British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

10 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

I think that is an urban myth...done to escalate the fear.

Me, I am presymptomatic asymptomatic.....that is Healthy! 

:t:

14 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

I think that is an urban myth...done to escalate the fear.

Really???

Why on earth would anyone want to do that? ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

It was all over in June ....

Jan/Feb next year will be the true indicator. if that blue tacked line stays at a similar level as most years, then how can people doubt it.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

Jan/Feb next year will be the true indicator. if that blue tacked line stays at a similar level as most years, then how can people doubt it.

They'll think of something. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

I'd agree, but obviously we have to take into account what Vincent said yesterday. With all those deaths from people who would have died within months anyway, so we are told, we should have seen the blue line dip dramatically after. It did dip a bit for a short period, but rising again. That is important. But also important is the fact that the peak wasn't anything totally out of the ordinary. Ok as I said some months back I can give those in charge the benefit of the doubt once.....it was something new, and it could have been much worse in theory. But what can't really be forgiven or let's say, what I can't understand is we (here at least) were told it was a one off lockdown that wouldn't, indeed couldn't be repeated. And now they have faffed around once things were back down and we find ourselves in the same position, some worse than before 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I'd agree, but obviously we have to take into account what Vincent said yesterday. With all those deaths from people who would have died within months anyway, so we are told, we should have seen the blue line dip dramatically after. It did dip a bit for a short period, but rising again. That is important. But also important is the fact that the peak wasn't anything totally out of the ordinary. Ok as I said some months back I can give those in charge the benefit of the doubt once.....it was something new, and it could have been much worse in theory. But what can't really be forgiven or let's say, what I can't understand is we (here at least) were told it was a one off lockdown that wouldn't, indeed couldn't be repeated. And now they have faffed around once things were back down and we find ourselves in the same position, some worse than before 

Hmmm .... rather a lot of toing and froing in that post but am I detecting a slight retrospective reflection on lockdowns and Covid rules?  :D

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hmmm .... rather a lot of toing and froing in that post but am I detecting a slight retrospective reflection on lockdowns and Covid rules?  :D

I don't know if there is anyone else who comes on here and makes a fool of himself quite as much as you. You get it wrong daily, even if things are spelt out very clear. I wonder if someone still has to hold your hand when you go out of the house to stop you getting lost ? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sure you are all wondering what is happening in Sweden !! :D Well Blu hasn't posted any graphs lately, so I thought i'd update on things. Bit of trouble for the government and Tegnell coming in for criticism on the handling of things for the elderly......and the government as is the case in most countries that get into trouble are being asked to resign if they don't respond

Ebba Busch, party leader of the Christian Democrats, concludes the press conference:

- These are many proposals and a solid reform agenda. These are proposals that have been well known to the Social Democrats, it is unfortunate that they did not want to obey them.

- Ultimately: as the Commission notes, a heavy responsibility rests with the government. There have been shortcomings for a long time, it is possible to blame several previous governments for, and the current government.

- With knowledge of the shortcomings that exist in health and care in Sweden, and the strategy they chose, a very large responsibility rests on the current government.

- This government has been passive, the elderly have been let down, we have a great responsibility to do everything we can in the future. We are ready to assist in that. But the government Stefan Löfven bears the responsibility.

- We have asked the question of whether you have the right people around you, ministers, experts, officials, to cope with the situation.

- The government must now act on the basis of criticism, otherwise the Löfven government needs to resign. Sweden's patients deserve better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the morning, Anders Tegnell dismissed the Corona Commission's criticism of the Swedish Public Health Agency and the fact that no more emphasis was placed on conditions in nursing homes. 

Tegnell believes that the authority was "very clear" from the beginning - and that it is not their job to provide guidance in elderly care. 

- You can not just assume that everyone else does what must be done when deciding on a strategy that places demands on other activities to work, says Annika Linde, former state epidemiologist, after the statement.

Yesterday came the Corona Commission's report, on how the government managed to protect the elderly in nursing homes during the pandemic.

The criticism was harsh, and both the incumbent and previous governments were singled out as responsible. The shortcomings in the care of the elderly had been known for several years, and yet nothing had been done. 

" These shortcomings meant that elderly care was unprepared and ill-equipped to deal with a pandemic. The employees in the elderly care were largely left alone to handle the crisis situation ", the report states.

The public health authority receives criticism

But the National Board of Health and Welfare and the Swedish Public Health Agency also receive criticism. The reason is that the Corona Commission considers that the conditions in nursing homes were not noticed earlier.

" Especially when there was already knowledge that the disease was particularly serious for that group. The Swedish Public Health Agency and the National Board of Health and Welfare should have immediately placed more emphasis on the conditions in special housing ", the commission writes.

On Wednesday morning, Anders Tegnell retaliated against the criticism. To   P1 Morgon he said:

- We were very clear from the beginning that the elderly in society were very vulnerable and that all actors in society needed to work very hard to improve the situation so that they would not be exposed to this spread of infection.

Tegnell: There are other authorities that are doing it 

Tegnell admitted, however, that the Swedish Public Health Agency could have been somewhat clearer in pointing out the importance of taking the necessary measures to protect the elderly. According to Tegnell, however, it is not the authority's task to guide elderly care.

- There are other authorities and the businesses themselves that are doing it, he says to Swedish Radio. 

Annika Linde agrees to some extent with Anders Tegnell that it is others who control the care of the elderly, but says that the authority should have taken more responsibility:

- It is their task to ensure that authorities and systems work. You can not just assume that everyone else does what must be done when deciding on a strategy that places demands on other businesses to work, she says.

"The great spread of society was allowed"

Fredrik Elgh, professor of virology at Umeå University, believes that Sweden should be shut down like Finland and Norway in order to prevent the spread of infection among the elderly.

- I myself have worked in geriatric care so I know that it is bad. But the absolute biggest reason why the infection entered the nursing homes was that the large spread of society was allowed, he says.

Elgh believes that the Swedish Public Health Agency also has a great responsibility to ensure that the strategy to protect the elderly failed:

- It is the government's responsibility, but they let the Public Health Agency take command. It is the Public Health Agency's obligation to recommend measures that slow down the spread of infection, but they have not succeeded in doing so, he says.

43 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I don't know if there is anyone else who comes on here and makes a fool of himself quite as much as you. You get it wrong daily, even if things are spelt out very clear. I wonder if someone still has to hold your hand when you go out of the house to stop you getting lost ? :blink:

Insults are always the sign of a loser!  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

No. Continuously getting things wrong and resorting to lies are the sign of a loser. Insults just follow on from that if you want, when I just lose patience :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Australia is the best example. I follow a PT that lives over there, it seems almost normal. You'll get the fearful people saying this proves hard lockdowns work, which is utter crap. Just a massive coincidence it's summer over there now? 

1 minute ago, Kedavra said:

Australia is the best example. I follow a PT that lives over there, it seems almost normal. You'll get the fearful people saying this proves hard lockdowns work, which is utter crap. Just a massive coincidence it's summer over there now? 

That is the thing though. Anyone can pick out an example which proves their point, if it is in isolation

You could say Australia or NZ done the right thing, or even pick out China and say act fast and decisive and it stops the virus in its tracks.

You can pick out Sweden and compare it to its neighbours and say act slow and weak and the virus will spread.....

You can find examples to say masks work or examples to show they don't.

Tegnell maybe trying to defend his strategy states you can't easily compare one country to another......

But it was clear summer anywhere would be a major help. Just as I said previously, a lot of countries didn't utilise that help to stop the virus dead

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

That is the thing though. Anyone can pick out an example which proves their point, if it is in isolation

You could say Australia or NZ done the right thing, or even pick out China and say act fast and decisive and it stops the virus in its tracks.

You can pick out Sweden and compare it to its neighbours and say act slow and weak and the virus will spread.....

You can find examples to say masks work or examples to show they don't.

Tegnell maybe trying to defend his strategy states you can't easily compare one country to another......

But it was clear summer anywhere would be a major help. Just as I said previously, a lot of countries didn't utilise that help to stop the virus dead

I think your last point is virtually unachievable in all honesty. You can try and protect the vulnerable, but a virus will spread no matter what. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1