British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Tegnell n the Covid second wave

This until Tuesday's press conference, when Anders Tegnell said that Sweden may be in the "peak of the second wave".

"Better that we are clear"

After the press conference, Aftonbladet asked if Anders Tegnell had deliberately avoided the concept.

- I think the whole concept of "second wave" is a bit difficult, because it relates so much back to how we have seen the flu spread in previous pandemics. This disease does not really spread the way the flu did. So it's a bit on purpose I tried not to use it. But now there is so much talk about it, so that it is better we are clear with the whole thing, says Anders Tegnell.

- We can call this a second wave of covid-19, and that it behaves quite differently than what a second wave of influenza did

So that you now say "second wave" is because it is so widespread that others say it?

- Yes, and also that we actually have a very widespread spread of infection throughout society now, which has established itself gradually in recent weeks. Now we have an increased spread of infection in virtually all of Sweden's regions, says Anders Tegnell.

Where in the second wave are we, then?

- It's hard to know. We can only hope that we begin to approach some kind of peak. Several of Europe's countries have actually started to turn downwards a bit, after a few weeks of upswing. We may well assume that Sweden will follow a similar scenario. But we can probably expect to remain at these levels, maybe even increase a little more in a few weeks, and then we will hope that it can go down as it has done in many other countries, says the state epidemiologist.

WHO warns of third wave

Speaking of "waves" of the pandemic, the WHO has recently warned that Europe could be hit by a third wave in early 2021, if the countries do not build the necessary infrastructure.

- I think it is very important not to think this time either that it is over just because it is starting to go down. This disease has had an amazing ability to come back in different ways. So I think that is exactly right as the WHO says, but that the signal from them is not just to talk about a third wave, but above all that now we must not lose our grip here. That even if we go down to slightly more reasonable levels again, the pandemic is not over, says Anders Tegnell.

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Brilliant...:D

Interesting quote from George Orwell in the background there .” If liberty means anything at all it means that right to tell people what they do not want to hear”  Interesting it doesn’t say anything about the other persons right to reply that they think you are talking cobblers without you screaming that they are an idiot, gullible, racist, snowflake,  or some other term of abuse that suggests they also are able draw other conclusions.

Free Speech Union ? I think not.

• Like 3

Sweden also snapping up masks

The tightened restrictions have had a clear effect on sales of masks.

Several players are seeing a sharp increase and in many pharmacies they are now completely sold out - despite the effect of them continuing to be debated.

Sweden's largest online pharmacy, Apotea, has noted an extreme increase recently, according to CEO Pär Svärdson:

- Last week, sales landed at around 700,000 mouth guards. It's not really a tenfold increase, but not far from it, he tells TT.

This is based on what it looked like a couple of weeks ago, when there was an average of around 80,000-90,000 mouth guards sold.

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Just bog off.....with all the mistakes you have made over the past couple of weeks, you are kidding yourself, but nobody else

Hmmm ... all I’ve seen is you trolling me and quoting half of what I’ve said or agreeing with others whom I’ve proven wrong!

Keep up the good work!  :D

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Hmmm ... all I’ve seen is you trolling me and quoting half of what I’ve said or agreeing with others whom I’ve proven wrong!

Keep up the good work!  :D

Look I hardly bother with you. Almost every time I post you have to make a puerile comment, as you have today as well.....it is all there to see. So just give it up, as you are doing yourself no good and it doesn't make for interesting reading for anyone else, I am sure :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, E I Addio said:

Interesting quote from George Orwell in the background there .” If liberty means anything at all it means that right to tell people what they do not want to hear”  Interesting it doesn’t say anything about the other persons right to reply that they think you are talking cobblers without you screaming that they are an idiot, gullible, racist, snowflake,  or some other term of abuse that suggests they also are able draw other conclusions.

Free Speech Union ? I think not.

Well, you are certainly into one today matey...:)

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   353   38985( same as yesterday)

Scotland  44   (3588)

Wales  41   (2446)

NI  7  (954)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Look I hardly bother with you. Almost every time I post you have to make a puerile comment, as you have today as well.....it is all there to see. So just give it up, as you are doing yourself no good and it doesn't make for interesting reading for anyone else, I am sure :unsure:

I try to critique your daily copying and pasting of Expressen, the anti-government Swedish tabloid which you seem to think is an antidote to Blupanther’s pro-Sweden posts, while you just post rude replies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   353   38622( same as yesterday)

Scotland  44   (3588)

Wales  41   (2446)

NI  7  (954)

Good. Hopefully below 500 today then.

47 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I try to critique your daily copying and pasting of Expressen, the anti-government Swedish tabloid which you seem to think is an antidote to Blupanther’s pro-Sweden posts, while you just post rude replies.

Critique....going on about mouth guards, quotation marks or getting things wrong is no bloody critique it is childish. :unsure:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

But Poland and Denmark locked down and have had a similar loss of GDP so doesn't suggest that suggest it was other things that those countries did (or conversely the UK did not do) that has had this effect in the graph. Not really conclusive of anything.

https://www.eturbonews.com/567083/denmark-and-poland-go-on-coronavirus-lockdown/?doing_wp_cron=1606316925.6778330802917480468750

Edited by dj350z

46 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Critique....going on about mouth guards, quotation marks or getting things wrong is no bloody critique it is childish. :unsure:

Not at all.

When you’re looking at hostile press you need to take care to spot the difference between the editorial comment and the actual words of those alleged to be quoted, and bad translation further clouds the issues.

And then to say Sweden should be chided for not looking to drive down the R rate in the way that lockdown countries have is completely missing the point.

All of that was lost on you and you responded by being rude.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Not at all.

When you’re looking at hostile press you need to take care to spot the difference between the editorial comment and the actual words of those alleged to be quoted, and bad translation further clouds the issues.

And then to say Sweden should be chided for not looking to drive down the R rate in the way that lockdown countries have is completely missing the point.

All of that was lost on you and you responded by being rude.

That has already been explained. They tried to keep the r rate as low as possible, you stated they didn't. You even in a way suggested they would have liked it high, so as to get as many people infected as possible. That wasn't the strategy. But to an extent their hands were tied and also tried a different route to keep it down. I have already quoted Tegnell on that.... atm they have gone about as far as they possibly can without putting it before parliament to go even further. Tegnell admits mistakes were made would have done things differently if he knew then what he knows now. It is all lost on you and not even worth the time to bother

And if I am rude, well that is because you come out with lies and don't deserve any respect. Just like that Bluejam, who came out with the exact same lie twice .....

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1