British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

19 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Plenty of healthy folk have does also.  The numbers maybe small, but EVERY death from this virus is a tragedy.  These folk would all go on to live very long and healthy lives if it wasn't for Covid.

Of course every single death because of covid is a tragedy. That will include all those undiagnosed and/ or untreated patients from cancer, heart disease and so on that already vastly outnumber those otherwise healthy people who have died of covid. 

Also a tragedy will be those who are left penniless and homeless after years of hard work because of lockdown. Then there will be many others becoming mentally ill and even committing suicide as a direct result of the misery caused by lockdowns.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You’re a little muddled.

The vulnerable group includes those with “weak immune systems and other [susceptible] health issues”.

So, there you are, no need to “try again”.

No I'm not. Your personal definition of 'vulnerable' wasn't clear.

So try again.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

My problem with that article is that they talk about deaths “from” Covid, suggesting, without any proof, that it has been the primary cause, they say flu deaths have been particularly low without asking weather any “Covid” deaths have therefore been mistakenly diagnosed and they don’t say how they are measuring excess deaths, which presumably is against the five year average rather than against the worst year in say the last twenty.

It’s all Covid rich and objective light.

But it's not sensationalist. Get over it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

If thats the case and that may still be at least 12 months away, what do we suggest we do,

stay in lockdown for the full period?

or find a way to live with it?

and do you really think a vaccine will end it?

If it's 12 months it's 12 months.  Nobody can be sure and I have no answers, does anyone?

A vaccine will make a big difference and will reduce fatalities which in turn makes it a more liveable virus, much like the flu for example.

Marauding hoards of shelf strippers locally once again

Just now, chris4gillian said:

No I'm not. Your personal definition of 'vulnerable' wasn't clear.

So try again.

No need to try again.

The government defines “vulnerable” (and “extremely vulnerable”) on its website.

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

If it's 12 months it's 12 months.  Nobody can be sure and I have no answers, does anyone?

A vaccine will make a big difference and will reduce fatalities which in turn makes it a more liveable virus, much like the flu for example.

But you havent answered my question about what you going to do for the next 12 months

As long as we have those that insist on having pre lockdown raves  they will never work 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

No need to try again.

The government defines “vulnerable” (and “extremely vulnerable”) on its website.

Which you didn't stipulate.  Try again.

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But it's not sensationalist. Get over it.

I didn’t say it was.

I said that emphasising the significance of 450 deaths but ignoring 150 is sensationalist.

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT would be of great help to all sides of this argument if the government, Sage or whoever would actually differentiate between those who die because of Covid-19 rather than just with it. There is a distinction.

Tsunami said that Boris came out of hiding on Saturday night to tell us that, but i missed that part and he wont tell me the answer

It is a very important point that would be useful to know

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

But you havent answered my question about what you going to do for the next 12 months

Follow the government law.  That's all everyone can do.  We don't have to agree with it, but we all have to follow it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

I didn’t say it was.

I said that emphasising the significance of 450 deaths but ignoring 150 is sensationalist.

Look I haven't got all day to go round in circles with you. At least BWitcher isn't here to make it a pair......if you have something to contribute, please do, it will make a change

• Like 4

Just now, chris4gillian said:

Which you didn't stipulate.  Try again.

Now you’re sounding daft.

You queried my alternative response because you didn’t understand the definition of “vulnerable”.

I have now clarified it for you.

So it is not for me to “try again” but for you to reply to my suggestion.

Just now, iris123 said:

Look I haven't got all day to go round in circles with you. At least BWitcher isn't here to make it a pair......if you have something to contribute, please do, it will make a change

Ah, rudeness, the last defence of a lost debate.

My contribution, as always, is the alternative response to Covid.