Ep7mZ7FXEAEIzXE?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why am I not surprised who the favourite quotes belong to in your circl:blink:

• Haha 1

Ep7qzIXXcAA_23i?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

F@#$ sake, Suffolk into tier 4 from boxing day,  my grandson won't even be out of isolation by then :(, and all because a family decided to go from tier 2 Suffolk to tier 4 Essex so their little darlings could see Santa :mad:.

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Now that is a different argument altogether. And I wouldn't argue. Seems no country has really got it right. In Sweden they were asking why their model got it wrong and under estimated the cases/deaths. In Germany they are wondering why they also let their guard down after coming through the first wave well and are now right up in cases/deaths

Anybody would think that you can't control a virus and in the end the outcome will be very similar no matter what actions you take prior to vaccination.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Ep7qzIXXcAA_23i?format=jpg&name=small

Looks like he's getting better by the year, his great grandson might get close one day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

We can only hope.

Ep7mZ7FXEAEIzXE?format=jpg&name=900x900

And look what happened to him

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  416    46653

Scotland  47   (4373)

Wales  51  (3200)

NI  21   (1240)

total    535  - last Wednesday  415

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 535 other  209     total 744

• Sad 1

Last 29  weeks DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK HOSPITAL  Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote)

W/E June 7th   134  

W/E June 14th   87 

W/E June 21st  64 

W/E June 28th  54 

W/E July 5th   39 

W/E July 12th  29 

W/E July 19th  18 

W/E July 26th  15 

W/E August 2nd  12 

W/E August 9th  11 

W/E August 16th  8 

W/E August 23rd   6 

W/E August 30th  8 

W/E September 6th 9 

W/E September 13th 9

W/E September 20th 15

W/E September 27th  26

W/E October 4th  43  other 9 total 52

W/E October 11th 58 other 10 total 68

W/E October 18th 82  other  35 total 117

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

W/E December 6th  345  other  84        total 429

W/E December 13th  332  other  88    total  420 

W/E December 20th  369 other    93    total  462

This week(Mon- Wed)  410  other 140       total  550

58 minutes ago, Vince said:

Anybody would think that you can't control a virus and in the end the outcome will be very similar no matter what actions you take prior to vaccination.

That isn't true though is it ? We have seen very different curves in countries, as I have shown. Some have had a bad hit in Spring, whereas others got away lightly, and others had pretty much nothing until the last couple of months. Some have still basically had nothing....There is though little doubt if you have a fairly small population with no major cities you can control things better than being a major international hub

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/biweekly-covid-deaths?tab=chart&time=2020-02-15..latest&country=DNK~FIN~NOR~SWE

Edited by iris123

3 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Guess what hasn't been tried yet?

A curfew.

They have in France.They don't work either.Funny that.:rofl:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

That isn't true though is it ? We have seen very different curves in countries, as I have shown. Some have had a bad hit in Spring, whereas others got away lightly, and others had pretty much nothing until the last couple of months. Some have still basically had nothing....There is though little doubt if you have a fairly small population with no major cities you can control things better than being a major international hub

Thats the point though, some did better in the spring but tend to be doing worse now seems very likely in the long term that countries with similar environments will end up in much the same place.

And just to really p*** me off I have just read we are in tier 4 from Boxing Day because of this new strain that seems to be more infectious but may be less deadly then again it might not be but lets see if we can get a few more people jobless and on the breadline before the New year anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badge said:

F@#$ sake, Suffolk into tier 4 from boxing day,  my grandson won't even be out of isolation by then :(, and all because a family decided to go from tier 2 Suffolk to tier 4 Essex so their little darlings could see Santa :mad:.

To be honest I'm getting fed up with people who flout the current guidelines. The tourist attraction that I work at in York (Tier Two) are experiencing visitors from Tier Three areas and as I mentioned in an earlier post my neighbour's son and partner have travelled from London and appear to be staying over the Christmas period. My brother lives in Essex and has abided the new Tier Four ruling....shame others feel that they are above it. York has just become a free for all with people travelling in from elsewhere and the locals are getting might fed up with it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Is that based on number of cases Iris?  As we know the more you test the more cases are reported.  Quite why we have the stupid death within 28 days thing either I have no idea, again skews the data.  The answer I'd like is how is it transmitted from one person to another and does exposure mean you get it?  I don't think the scientists can answer either of these with confidence and therefore how can I judge whether all the lockdown stuff is actually effective at all?  Maybe a supermarket is also a super transmitting environment which means it's just the passage of time which sees cases reduce.  Who knows, but I for as a responsible grown up want to be able to decide for myself and I can't, making this very frustrating.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 3