British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

The only thing noteworthy of this is that they didn’t take similar action when the BLM ne’er-do-wells were tearing down statues and throwing them in the river, or when the Extinction Rebellion mob were blocking the roads and the Police thought dancing with them was the answer.

Apart from that no sympathy from me for this stupid woman, who was actually 72, not 78, and if she was too frail she should have stayed at home 72 is not old these days.  She was apparently in a group protesting against the coronavirus regulations, and breaching by being in a group of 5 instead of two. When asked to  move three others did but she chose to stay where she was . She was asked 5 times to move by a police liaison officer but didn’t so they moved her.  She had made her point so grounds  to carry on with it , apart from attention seeking. She knew what would happen.

Its beyond my comprehension that the Extinction Rebellion mob were treated differently but as far as this idiot was. concerned : Good.

That woman is protesting for your right to speak about her, remember that , first they came 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

That woman is protesting for your right to speak about her, remember that , first they came 

No she’s not protesting for my right to speak about her she was protesting about the regulations which she doesn’t like. She could be an  anarchist or communist wanting to bring down the government and bring civil unrest for all I know. 
Did she go through the lawful channels first and make respresentations to her MP so he could raise it in Parliament or other lawful channels ? I doubt it.  
Did she ask me if she could protest about my right to speak? No.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

No she’s not protesting for my right to speak about her she was protesting about the regulations which she doesn’t like. She could be an  anarchist or communist wanting to bring down the government and bring civil unrest for all I know. 
Did she go through the lawful channels first and make respresentations to her MP so he could raise it in Parliament or other lawful channels ? I doubt it.  
Did she ask me if she could protest about my right to speak? No.

You might have said the same about the Suffragettes!

• Like 2

HQ of the mask cult in Tunbridge Wells ...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I'm sure that's correct but, then again, it may not be...I'm confused by the whole thing!

so am i  sod it and  balls to johnson . i will do what ever i  want; oh dear i am so selfish. 

There certainly seems to be several groups of contributors on here:

The sceptic

The conspiracy theorist

The I’ll do what I want

The I blame everyone not observing the letter of the law, primarily young people

The Don’t criticise anything the the government does

The Teutonic antagonist

Self-identify your group!

:D

Edited by DC2

Someone's look at masks

Tegnell: Then it can be good with a mask at work

At certain times, it may be appropriate to wear a mouth guard, state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell tells GP. 

When people are closer than 1-2 meters apart for more than 15 minutes, it may be appropriate, is the message

The use of mouth guards has been a topic of discussion in Sweden since the start of the pandemic. The public health authority's skepticism stands out compared to the rest of the world. 

Just over a week ago, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences went out and recommended the use of mouth guards indoors.  

On the same day, Karin Tegmark Wisell, head of department at the Swedish Public Health Agency, answered questions about oral protection. 

She said the use of mouth guards is "a controversial issue". 

- In Sweden, we strive to keep distance as the number one measure, she continues and says that it is not relevant to recommend mouth protection at the moment.

Opens for mouth protection

In GP, Anders Tegnell now opens up that it may be justified with mouth protection in certain situations. 

- It is both about how close you are and how long you are close to each other. And if the tasks really need to be solved in the way you do it. A definition of this that is pointed out when it comes to risky contacts is that if you are closer than 1-2 meters apart and for more than 15 minutes, it may be appropriate, he tells the newspaper. 

The bits where someone is talking I have put in italics as one......maybe a couple seem to have trouble with that :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

They are having everything they do taken away from them, football, drinking, visiting relatives, holidays, whatever it is has been taken away or at least been severely restricted, people’s mental health is being severely affected by all this crap and it will and is costing lives and this along with the financial devastation will have an effect for years to come 

I take it you have no evidence of this holocaust. Is it just a case as we see lately from internet bods, if they say something it must be true ?

• Haha 1

“Mouth guard”?  Clearly some subtleties are lost in your translation!  :D

Just now, DC2 said:

“Mouth guard”?  Clearly some subtleties are lost in your translation!  :D

Here we go again...... I translated the main headline. I can't be bothered to go through and change every bit for the hard of understanding. Basically, I know you have difficulties and try to aim the pieces at people with a modicum of sense. So you, Dean, Crumpet and Blu are excluded from my target audience :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Here we go again...... I translated the main headline. I can't be bothered to go through and change every bit for the hard of understanding. Basically, I know you have difficulties and try to aim the pieces at people with a modicum of sense. So you, Dean, Crumpet and Blu are excluded from my target audience :D 

I just prefer precision. B)

38 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You might have said the same about the Suffragettes!

Yes , I might have done , and then again I might not. I might have said the same about the Boston Tea Party, but then again I might not . I wasn’t around at the time so I can’t say. However those events and many like them were about gaining representation, gaining a voice. Both those events had a large element of public support, and in the case of the suffragettes, a good degree of support in Parliament.

This woman, has a voice. She has a representative in Parliament. I also have a voice in Parliament. I don’t need her to speak for me. If I or anyone else has a problem serious enough to make a protest taking a lawful route should be the first option. 

A lot of what the Suffragettes did is now deemed to have set their cause back rather than advanced it. I have no criticism of the Suffragettes but I am constantly amazed that so many “ protesters “ haven’t learned the lessons of history and still go about things in a way that most of the time doesn’t work anyway. The stupid woman in question has gained an element of notoriety for being carried into a police van but the Covid restrictions remain........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

I just prefer precision. B)

Just bog off.....with all the mistakes you have made over the past couple of weeks, you are kidding yourself, but nobody else

• Thanks 1

Lower death rate, lower economic effect, liberties intact ...

• Like 1