British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

That’s not the point though, is it!

Young people “irresponsibly frolicking” (or actually just doing what they were allowed to) are blamed for driving up cases and consequently deaths but nothing of the sort happened in Bournemouth.

That's it then - you were looking at statistics for the wrong place. It wasn't the locals that were frolicking on the beaches at these resorts, it was folk coming in from everywhere else. As I remember (I'm not trawling the internet looking for proof) people were pulled up from as far away as Yorkshire, there were loads of caravans, people in tents cr*pping in the sand dunes because many of the public loos were shut, cars parked on double yellow lines, up on grass verges, on bends - you name it, they parked there. One of my neighbours admitted to driving out to the seaside and we live thirty-odd miles from the nearest resort. Again, I don't think I've got any printed record of him doing that.

The locals said many were too intimidated to go out so stayed inside.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Still, staying in your caravan isn't the same as interacting with thousands on a small beach, is it?

As we've said before, so many of the restrictions imposed make no sense whatsoever. Like here in Ohio right now; we have a statewide curfew between 10pm and 5am. What risk am I to anyone if I want to go out night fishing on my own?

Small beach?  Bournemouth?  That’s nearly as long as Shovlar’s drive! :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Sorry if I'm coming across dense but can someone explain to me how the 'tracking' system works?

On visiting a local restaurant today I gave my name and contact number as per the norm. Am I right to assume that if someone within the restaurant shows up positive (and presumeably volunteers that iinformation) then those on the premises at the time are informed and presumeably expected to self isolate? Who contacts you? Is it a member of the staff (highly unlikely I would have thought) or is the information passed on  to the relevant authority who then get in touch?

It just got me thinking having gone down this road many times over the last weeks/months and not really understanding the potential consequences and/or appropriate action that's taken and by whom.

The contact tracers call and invite you to either self-isolate for 10 days or to go for a pint with Tsunami.  Apparently, it’s worked wonders.  :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crumpet80 said:

75% of covid admissions were post admission infections, asymptomatic cases, in hospital infections and were planned. Your government is lying to you, there is no justification for any tiers or lockdowns.

What’s the source of this?

I mentioned last week that it’s emerging that more than 50% of hospital deaths caught Covid in hospital.

Tiers and lockdowns need to be imposed on hospitals, not society at large!

18 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

That's it then - you were looking at statistics for the wrong place. It wasn't the locals that were frolicking on the beaches at these resorts, it was folk coming in from everywhere else. As I remember (I'm not trawling the internet looking for proof) people were pulled up from as far away as Yorkshire, there were loads of caravans, people in tents cr*pping in the sand dunes because many of the public loos were shut, cars parked on double yellow lines, up on grass verges, on bends - you name it, they parked there. One of my neighbours admitted to driving out to the seaside and we live thirty-odd miles from the nearest resort. Again, I don't think I've got any printed record of him doing that.

Nope.

The national statistics reflected the same conclusion: b*gger all Covid deaths in the Summer!

Matt Hancock said today that one-third of Covid cases are asymptomatic but they can still transmit the disease.

Just posting this for reference.  :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

So basically you can’t back up your claim.

Why am I not surprised :D

On the contrary.

I’ll start with this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53519668

I’ll look up the deaths’ figures when I have a moment.

Here they are. 26th June: downward trend continued:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=%2Fpeoplepopulationandcommunity%2Fbirthsdeathsandmarriages%2Fdeaths%2Fdatasets%2Fweeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales%2F2020/publishedweek492020.xlsx

I assume the apology is in the post?  :D

Edited by DC2

1 hour ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Even old Bwitcher (wherever he is?) got his knickers in a twist over the Bournemouth episode saying something like thay were observing social distancing guidelines except, of course, as I pointed out beaches do tend to recede due to the tides moving in and out thus causing movement of people.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Even old Bwitcher (wherever he is?) got his knickers in a twist over the Bournemouth episode saying something like thay were observing social distancing guidelines except, of course, as I pointed out beaches do tend to recede due to the tides moving in and out thus causing movement of people.

What, like some kind of tidal hokey-cokey?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Bwitcher? I reckon he's well into this thread.

• Like 1

Newsnight: the Tiers are “not working”. They’re not suppressing the virus.

“In Tier 2 cases are going up; in Tier 3 they’ve stayed about the same”.

“Cases are higher now than before lockdown.”

8 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Bwitcher? I reckon he's well into this thread.

...lurking in the shadows!

4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...lurking in the shadows!

They could be doing the hokey-cokey in unison with the tides, it could take a long time, probably fell asleep by now. :t:

• Like 1

If it’s true, as posted by Crumpet80, that:

“75% of covid admissions were post admission infections, asymptomatic cases, in hospital infections and were planned”

then all but 4,500 of those currently in hospital with Covid could have been avoided!

And the Nightingale hospitals could be used for all Covid patients, thereby quarantining Covid patients in them and keeping staff separate from regular hospitals.

Does the British public have a right to be told this?  :angry:

• Like 4