British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

4 minutes ago, Crumpet80 said:

How many times have we heard that old chestnut. ''Any known underlying health conditions'' would be more accurate.

True

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   372   40975- today`s figures include a 19 year old who did not have any  underlying health conditions.

Scotland   38  (3797)

Wales  51   (2614)

NI  4  (1015)

19, not old then.

no underlying health conditions, not ill then.

Was he obese?

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The headline reads " healthy" could be female

Did you see the “healthy” 19 year old who died last week?

He was a wrestler, about 20 stone and had two parents of similar stature. The mother could hardly walk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-55071614

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

Seems the panic has set in here, with the news you are getting the vaccine first. Lots of people are afraid you will get in first and take all the sun loungers in Mallorca :D

Bild könnte enthalten: Text „Schon ab der kommenden Woche sollen die Briten gegen Corona geimpft werden. oH GOTT UND DANN HOLEN SIE SICH MALLORCA! heute SHOW“

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 2

174 reported deaths in the last 24 hours. 

117 yesterday, and soon Sweden has over 7,000 dead. 

- I am really worried about the rapid development of the death toll. It is a reaction to how we lived a month ago, says Johan Styrud, chief physician at Danderyd Hospital and chairman of the Stockholm Medical Association. 

The reported deaths due to corona have soared. On Wednesday, 174 new deaths were reported to the Public Health Agency.

This does not mean that all people have died in the last 24 hours, but it is clear that the cases have been reported in the last 24 hours. There may also be a lag in the numbers.

- These are terrible numbers, says chief physician Johan Styrud, and emphasizes that even if you do not look at the numbers day by day, it looks bad.

- The weekly trend is really also in the wrong direction. WE are now in phase two of this and it gives bad vibes before Christmas. Now we can not ease the restrictions.

"We have to persevere" 

Styrud says that he believes that the situation is a reflection of how we lived earlier in the autumn, before the stricter restrictions were imposed.

- You saw pictures of how people hung out with each other at the beginning of the autumn. It's a reaction to that. Now we have to persevere until this is over. 

It was in mid-November that the government began introducing new restrictions. On November 16, the limit of eight people was introduced for public gatherings and public events. The week before, alcohol bans were introduced in restaurants after 10 pm, and Löfven has, speech after speech, urged the Swedes to "cancel everything" and not hang out with the people they do not live with.

Scenario: The peak in mid-December

During yesterday's press conference, Anders Tegnell said that Sweden may have reached "a kind of plateau" and several experts agree that the number of infected does not increase as sharply anymore, even if it increases.

According to the Swedish Public Health Agency's own scenario, we would reach the peak of wave two in mid-December. 

Johan Styrud hopes that this is true, and that the development will then be the same as last time, when the curve turned.

- In the spring it went up. But then, once it turned around, it turned around quickly. We can only hope that it will be so. 

The doctor: "People must understand"

However, Styrud is very worried after taking part in the reporting on crowds that came last week, when it was Black Friday. 

- It was worrying. And now the infection is down even among younger people. So people need to understand that this is a serious disease. 

A total of 6972 people have now died of corona in Sweden. 

1 hour ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

It is important to remain sceptical here.

The vaccine is being introduced as the greatest thing since sliced bread, but we know so little. What is in it ? The viral mRNA seems assured but what else? More heavy metals? We seem to like those. 
For a vaccine with completely new entities to get approval in 10 months flies in the face of usual scrutiny. 
Medicine is littered with treatments , approved by the MHRA , that were later withdrawn, rofecoxib, rosiglitazone, norfloxacin, vaginal mesh, in recent years. Trials are often performed in young men, then given to older women ( a very fixed stereotype, I concede) and only then do we realise problems, and the wonder drug is withdrawn. 
The trial data I have seen and discussed with colleagues, shows reduction of symptoms, but no production of immunity, or reduced infectivity, yet. Now that may come with time, but it is not guaranteed. 
I accept the political need for this, but to brow beat many of the population, whose risk is greater crossing the road , is an affront to liberty and choice.

Those at higher risk or were shielding should be offered it if they want, but not compelled by our fascist government. 

I have seen the info about how they can knock this out quicker than other vaccines, because of new technology etc and massive funding. But only Monday some experts on tv were still unsure as there had been no report as of yet as to how long the vaccine would be effective, does it stop you passing on the virus and of course the long term side effects. The first two problems  can and I guess will be answered soon enough, but the last problem is the one that takes time......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

If offered, are you going to roll up your sleeve Badge ?

Was discussing this with OH just a while ago,  think I'd be happier waiting for the oxford one if I'm given the choice,  but I'd be more inclined after seeing MPs and NHS staff first I think. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   372   40975- today`s figures include a 19 year old who did not have any  underlying health conditions.

Scotland   38  (3797)

Wales  51   (2614)

NI  4  (1015)

Not great for 2nd day running - All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 465 other    183   total   648

• Sad 1

last 26  weeks DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK HOSPITAL  Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote)

W/E June 7th   134  

W/E June 14th   87 

W/E June 21st  64 

W/E June 28th  54 

W/E July 5th   39 

W/E July 12th  29 

W/E July 19th  18 

W/E July 26th  15 

W/E August 2nd  12 

W/E August 9th  11 

W/E August 16th  8 

W/E August 23rd   6 

W/E August 30th  8 

W/E September 6th 9 

W/E September 13th 9

W/E September 20th 15

W/E September 27th  26

W/E October 4th  43  other 9 total 52

W/E October 11th 58 other 10 total 68

W/E October 18th 82  other  35 total 117

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

This week (Mon-Wed)   362  other   123    total  485

26 minutes ago, Badge said:

Was discussing this with OH just a while ago,  think I'd be happier waiting for the oxford one if I'm given the choice,  but I'd be more inclined after seeing MPs and NHS staff first I think. 

No Christmas card for you this year. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not great for 2nd day running - All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 465 other    183   total   648

I guess the Lockdowners will now say it’s a four week lag from infection to death?

Got six dozen of these at fifty quid a pop. First come first served...:)

• Haha 3

I trust drinking out of a toilet in Bangkok more than i trust Pfizer ...

• Sad 1