British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You can't be sure about that. 

I'm not saying I'm sure but the ONS, ICL and KCL seem to be pretty sure. We can also be 100% sure that 1,000's more jobs and businesses have gone because of this lockdown. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Shrub said:

I'm not saying I'm sure but the ONS, ICL and KCL seem to be pretty sure. We can also be 100% sure that 1,000's more jobs and businesses have gone because of this lockdown. 

A tactic you must have learned from DC2. When you are not right, introduce something else as a distraction.

Edited by Tsunami

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

A tactic you must have learned from DC2. When you are not right, introduce something else as a distraction.

What the f**k are you on about? So you are saying the ONS, the official statisticians are wrong? And I included them, Imperial College and King's College in  my original post on this, not suddenly added on as a 'distraction'. R rates and infections were already falling when lockdown began and have continued to fall since. It's not a difficult concept. Lockdown did not instigate the fall in r. What is conjecture is would the rate have fallen as quickly without lockdown, the answer to that will never be known.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You really are daft.  It’s clear what he’s saying and you can go and check it on the ONS website.

Come back with some figures and make a counter-argument rather than just bad-mouthing.

Alas, you never do.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Shrub said:

What the f**k are you on about? So you are saying the ONS, the official statisticians are wrong? And I included them, Imperial College and King's College in  my original post on this, not suddenly added on as a 'distraction'. R rates and infections were already falling when lockdown began and have continued to fall since. It's not a difficult concept. Lockdown did not instigate the fall in r. What is conjecture is would the rate have fallen as quickly without lockdown, the answer to that will never be known.

Totally wrong again. Just because all the usual info sources quoted a slight fall in the R rate before lockdown, you can't prove or insinuate that the drop in the R rate from the lockdown period was not due to the lockdown. Not getting it are you. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Totally wrong again. Just because all the usual info sources quoted a slight fall in the R rate before lockdown, you can't prove or insinuate that the drop in the R rate from the lockdown period was not due to the lockdown. Not getting it are you. 

Next you’ll be telling us that Covid isn’t seasonal!  :D

• Haha 3

Just now, DC2 said:

Next you’ll be telling us that Covid isn’t seasonal!  :D

Well we won't know till next year will we.:P

My last post goes for you as well. Neither of you can categorically say that Lockdown didn't bring down the R rate.  

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

He's totally correct, the ONS stats back up everything Shrub has said. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Well we won't know till next year will we.:P

My last post goes for you as well. Neither of you can categorically say that Lockdown didn't bring down the R rate.  

Everyone knows already except you.

Did you not see what happened to all the Covid figures in the Summer?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

God it's like trying to explain to a 5 year old. By your argument you can't prove or insinuate the lockdown caused the fall either. Read my last post slowly again. The fall in r had begun before lockdown. Lockdown didn't instigate the fall. What cannot be proved either way is would the fall have been as quick without lockdown.

Anyway, it’s interesting to see that mainstream science is now acknowledging that infection is likely to give you immunity for “six months, probably a year” (Professor Sir John Bell), so the argument against herd immunity has been dealt another blow.

Quarantining the vulnerable and letting the disease run towards herd immunity was a realistic alternative to lockdowns, and far less destructive to our economies.

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Neither of you can categorically say that Lockdown didn't bring down the R rate.  

It’s certainly pushed up the U rate and the T rate. Unemployment and Tax.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Professor Maggie Rae saying on Newsnight that data shows that the infection rate in Liverpool was going down before lockdown, whereupon Emily Maitlis butted in to say “they’ve certainly been working side by side”.

Hmmmm ... mainstream media again trying to get an expert on message!

Your new normal chemical laden Steak looks yummy...:o

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Your new normal chemical laden Steak looks yummy...:o

You really are a Project Fear all on your own. Anyway if you don’t care about chlorinated chicken then ......

• Haha 1