy for our children.

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Tell us how many fit and healthy people have died FROM covid without any underlying health issues please. I presume you know the answer...

Plenty have been reported by many sources.

Is God a conspiracy theorist now...:D

19 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Proper protection for the vulnerable, absolutely.

But, open society to everyone else?  Great, the strong survive and those with weak immune systems and other health issues don't :t:  Cases and deaths will just keep on rising just as they are today.  Try again.

You’re a little muddled.

The vulnerable group includes those with “weak immune systems and other [susceptible] health issues”.

So, there you are, no need to “try again”.

2 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Fingers crossed for a couple of years (hopefully a lot less!) of hardship for us which will turn into a lifetime of joy for our children.

If thats the case and that may still be at least 12 months away, what do we suggest we do,

stay in lockdown for the full period?

or find a way to live with it?

and do you really think a vaccine will end it?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

It's amazing then, that the human race survived for at least a couple of million years before vaccines were invented.

7 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Their lifetime of joy will be repaying the massive debts run up by the current government. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Plenty have been reported by many sources.

So you don't know. The average age of ''covid'' deaths is over 82, the vast majority had existing serious health problems, they were unlikely to have a full life in front of them as you claim...

37 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

But you're still advocating a lockdown so no you're not offering an alternative which nobody on here is able to do - even though they're moaning and groaning about it.

No, I personally feel a lockdown does more damage in the long run.

What I stated was when we go into lockdown we do it properly and shut everything. This lockdown that is being brought in is another half gesture and will not solve any of the problems.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Its only your opinion that they are. When I look at this on the BBC it all seems well presented with 14 day trends etc

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51768274

My problem with that article is that they talk about deaths “from” Covid, suggesting, without any proof, that it has been the primary cause, they say flu deaths have been particularly low without asking weather any “Covid” deaths have therefore been mistakenly diagnosed and they don’t say how they are measuring excess deaths, which presumably is against the five year average rather than against the worst year in say the last twenty.

It’s all Covid rich and objective light.

• Sad 1

IT would be of great help to all sides of this argument if the government, Sage or whoever would actually differentiate between those who die because of Covid-19 rather than just with it. There is a distinction.

• Like 5