British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

43 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

And look what happened to him

Yep, somebody who followed Hitler devotedly and murdered his 6 children.  Definitely who I'd look to for sound life advice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Ep7qzIXXcAA_23i?format=jpg&name=small

On that basis, Prof pants down might be concealing an anaconda in his speedos.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Is that based on number of cases Iris?  As we know the more you test the more cases are reported.  Quite why we have the stupid death within 28 days thing either I have no idea, again skews the data.  The answer I'd like is how is it transmitted from one person to another and does exposure mean you get it?  I don't think the scientists can answer either of these with confidence and therefore how can I judge whether all the lockdown stuff is actually effective at all?  Maybe a supermarket is also a super transmitting environment which means it's just the passage of time which sees cases reduce.  Who knows, but I for as a responsible grown up want to be able to decide for myself and I can't, making this very frustrating.

I was basing it on deaths rather than cases. As it was the link I gave took me through to a comparison of the Nordic countries. But tried it again and it went to a mass of different links to graphs

Denmark (and other countries like Sweden were looking on ) actually put their success down to a massive number of tests. Germany were putting their relative success down to rapid response. But as I pointed out earlier, even within countries there is a wide difference to how many cases and deaths there are

But in the end as I have looked it up for Germany it is difficult to see a major jump in deaths. I have the total for this year up to October and it is 788,335----so if we take that for 10 months then add 2/10ths we end with a figure for 2020 of 946,001 !! Now that is high, but wouldn't be the highest figure

2019- 939,520

2018- 954,874

2017- 932,272

2016- 910,902

2015- 925,200

2014- 868.356

2013- 893,825

2012- 869,582

2011- 852,328

Now the obvious thing people will say is the figure for 2020 would be far greater if nothing had been done. And it is difficult to prove one way or another. One guy argued with me that there are less dead on the roads and with flu. But I pointed out that the road deaths are only lower by a few hundred. Not enough to make much of a difference either way. What you can't deny is that the difference between 2011 and 2018 is over 100,000 !!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

I was basing it on deaths rather than cases. As it was the link I gave took me through to a comparison of the Nordic countries. But tried it again and it went to a mass of different links to graphs

Denmark (and other countries like Sweden were looking on ) actually put their success down to a massive number of tests. Germany were putting their relative success down to rapid response. But as I pointed out earlier, even within countries there is a wide difference to how many cases and deaths there are

But in the end as I have looked it up for Germany it is difficult to see a major jump in deaths. I have the total for this year up to October and it is 788,335----so if we take that for 10 months then add 2/10ths we end with a figure for 2020 of 946,001 !! Now that is high, but wouldn't be the highest figure

2019- 939,520

2018- 954,874

2017- 932,272

2016- 910,902

2015- 925,200

2014- 868.356

2013- 893,825

2012- 869,582

2011- 852,328

Now the obvious thing people will say is the figure for 2020 would be far greater if nothing had been done. And it is difficult to prove one way or another. One guy argued with me that there are less dead on the roads and with flu. But I pointed out that the road deaths are only lower by a few hundred. Not enough to make much of a difference either way. What you can't deny is that the difference between 2011 and 2018 is over 100,000 !!!!

Maybe that is due to population changes? Perhaps more likely the influenza between 2017 and 18, which claimed 50 k extra here and might explain your figures in Germany. 
Not a great flu vac that Winter...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Maybe that is due to population changes? Perhaps more likely the influenza between 2017 and 18, which claimed 50 k extra here and might explain your figures in Germany. 
Not a great flu vac that Winter...

Now I was wondering why the jump in 2015, because that was the year of the big refugee wave and did it have an impact ?

That little Nordic witch has been strangely quiet this last 9 months.

She's either been tubbed or knows what's going on.

Tony Bliar gets both barrels...

• Like 1

This years Xmas number one will probably be...

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Venezuela

52 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

On that basis, Prof pants down might be concealing an anaconda in his speedos.!

D'you reckon he's just making that up too?

• Like 1

It was quite noticeable how there were different scales on each of the graphs so they appeared to show the same curve, plus no-one seemed to comment on the downward curve of the 'other' COVID variants. 

Quite a few people I know have also caught COVID in the past 3 or 4 weeks, yet virtually all have been asymptomatic and the others have had minor symptoms. Yet the incompetent Johnson government continues with its kneejerk reactions that do little to nothing to control the spread, whilst further driving the economy into the ground.

Also thought Neil Ferguson had been sacked as a government advisor, yet seems to be back with a vengeance. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

2019- 939,520

2018- 954,874

2017- 932,272

2016- 910,902

2015- 925,200

2014- 868.356

2013- 893,825

2012- 869,582

2011- 852,328

Has Germany carried out 4.4 million fewer cancer screenings, like the UK?

If so, it’s future years’ death figures that we really need to be concerned about!

I’m happy to admit that Covid may have been instrumental in the majority of excess deaths, but it’s been little more than a “once in twenty years” outbreak rather than an unprecedented pandemic that threatens the existence of mankind, and the relatively low number of excess deaths and the massive skew towards the elderly have not justified the crushing, blanket response. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Has Germany carried out 4.4 million fewer cancer screenings, like the UK?

If so, it’s future years’ death figures that we really need to be concerned about!

I’m happy to admit that Covid may have been instrumental in the majority of excess deaths, but it’s been little more than a “once in twenty years” outbreak rather than an unprecedented pandemic that threatens the existence of mankind, and the relatively low number of excess deaths and the massive skew towards the elderly have not justified the crushing, blanket response. 

The elderly are less likely to accept change

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Hmmm, a wonder why that would be?

• Like 1

The 2nd largest factory involved in the production of HCQ in the world, in Taiwan, has been destroyed in a 'mystery explosion'. 

'Mystery':rofl:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dave69 said:

...but probably more likely to adhere to recent guidelines.