British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

8 minutes ago, Crumpet80 said:

Things look pretty normal to me.

Could do with a 2020 comparison on there?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kedavra said:

I think your last point is virtually unachievable in all honesty. You can try and protect the vulnerable, but a virus will spread no matter what. 

Possibly, but that is what the experts were telling us here at least back in the Spring. I remember one Virologist saying if we had a hard lockdown for two weeks the virus would be virtually finished. They were saying the strategy had to be the right one at the right time. People wouldn't have the patience to do all the social distancing etc for months on end. And the economy couldn't cope with having a lockdown, coming out too soon and then having to go into another......:blink:

2 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

Its the December tower. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

That was what I was thinking, means nothing without comparison to 2020. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, iris123 said:

No. Continuously getting things wrong and resorting to lies are the sign of a loser. Insults just follow on from that if you want, when I just lose patience :rolleyes: 

I think you’ll find I’ve continuously got things right!  As you know I can point to a catalogue of those!  :D

On the other hand, copying and pasting from the mainstream media without insight is of no worth at all.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I think you’ll find I’ve continuously got things right!  As you know I can point to a catalogue of those!  :D

I know nothing of the sort. Even when I ask you to point out something I was supposed to have said about an hour before, you failed to do so . Fairly easy task, but you aren't up to it, as ever. Even the one about the drones.......let you make post after post embarrassing yourself, before giving you the answer, then you go into hiding :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Possibly, but that is what the experts were telling us here at least back in the Spring. I remember one Virologist saying if we had a hard lockdown for two weeks the virus would be virtually finished. They were saying the strategy had to be the right one at the right time. People wouldn't have the patience to do all the social distancing etc for months on end. And the economy couldn't cope with having a lockdown, coming out too soon and then having to go into another......:blink:

When should this hard two week lockdown have occurred?

Before we knew of the existence of the Virus? December? January? In February when it was emerging from China and appearing in Italy? Or at the exact point when we had fewer than 100 cases, knew exactly who they were and locked those people up?

We never knew when we were in that situation to impose the magic lockdown and now another strain of flu is loose in the world and there’s nothing we can do to stop transmission.  It moves too fast for every tier and lockdown.  We have to live with it just as we have with colds and flu for thousands of years.

• Thanks 1

Wow, Germany registered 950 deaths in the last 24 hours!  BBC

Double the UK.

7 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

A might be stupid Dave, but am definitely not thick!!!

You are really grumpy atm, don't worry mate, there's always the next vaccine, or maybe the one after that. 

BTW, av heard on the vine, not to touch it with a barge pole. ;)

it was a joke Neil. You don't have to be the only one having a joke.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

The government’s current policy of containment is dictated to by “cases”.

If cases go up, new “measures” are needed.  

And to make sense of cases we have to measure them against 100,000.  Measure them against a number that people can visualise, 1,000, and they become ridiculously insignificant, 1, 2 or 3 cases per 1,000 people.

But even with these tiny numbers there is press and public outcry every time cases increase and the government responds by jerking into action this way and that, throwing billions at it

If they expressed all the figures as percentages nobody would be interested let alone scared.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    369   44796

Scotland    38   (4173)

Wales  Delayed   (2891)

NI  8  (1143)

Today  415      - last Wednesday  533

No need to worry about the new Covid mutation on the evidence to date.

Apparently Covid has mutated very slowly, at 2 to 2.5 a month, and there has been a dominant mutation since March.

The new mutation has only just been found and there is no evidence that it increases transmission or mortality.  Indeed it’s a wonder that Hancock even bothered to mention it!

This news comes from one of the government’s nanopore sequencing labs.

1 hour ago, Vince said:

If they expressed all the figures as percentages nobody would be interested let alone scared.

Absolutely.

“Rates of Covid have increased from 0.2% to 0.3%”

OMG, lock us all down!  :D

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Absolutely.

“Rates of Covid have increased from 0.2% to 0.3%”

OMG, lock us all down!  :D

A 50% increase

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MattK said:

A 50% increase

Yeah, mental!  :D

Having said that, Swindon is currently 0.1%.

You see, cases are giving the government’s containment policy a kicking, but if we focused on a targeted quarantine they would be irrelevant.