British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

Unless your name is Dominic Cummings 

If he had the balls to resign when he broke the rules or the PM had fired  him because DC broke  the  rules. Then the general public would believe what the government say a hell of a lot more.

I'll predict now that the Murdoch owned Media will take great pride in reporting every transgression in this lock down but never mention its due to DC being a coward and BJ and the cabinet being members of the coward club too

That could've been the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of folk, good leaders lead by example. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

Sorry pal I appreciate your circumstances from posts you have put on before but if you want to call me a loser fine. I probably am going to be a loser due to the income I will be losing from not being able to do my job (I'm self employed) but hey I must be selfish. But please mate stop using the old chestnut of not caring for the NHS when someone on here dares not share the same opinion as you. The NHS is being made out to be a sacred cow. They do a good job but they are not exempt from criticism. The trouble now is that it almost becoming high treason to dare say anything against them. 

It's not a sacred cow but what happens is that other services and treatments suffer which has a domino effect. The big problem is the economy is so weak and the welfare state has been unpicked unless you have dependents. Covid is a perfect storm. There is no good answer to the situation the best option is to keep the virus under control while propping up the economy and jobs. Doing nothing risks losing a lot of lives and not just from Covid. A rotten situation made worse by the 'I'm all right brigade'. You never know when bad health can hit you 12 months ago I was climbing Glyder Fawr, Mountain Biking, working 24/7 and rebuilding my house.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Unless your name is Dominic Cummings 

If he had the balls to resign when he broke the rules or the PM had fired  him because DC broke  the  rules. Then the general public would believe what the government say a hell of a lot more.

I'll predict now that the Murdoch owned Media will take great pride in reporting every transgression in this lock down but never mention its due to DC being a coward and BJ and the cabinet being members of the coward club too

WHAT about the SNP member?

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Presumably you're talking about the possible spreader in the commons and on the train, that wasn't during so called lockdown though, but just as stupid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrs said:

Presumably you're talking about the possible spreader in the commons and on the train, that wasn't during so called lockdown though, but just as stupid.

There was a women in the SNP before the one you are talking about. I think she was the National Heath person at the briefings early on.

5 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Apologies for misnaming DC2.

But YOU are wrong.  Lockdowns DO slow down the spread of the virus, there is no dispute from that which is a FACT no matter what you say otherwise.  What happened during March to August?  Oh yeah, a lockdown where new cases and deaths dramatically reduced.  FACT.  Show me the statistics which prove that is wrong?  You can't as they don't exist.  Therefore lockdowns as I described work for the purpose they are designed.  Whitty & Co wanted a lockdown in September, are they not 'expert' enough for you??  

Maybe it's not only me that doesn't read stuff properly.

Apology accepted!

FACT The peak in cases in Spring has been calculated to be March 18th (Bristol University study and Tim Harford on BBC's 'More or Less' programme 'Coronavirus, the Numbers') - 5 days before lockdown was announced. FACT The peak in deaths was around two weeks after the lockdown started (ONS), too soon for any of the benefits of a lockdown to have filtered through. So cases were already on the way down before lockdown started.

And the FACT that we're going to do one yet again so soon shows that the last one didn't work!

Whitty and Co are not the only experts. The huge body of of equally qualified scientists, as I mentioned in my post, suggest another way but are not allowed to be heard. I'll ask you the same question as I asked Tsunami, do you agree with me that such eminent leaders in their fields should at least be allowed to state their case so it can be properly debated? Or should SAGE just go on unchallenged, using models they won't publish nor releasing the assumptions made behind them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Didn't they resign ?

I think there were a couple of members of the Scottish Parliament who had broken the rules. Possibly  a Welsh one too. 

This year has been such a whirlwind its hard to remember. 

But IMO DC resigns or gets fired  the public would obey the rules far more.

My results are based on my own survey which is based on working in peoles houses 

Those people who are from all aspects of society and ethnicities who expressed an interest. Said he shouldve walked or been fired

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

There was a women in the SNP before the one you are talking about. I think she was the National Heath person at the briefings early on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52177171

You are referring to the Scottish Chief Medical Officer.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Didn't they resign ?

I think there were a couple of members of the Scottish Parliament who had broken the rules. Possibly  a Welsh one too. 

My results are based on my own survey which is based on working in peoles houses 

Those people who are from all aspects of society and ethnicities who expressed an interest. Said he shouldve walked or been fired

Despite the allegations on more than one trip, and several visits whilst in Barnard Castle, all dismissed as untrue, the Police investigation said that with the long trip there was no case to answer. The Police are certainly not behind the government at this time, due to the previous cuts, so I would accept what they said in this case.  

Edited by Tsunami

8 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Didn't they resign ?

MARGARET Ferrier who broke covid rules still hasn't resigned. Have no brief for Cummins but doubt whether one man can be held responsible for everyone who has broken the rules.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Margaret Ferrier who is still an MP?

58 minutes ago, chunky said:

Earlier in the year, it wasn't - or so I was informed. A forum member said his mother was told to stay in the house, but she was allowed to have a window open!

I think that was probably mention in jest, given that everyone, except the sheltered people, wre allowed to leave their premises for a single trip exercise session. I don't thing you were entitled to invite others into your garden, but probably the aim was to get people out to get the sun on the face to absorb some vitamin D.

Edited by Tsunami

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think that was probably mention in jest, given that everyone was allowed to leave their premises for a single trip exercise session. I don't thing you were entitled to invite others into your garden, but probably the aim was to get people out to get the sun on the face to absorb some vitamin D.

Ah, but I read a report yesterday that stated a large majority of a group of people (with COVID-19) were low on vitamin D. The report continued, and stated that other research has shown that vitamin D doesn't have any effect on COVID-19!

Yep, who - and what - are we supposed to believe?

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

Ah, but I read a report yesterday that stated a large majority of a group of people (with COVID-19) were low on vitamin D. The report continued, and stated that other research has shown that vitamin D doesn't have any effect on COVID-19!

Yep, who - and what - are we supposed to believe?

Yes, but surely it is sill good practice, with or without COVID, to take more sun to absorb some Vitamin D. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, but surely it is sill good practice, with or without COVID, to take more sun to absorb some Vitamin D. 

If you want sun, why the hell would anyone stay in the UK??? :party:

• Haha 2