British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It’s looking like lockdown had zero impact on Covid deaths?

Or it has had an impact ?

43 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Except, of course, the statistics that I produced are from the ONS while your observation is backed up only by alleged anecdote about two hospitals.

A bit like Wealdstone’s anecdotes suggesting that cancer screenings and treatments haven’t been affected, when in truth 4.4 million have.

Whilst I wouldn't presume to query anything you say, as you back up with those statistics,  I will just post that some screenings must be happening here in Ipswich as, sadly,  my brother in law,  in the last month, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer :cry:

42 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It’s looking like lockdown had zero impact on Covid deaths?

Try looking from another perspective,  perhaps it did , just a thought :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badge said:

Try looking from another perspective,  perhaps it did , just a thought :rolleyes:

Something that has been pointed out many times but ignored by DC2 and co. Nobody knows what the statistics would have been without lockdown.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Something that has been pointed out many times but ignored by DC2 and co. Nobody knows what the statistics would have been without lockdown.

Maybe so, but deaths numbers pre-lockdown, during lockdown and post-lockdown haven’t changed significantly.

6 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

The problem - certainly here in the US - is that whatever restrictions and rules have been introduced, a lot of people haven't obeyed them. Therefore, it's impossible to come up with any kind of remotely accurate figure.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Maybe so, but deaths numbers pre-lockdown, during lockdown and post-lockdown haven’t changed significantly.

Which must tell you something. They were going up exponencially (the word they kept using) before lockdown then they, as you posted, didn't change significally. If lockdown hadn't done anything they would have kept rising at the same if not a higher rate.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Which must tell you something. They were going up exponencially (the word they kept using) before lockdown then they, as you posted, didn't change significally. If lockdown hadn't done anything they would have kept rising at the same if not a higher rate.

No, they weren’t going up” exponentially”.

Here’s R&R’s figures for the last nine weeks:

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

W/E December 6th  345  other  84        total 429

W/E December 13th  332  other  88    total  420 

This week(Mon- Wed)   321 other  129    total  450

1 minute ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

To be fair, we'll never know if it might have if people had actually followed the rules which by and large no one has this time.

Apart from the enforced closure of hospitality & entertainment venues people are just carrying on as normal with the travel between tiers and mixing of households rules just being blatantly ignored.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of lockdowns just that if you don't follow a process you can't say it doesn't work

For some reason, people can't seem to grasp that...

1 minute ago, chunky said:

For some reason, people can't seem to grasp that...

I suspect many only follow rules  if it suits them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

What about the first lockdown?

AFCB Wildcat's highlighted the problem with this current 'lockdown'.

Edited by Barney Rabbit

Just now, wealdstone said:

I suspect many only follow rules  if it suits them

Over here, people won't follow rules because they claim they are "unconstitutional"...

People worry too much about their "rights", and not enough about their "responsibilities" to be a better person...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

To be fair, we'll never know if it might have if people had actually followed the rules which by and large no one has this time.

Apart from the enforced closure of hospitality & entertainment venues people are just carrying on as normal with the travel between tiers and mixing of households rules just being blatantly ignored.

I'm not saying I'm in favour of lockdowns just that if you don't follow a process you can't say it doesn't work.

In this age of entitlement and ill discipline it would be easier to train a cat than enforce an effective lockdown on the general public.

As Newsnight said the other night, that’s always the way it’s explained:

when the figures look good, “lockdown works”;

when they don’t, it’s because “people didn’t follow the rules” or some other excuse.

Of course, it might just be that lockdown doesn’t work at all.

I say that and get slammed by a few on here and accused of bias, but none of them seem to think there’s any bias from the lockdown supporters!

Take Hancock today telling the Commons that 18,038 people are in hospital with Covid. That sounds a worrying figure, but it’s not being put into perspective.  

He didn’t say, for example, that total capacity is 89,000, that 10,500 beds remain empty and that we could increase capacity by re-commissioning or building within two weeks Nightingale hospitals.

People keep swallowing a one-sided story.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

DC you really need to get out more you know, being on here 24-7 , apart from I suppose keeping you safe from covid, is definitely not good for your mental health.

Whatever will you do when we get this beast under control and Brexit is done :unsure:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Badge said:

DC you really need to get out more you know, being on here 24-7 , apart from I suppose keeping you safe from covid, is definitely not good for your mental health.

Whatever will you do when we get this beast under control and Brexit is done :unsure:

If I got out more you’d blame me for not following the rules and undermining lockdown!  :D

Quite happy where I am, thank you, but thanks for the concern.

P.S. off to the pub again tonight and Spain again shortly.