British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

On 7/11/2020 at 8:12 AM, DC2 said:

Fair point, except that it’s better preparation for the second wave in October than Boris’s promise of more lockdowns (which will save hundreds of thousands of lives apart from another 60,000).

Here’s me in July, anticipating a “second wave in October”.

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

No it isn't. You said they didn't try to lower the r rate. Tegnell say's they wanted it as low as possible and didn't want it to rise. It is not even worth debating with someone who doesn't even know what they said a few minutes ago

Indeed restricting “residentsmovement patterns” and reducing the R number “ were two things it tried not to do!

If your head weren’t so far up your own backside you would also have read:

“while at times it might be desirable to lower it that is not a primary aim.“

On 7/14/2020 at 9:11 AM, DC2 said:

As you know, I think you’re wrong on almost all of those points.

Newsnight reported in April on a virus specific face mask study which concluded that they gave others protection and consequently reduced the risk of infection and that has been clearly the case in face mask wearing countries throughout the pandemic.

Our government ignored this to protect its weak supplies of masks to the NHS, once again putting the NHS first before deaths in the public.

Having no symptoms does not in any way make you no risk to others with a disease that might be up to 90% asymptomatic and only last week WHO raised concerns that the virus may linger in the air rather than be confined to water droplets. In any event normal breathing contains microscopic water droplets.

It is vital that we embrace masks and become used to wearing them indoors in public places and that we overcome our objections and scepticism because a second wave will come in the Autumn.

The government should also make them compulsory in indoor work places.

And here on 14 July.

How’s that, Lucifer Sam & Iris?  :D

• Haha 1

Covid-19 has now 'killed' 0.02% of the worlds population, with an average age of death of 79, most with multiple comorbidities...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

You told us earlier in the year that there wouldn't be a second wave.  How's that going?

No increase , yet, in hospital respiratory illnesses compared to last year. 
Maybe that next wave will be all the cancers and heart disease we forgot to accommodate?

Maybe the 1.4 million annually who die with TB?

Depends how and what is counted....

Edited by Fenway Bleachers
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

No increase , yet, in hospital respiratory illnesses compared to last year. 
Maybe that next wave will be all the cancers and heart disease we forgot to accommodate?

But you also have to take into consideration the lowering of road accidents etc. although the ONS has delayed releasing the data I thought it was something like 70% lower ? What you give with one hand , you take with the other 

Of course the one thing that doesn’t seem to have been affected by Covid or a lickdown is the killings on the streets of London 

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Anyone that can link hospital respiratory illnesses with road accidents is truly a wonder of biological evolution. :rofl:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DC2 said:

If your head weren’t so far up your own backside 

Sorry to prove you wrong with your own post. I’ll try not to do it so often if it upsets you

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crumpet80 said:

Anyone that can link hospital respiratory illnesses with road accidents is truly a wonder of biological evolution. :rofl:

It is all about excess mortality.As if you can read Fenway related it to cancer etc :rofl:

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

It is all about excess mortality.As if you can read Fenway related it to cancer etc :rofl:

Indeed.

There have been zero deaths in under 20s from COVID in Scotland. 
I concede RTA deaths in that group is likely to be less due to lockdown ( kids not at school and less traffic etc ) than usual years, when around 20 or so are killed / maimed. 
Thus in Krankiefeurer’s  words, that all deaths are tragic, and I would concur in that age group....I wonder when all road journeys will be banned? 
Surely that makes sense in the name of safety ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   353   38622

Scotland  41   (3544)

Wales  21   (2406)

NI  11  (947)

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital  426  other  182      total  608

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital  426  other  182      total  608

Massive jump from yesterday

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

last Tuesday 598

It was a bit of a p take of DC2 ‘a comment from yesterday

I take it you are right. Although the Evening Standard are saying it is 119 more than last Tuesday