British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

13 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Why when I'm doing my essential food shop at Morrisons I find that they are able to continue selling clothing and/or toys and/or greetings cards when independant stores have had to shut? Another example of supermarkets stealing the market or a badly thought out policy by the Government?

Badly thought out policy if you go by this government’s history.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Much easy to control in a larger environment.

Using that theory, would it not be easier to control large sporting events or music festivals?,,, Rather than trying to control a few 'hoo-ra Henrys' crammed into a land rover going to a shoot? ;)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I was reading this afternoon about a mouth wash that stopped you getting COVID. 

Bit of a blow for the Swedish PM. He announced today they have just signed a deal with Moderna for 5 million of their vaccine, when he could have done a cheaper deal with Listerine !!! Pfizer coincidentally used to own Listerine, but I guess Bill Gates does now :D 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Using that theory, would it not be easier to control large sporting events or music festivals?,,, Rather than trying to control a few 'hoo-ra Henrys' crammed into a land rover going to a shoot? ;)

Yes,  but people pursuing such outdoor activities are in a very safe environment health wise, unlike the big pressing crowds at big events such as a sport in a stadium or a music venue.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Why when I'm doing my essential food shop at Morrisons I find that they are able to continue selling clothing and/or toys and/or greetings cards when independant stores have had to shut? Another example of supermarkets stealing the market or a badly thought out policy by the Government?

I increasingly think much of this nonsense is influenced by big business interests. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I increasingly think much of this nonsense is influenced by big business interests. 

That and climate change.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dave69 said:

That and climate change.

I've heard something called the Great Reset is coming. Bit of a secret though. Not many know about it. I have just seen that Joe Biden has said when he signs trade deals that environmentalists will be sitting at the table........pity it isn't mentalists, as a couple on here would be great candidates :D

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

But what was the alternative in the situation called lockdown. Small businesses and people crowded into them, is a recipe for disaster. Much easy to control in a larger environment.

So using your theory how come a small off licence are allowed to stay open but the shop selling clothes next door is the same size unit has to close?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes,  but people pursuing such outdoor activities are in a very safe environment health wise, unlike the big pressing crowds at big events such as a sport in a stadium or a music venue.  

Which, could well be outside?,,, but nevermind, most supermarkets are indoors, so outdoor markets should really get the heads up, just need a few covid wardens to keep crowds apart.

5 minutes ago, Tim G said:

So using your theory how come a small off licence are allowed to stay open but the shop selling clothes next door is the same size unit has to close?

Must admit Tim I don't see that one either.

3 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Maybe cos folk in an off-license just ask for the product or, pick what they want and pay for it and go. Whereas in a clothes shop, folk might touch stuff, keep looking around, put stuff back, touch more stuff and, then possibly just leave empty handed. You wouldn't normally go into an off-license just to browse, unless your casing the joint out. ;)

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Conspiracy theorist 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Must admit Tim I don't see that one either.

Chuffing hell,I'm going for a laydown...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dietbowers said:

Chuffing hell,I'm going for a laydown...

Nah, stick to the upright. B)

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  330   36599

Scotland  37  (3323)

Wales  34  (2243)

NI  9 (878)

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 410 other  188      total 598

• Sad 1