Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

 

 

Have a look at your first post: ”was the underlying cause”.

That denotes a figure from death certificates rather than positive tests and one where the ONS appeared to be stating that it was counting only deaths where Covid had been stated on the death certificate to be the underlying cause rather than merely mentioned.

Presumably you’re now saying that you did not appreciate those distinctions?

But, of course, that’s no reason to criticise me. :rolleyes:

DC you are quoting a copy paste off the ONS.

The point is the ONS figures clearly state Covid was the main cause of death in over 90% of the cases to September, you keep saying otherwise, the ONS even changed the wording so as not to confuse, it is in the latest release.

 

Share this post


Link to post

DC maybe you are trying to underplay the seriousness of covid as you said yourself earlier in this thread you thought the death toll to be as little as 2,000 to 10,000. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

As I said I seem to be right in your bonce. I use facts unlike you who has to resort to lies, deflection and going into hiding as a last resort

I’m still waiting for a link from you to your earlier American story!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Swindonseptet said:

DC maybe you are trying to underplay the seriousness of covid as you said yourself earlier in this thread you thought the death toll to be as little as 2,000 to 10,000. 

Yes, I did say that, or something like it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I’m still waiting for a link from you to your earlier American story!

Like I said yesterday, you need to have someone hold your hand when outside !!! 
Honestly, the name of the magazine was given in full......:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Swindonseptet said:

DC you are quoting a copy paste off the ONS.

The point is the ONS figures clearly state Covid was the main cause of death in over 90% of the cases to September, you keep saying otherwise, the ONS even changed the wording so as not to confuse, it is in the latest release.

Yes, you were drawing the distinction between Covid being mentioned and it being stated to be the underlying cause.

As I said.

I accept that statistic from the ONS (although I don’t have the certificates to check them), but of course in the absence of proper investigation the “underlying cause” is down to a judgment by the certifying practitioner.

And clearly practitioners have suspected thousands more deaths from Covid rather than those supported by positive tests and that is in an environment where only 17% or so of those tested are found to be positive despite having symptoms.

Share this post


Link to post

I was in Tier 1 before lockdown, came out in Tier 2 and now Tier 3. I don’t think the lockdown worked very well in all areas!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Like I said yesterday, you need to have someone hold your hand when outside !!! 
Honestly, the name of the magazine was given in full......:blink:

It is not clear whether you were quoting from the study itself, the Journal of the American Medical Association in which it was said to have been published or some third party publication, possibly with an agenda?

 

Share this post


Link to post

It’s astonishing that people still think this destruction of civil rights and the economy is about a virus...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well, I’m still waiting for you to come up with facts that support your view!  :D

You seem to have a dose of the Iris, thinking that insults can make your case better than facts!

Where have I insulted you? Everything you post supports your point of view and you post links to statistics that back that point of view.

The daughter in law of one of my friends is a staff nurse in an ICU, well, two ICUs now since October. Back in February she worked three day shifts or two nights a week. Now she works five or six shifts - the same three in her regular hospital (which doesn't take Covid patients in the ICU) and up to three more in a neighbouring, bigger hospital which has the Covid patients from both areas. She tells me that that Covid ward is near capacity and many more of the patients are under retirement age - certainly a higher percentage than back in the Spring.. Now, I can either believe somebody I know and trust or the statistics put on by people I don't know, certainly since I know from experience that statistics read what the person supplying them wants them to read.

Anyway, that's it from me for a while. I'm off to the pub for a meal. I'm teetotal (drive far too much to risk losing my licence) so an alcohol ban doesn't bother me.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    340    45136

Scotland    30  (4203)

Wales   52  (2973)

NI  12 (1154)

Today   434    - last Thursday  386

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Another worrying problem for the younger generation......well pregnant women are generally younger than the over 70s  B)

During Thursday's press conference, state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell aimed directly at pregnant women. 

According to new - as yet unpublished studies - there is a risk of becoming seriously ill in covid-19. 

- There is an excess risk for them, says Tegnell. 

A further 91 new deaths in covid-19 in Sweden were reported on Thursday. 

A total of 7,893 people have now died with covid-19 in the country - and the situation looks set to darken.  

"Unfortunately, the number of deaths will increase in the next week or weeks," Tegnell said during Thursday's press conference. 

Tegnell's warning to pregnant women

Anders Tegnell then chose to address an appeal directly to pregnant women. 

This is after several, as yet unpublished, studies show that pregnant women are at risk of developing serious covid-19. 

- There is an excess risk for them. And therefore we want to send with the signal that it is extra important, just like for everyone in the risk groups, to be extra careful to follow the recommendations to avoid infection. 

It is especially important, according to Tegnell, at the end of pregnancy.

- This applies throughout the pregnancy, but especially the period just before the birth when the risks actually arise, especially when you come in and have an ongoing infection during the birth. 

"Pregnant women should get vaccinated against seasonal flu"

There is no indication that the virus itself affects the fetus in any way, says Tegnell during the press conference. 

- And it is important to keep in mind now, as we also recommend elsewhere, that pregnant women should be vaccinated against seasonal flu. To at least avoid having that infection during the autumn, says Anders Tegnell. 

 

PREGNANT AND COVID-19

New studies show that pregnant women have a higher risk of becoming seriously ill with covid-19, which may mean an increased risk of the baby being born prematurely. Several Swedish studies are underway and the Swedish Public Health Agency has been able to take part in hitherto unpublished information that shows a certain increased risk for the mother of, among other things, thrombosis, ie blood clots, and for preeclampsia, so-called pregnancy poisoning. 

The Swedish Public Health Agency therefore wants to strengthen and repeat its recommendations that pregnant women should be extra careful. This applies to all pregnant women and especially at the end of pregnancy from the 36th week of pregnancy and before the birth. 

 The risk of serious illness can also increase in combination with other risk factors such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity.

All pregnant women should generally be extra careful to follow the recommendations that are kept at a distance, be careful with hand hygiene, as well as avoid social contacts outside a small circle and avoid congestion.

Pregnant women should also not be exposed to the risk of infection in their workplace. This type of exposure occurs primarily in health care and nursing, where the Swedish Work Environment Authority in a decision in November banned Region Värmland from allowing pregnant care staff to work with covid patients.

The Swedish Public Health Agency also wants to encourage pregnant women to get vaccinated against the usual seasonal flu.

Source: Swedish Public Health Agency

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Where have I insulted you? Everything you post supports your point of view and you post links to statistics that back that point of view.

The daughter in law of one of my friends is a staff nurse in an ICU, well, two ICUs now since October. Back in February she worked three day shifts or two nights a week. Now she works five or six shifts - the same three in her regular hospital (which doesn't take Covid patients in the ICU) and up to three more in a neighbouring, bigger hospital which has the Covid patients from both areas. She tells me that that Covid ward is near capacity and many more of the patients are under retirement age - certainly a higher percentage than back in the Spring.. Now, I can either believe somebody I know and trust or the statistics put on by people I don't know, certainly since I know from experience that statistics read what the person supplying them wants them to read.

Anyway, that's it from me for a while. I'm off to the pub for a meal. I'm teetotal (drive far too much to risk losing my licence) so an alcohol ban doesn't bother me.

 

Except, of course, the statistics that I produced are from the ONS while your observation is backed up only by alleged anecdote about two hospitals.

A bit like Wealdstone’s anecdotes suggesting that cancer screenings and treatments haven’t been affected, when in truth 4.4 million have.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    340    45136

Scotland    30  (4203)

Wales   52  (2973)

NI  12 (1154)

Today   434    - last Thursday  386

 

It’s looking like lockdown had zero impact on Covid deaths?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

 

It’s looking like lockdown had zero impact on Covid deaths?

Correct, and of course most of those deaths won’t be FROM covid...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy