Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Crumpet80 said:

Whitty just conformed covid is a seasonal virus. I hope that puts that one to bed for some people.

A question in general here. Does this mean what Whitty  say’s is now to be believed ? Just I thought the opinion was he talked rubbish :blink:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, iris123 said:

A question in general here. Does this mean what Whitty  say’s is now to be believed ? Just I thought the opinion was he talked rubbish :blink:

The key, Iris, is learning to tell the difference.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just wonder sometimes. People say time after time that for example The Lancet is rubbish. Then when it publishes something that agrees with their opinion, quote it. Looks like Whitty has just joined the Lancet :party:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pieman72 said:

The Scientists are right and with their research the economy has survived many lives have been saved and a lot has been learned for the future. Sorry but if they acted responsibly they wouldn't get arrested. You have to be a psycho to campaign against a lock down that saves lives Re: Farage. I don't feel important I just listen to medical evidence and adhere to reasonable requests from the government. Scientist predicted flooding, extreme climate conditions and melting on the Arctic's 40 years ago and they were slagged off. Evidence !!!

How do you know many lives have been saved? Many people due to the lockdowns have been made unemployed which will cause  homeless and poverty causing them to die early so the real damage will not show for years.

As we don’t know the actual figure that COVID-19 has killed due the way the deaths are measured you cannot say many lives have been saved. Just because someone has tested positive in the last 28 days does not mean they have died because of it.

All we can be sure of the government have been poor in the response to the virus.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I just wonder sometimes. People say time after time that for example The Lancet is rubbish. Then when it publishes something that agrees with their opinion, quote it. Looks like Whitty has just joined the Lancet :party:

What he confirmed is commonly known as 'the bleedin obvious' ... 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Blupanther said:

What he confirmed is commonly known as 'the bleedin obvious' ... 

I wasn’t asking about what he confirmed if you can read. You probably can’t as you don’t seem to be able to answer my questions on the Trump thread :rofl:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Crumpet80 said:

Whitty just conformed covid is a seasonal virus. I hope that puts that one to bed for some people.

Nah, Covid’s not seasonal, football’s not seasonal and nor’s Christmas.

If water were stupidity some people would be a tsunami.  :D

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I wasn’t asking about what he confirmed if you can read. You probably can’t as you don’t seem to be able to answer my questions on the Trump thread :rofl:

If i thought you weren't sparring for a never ending argument all the time, i would comrade...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Those that have lived under fascism know what's happening...

Edited by Blupanther
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately these protests seem to attract and are even organized by the ‘nutter’ brigade an element that is represented here at times

The woman who compares herself to victim of the Nazi’s Sophie Scholl

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2020/nov/23/german-anti-mask-protester-compares-herself-to-sophie-scholl-during-speech-video

Or last week there was a young 11 year old on stage saying how she felt like victim of the Nazis. Anne Frank, because she had to celebrate her birthday in secret. Of course not set up by her parents....

Never going to gain much support with that sort of publicity

Oh dear and I see even Blu has gone down that route !!! Not too surprised

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Too soon for that due to the two week lag.

Nonsense. Just been reported that during lockdown the R rate has dropped in 249 regions out of 315. Eat your heart out.

And who was it last night said there was no proof that Lockdown worked and reduced the R rate. You are a sham poster.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Nonsense. Just been reported that during lockdown the R rate has dropped in 249 regions out of 315. Eat your heart out.

And who was it last night said there was no proof that Lockdown worked and reduced the R rate. You are a sham poster.

We’re talking about deaths, old fellow. Keep up.  :D

The “R rate” is a guesstimate done by Ferguson and his ilk.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

We’re talking about deaths, old fellow. Keep up.  :D

The “R rate” is a guesstimate done by Ferguson and his ilk.

I’m talking about what was discussed last night, and that was the benefits arising from lockdown which you wouldn’t believe. Within 24 hours you are proved wrong and then try to bring in the 2 week lag which is only applicable to deaths and cases. Now suddenly, rather that believe a calculated figure which you have quoted before, now when it doesn’tt suit your face it is now only a guesstimate. Ha ha . 
As the song goes “you’re unbelievable”.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Nonsense. Just been reported that during lockdown the R rate has dropped in 249 regions out of 315. Eat your heart out.

And who was it last night said there was no proof that Lockdown worked and reduced the R rate. You are a sham poster.

But the R rate and indeed infections were already falling before the lockdown - the ONS infection survey (20th Nov) confirms this. ICL's REACT study plus KCL's Zoe app also agree with this. So no surprise that the R rate continues to fall, nothing to do with lockdown, it was happening anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Shrub said:

But the R rate and indeed infections were already falling before the lockdown - the ONS infection survey (20th Nov) confirms this. ICL's REACT study plus KCL's Zoe app also agree with this. So no surprise that the R rate continues to fall, nothing to do with lockdown, it was happening anyway.

You can't be sure about that. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy