British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Unmitigated carnage with postal services now the ports are closed. I just received 53 emails telling me my 53 parcels that went out yesterday are being returned to my local depot and then to me. So I have just sent out 53 emails to 53 customers telling them that their paintings are going to be delayed.

I am just a small business who trades daily with my customers in the eu. Imagine the carnage a large company must be going through. Frightening. The problem is the backlog this blockage will produce.

A standard parcel to Italy costs me £17.80 via Parcelforce. Cheapest I could find tonight was with dpd air direct at £87.05. So it would cost me approx £4,613 just for yesterday’s postage. Actually it would be more as some parcels are going to Romania, Czech Republic, Lithuania etc which are more expensive to send to. As a 7 days a week business, my postal fees would be approx £35,000 a week without Dover/Calais. As it stands today, by business is at a standstill. Nothing I can do until Dover/Calais and tunnel re-open.

The solution is simple. At least it seems so to me. Every driver has a COVID test before boarding. The results take 30 minutes. A fail means driver stays in the U.K. a negative test and off he goes. Surely it’s as simple as that. Or will Johnson and his Merry bunch of imbeciles have to think about it for a couple of weeks before thinking of this?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Now show me the passenger lists so that we can see how many people and not planes were involved because I don't think planes in the air are actually breaking any current rules.

I presume that's a joke...:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I presume that's a joke...:rofl:

No, why should it be? You posted a screenshot showing planes in England at a given time with the caption that it proves lockdown is a joke without the slightest idea of how many people on those planes were actually rule-breakers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unmitigated carnage with postal services now the ports are closed. I just received 53 emails telling me my 53 parcels that went out yesterday are being returned to my local depot and then to me. So I have just sent out 53 emails to 53 customers telling them that their paintings are going to be delayed.

I am just a small business who trades daily with my customers in the eu. Imagine the carnage a large company must be going through. Frightening. The problem is the backlog this blockage will produce.

A standard parcel to Italy costs me £17.80 via Parcelforce. Cheapest I could find tonight was with dpd air direct at £87.05. So it would cost me approx £4,613 just for yesterday’s postage. Actually it would be more as some parcels are going to Romania, Czech Republic, Lithuania etc which are more expensive to send to. As a 7 days a week business, my postal fees would be approx £35,000 a week without Dover/Calais. As it stands today, by business is at a standstill. Nothing I can do until Dover/Calais and tunnel re-open.

The solution is simple. At least it seems so to me. Every driver has a COVID test before boarding. The results take 30 minutes. A fail means driver stays in the U.K. a negative test and off he goes. Surely it’s as simple as that. Or will Johnson and his Merry bunch of imbeciles have to think about it for a couple of weeks before thinking of this?

The Dutch and Belgians won't be getting any maggot deliveries this week either, you are not alone in this mess...

3 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

No, why should it be? You posted a screenshot showing planes in England at a given time with the caption that it proves lockdown is a joke without the slightest idea of how many people on those planes were actually rule-breakers.

You asked me for the passenger lists...:rofl:

Lockdown is a joke because any Tom, Dick and Harry can fly into this country without any health checks, that's why...

32 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

You asked me for the passenger lists...:rofl:

Lockdown is a joke because any Tom, Dick and Harry can fly into this country without any health checks, that's why...

I knew you couldn't provide a passenger list but without you knowing who - if anyone - from England was on the planes or why, your statement was unsubstantiated.

And, at the time you posted that screen-shot you were referring to the lack of health checks - yup, OK. If you say so. :rofl:

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Barney Rabbit said:

I knew you couldn't provide a passenger list but without you knowing who - if anyone - from England was on the planes or why, your statement was unsubstantiated.

And, at the time you posted that screen-shot you were referring to the lack of health checks - yup, OK. If you say so. :rofl:

What did you think i was referring to, the colour of their socks, their inside leg measurement. As long as you're happy that anyone from anywhere can arrive here without any health checks, then that's fine by me...:rolleyes:

Another little game of spot the Pandemic year...

50 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Interesting pieces here, including the London/ new mutation figures I mentioned this morning

https://mobile.twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1341094836682838021

Two interesting points from that:

a) there is a seven day window of Covid transmission, 2 days before symptoms and 5 days after;

b) transmission is far less likely to occur from people without symptoms

“When we look at the viral load dynamics & contact tracing studies, those who are infected are very infectious for a short window, likely 1-2 days before and 5 days following symptom onset. No transmission documented so far after the first week of symptom onset.

While asymptomatic patients can transmit the virus to others, emerging evidence suggests that asymptomatic index cases transmit to fewer secondary cases. Attack rates are highly correlated with symptom severity

Yes welcome onboard

Glad you now seem to be in the asymptomatic can transmit the virus camp, after last week being in the asymptomatic can’t camp with Heneghan

An earlier WHO press conference with Kerkhove again 

https://mobile.twitter.com/WHO/status/1341056238822440962

Edited by iris123

33 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

What did you think i was referring to, the colour of their socks, their inside leg measurement. As long as you're happy that anyone from anywhere can arrive here without any health checks, then that's fine by me...:rolleyes:

You were referring to the number of people flying when there's supposed to be a lockdown, that's it. Nothing about any health checks - they came into your mind about twenty or so minutes ago.

Edited by Barney Rabbit
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Yes welcome onboard

Glad you now seem to be in the asymptomatic can transmit the virus camp, after last week being in the asymptomatic can’t camp with Heneghan

An earlier WHO press conference with Kerkhove again 

https://mobile.twitter.com/WHO/status/1341056238822440962

No, not at all.  

She says transmission is “highly correlated with symptom severity”.  Give it a month (like SAGE assessing face masks) and it’ll be “there is no transmission from asymptomatics”.

Well, I say that, but it doesn’t suit the narrative that everyone is at threat from everything.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

No, not at all.  

She says transmission is “highly correlated with symptom severity”.  Give it a month (like SAGE assessing face masks) and it’ll be “there is no transmission from asymptomatics”.

Well, I say that, but it doesn’t suit the narrative that everyone is at threat from everything.

Not interested in your prophecies, just the science. 

Just now, iris123 said:

Not interested in your prophecies, just the science. 

You need to read more studies then.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

You need to read more studies then.

You need to understand the difference between a study and a review of studies :D