British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You know exactly where the range was mentioned. Go and take a butchers yourself, as I ain't going to help you out all day like a nurse. Surely you have a panic button set up when you need help ? :party:Would have thought 13 wasn't too hard a number to understand or can you only go to 11 with your fingers ? :D

Ah, the gospel according to Tsunami: provide no facts and figures, duck any questions and say “go fetch” non-existent evidence.

I suspect it’s you confusing the alleged prevalence of asymptomatics (17% to 81%) with their degree of transmissibility (0% to 58% of symptomatics).

But who knows (or cares) in your muddled mind.  :D

• Haha 1

So the message amongst your two snipings and attempted one upmanship is that it could be possible that you are unaware that you have the virus but that you could possibly,  unbeknownst to you, could in fact spread it .

Have I got that right :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Freedom passports....Those damn conspiracy nutters are right again. :D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Badge said:

So the message amongst your two snipings and attempted one upmanship is that it could be possible that you are unaware that you have the virus but that you could possibly,  unbeknownst to you, could in fact spread it .

Yes.

Apparently, between 17% and 81% of cases are asymptomatic. Even 90% has been quoted before. Matt Hancock said the other day it’s “one in three”, 33%.

However, asymptomatics are far less likely than those with symptoms to transmit the virus and possibly can’t transmit it at all.

The most likely to transmit are those with symptoms, from two days before they got them to five days after they got them.

2 minutes ago, Vince said:

You two need a mum to bang your bloody heads together :D

Fair point.  :D

33 minutes ago, Badge said:

That is the message I was trying to get across ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

That is the message I was trying to get across ;)

Trying is the word...:D

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Trying is the word...:D

Yes. In between the interruptions :D

Guess the jury is out atm as to what % of asymptomatics pass on the new variant.....

Edited by iris123

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yes. In between the interruptions :D

Guess the jury is out atm as to what % of asymptomatics pass on the new variant.....

Its all estimates and guesswork, it is what it is. Such is life...

49 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes.

Apparently, between 17% and 81% of cases are asymptomatic. Even 90% has been quoted before. Matt Hancock said the other day it’s “one in three”, 33%.

However, asymptomatics are far less likely than those with symptoms to transmit the virus and possibly can’t transmit it at all.

The most likely to transmit are those with symptoms, from two days before they got them to five days after they got them.

How on earth are you meant to be aware of your symptoms 2 days before tho???

So maybe err on the side of caution and don't have contact with anyone at all forever and ever. Seems to be a lot of mights and coulds here, possibly a lot of guesswork going on. :blink:

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Freedom passports....Those damn conspiracy nutters are right again. :D

Couldn't that be open to abuse tho?,,, you could possibly borrow a phone off one of your clean mates,,, if their not going out. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Couldn't that be open to abuse tho?,,, you could possibly borrow a phone off one of your clean mates,,, if their not going out. 

Could be a problem for your mate if you were only planning to go out but ended up going out out......;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

How on earth are you meant to be aware of your symptoms 2 days before tho???

Possibly this is the reason it's still spreading then, and to a certain extent reinforces their lockdown strategy as a way of stopping spread....just a thought