British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

5 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

They're not. The elderly are some of the worst rule breakers going on the ones I've seen.

They seem to think they can carry on as they like, even though all the restrictions and economic destruction is supposed to be for their benefit.

Agreed, last night in the pub there was a group of eight twenty year old lads being moaned about by several groups of older people!  :)

The “same household” pub regulation was never going to be respected.

12 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Exactly, potential - because no-one knows how the virus is transmitted, only guesses.  That's why we do not really know if a lockdown is effective at all.

I'd agree which is why everybody needs to be on their guard irrespective of age.

Just now, steve roberts said:

I'd agree which is why everybody needs to be on their guard irrespective of age.

But, on the contrary, there is now much better knowledge of transmission.

As Carl Heneghan has been at pains to point out (much to the derision of the armaggedon modellers, the “don’t know what to do, so lockdown” scientists and the “sh*t scared of the media” politicians): measures should be based on evidence, not guesswork.

• Like 1

I went to our local outdoor shopping centre this morning. Our local coucil have now put barriers around all the benches so no one can sit down or "linger" as they call it..

However, they have also put a nativity scene in the same shopping centre. Apparently, you are allowed to stand and look at it for as long as you want.

The local residents are not amused.

33 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I have a 17 year old son, and the reason he treats the measures with disdain is because he's being sent to a school that reports more cases of Covid every day, then being told he's not allowed to go out in the evening and see the people he has to sit next to all day anyway because it might spread a disease.

Smart  kid.

The  government  have  ordered  the  young , fit an d well  to  stay  at  home  to prevent spreading a  disease they don`t  have, and poses less risk to  them  than travelling in a car. 

The cost?? no  education, no job and  business  failures......does that seem  proportionate   ???

Meanwhile  those  responsible face  no  financial  hardship......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

No  , we  know  how  respiratory  viruses  are  spread.

Viruses  are  intra  cellular parasites  for  us, so you spread by  coughing, sneezing and  "sharing"  your  respiratory  secretions  with  those  around  you. Saliva  can do so  too. You can have  virus  on your  hands, if  you  keep touching face and  around  nose  and  leave  it  on other  surfaces for  a  few  days  (varies on the  flavour  of  virus and surface ) by  contamination, thus  washing  is  a  bl00dy  good  idea. 

Simples!!

So if  I pass you in the  street and  we  dont  talk  at  close  quarters, or  cough at  each other...you are  perfectly  safe  , mask or  no. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Apparently 800,000 people currently have Covid, including 200,000 in London.

“As we reported just now, the ONS estimates that one in 85 people had the virus in the week ending on 18 December.

The regional breakdown shows London was the most-affected area, with more than 2% of people infected in the capital.”

BBC

6 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Meanwhile  those  responsible face  no  financial  hardship......

It'll be interesting to see what these folk get upto over the 'Christmas Jollies',,, when really they should be at graft sorting this sh!t out. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

That would make sense as they are the most vulnerable.

It also makes sense that youngsters regard Covid as no worse than a cold and that some treat the unwarranted, draconian government measures with disdain.

good on the young ones. wtf should they be bending over for this corrupt goverment. im old and refuse to  be dictated to. imagine how it must feel for youngsters fit and healthy and dont spout off  on here that it affects  the young to cos we all know its all lies

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

No  , we  know  how  respiratory  viruses  are  spread.

Viruses  are  intra  cellular parasites  for  us, so you spread by  coughing, sneezing and  "sharing"  your  respiratory  secretions  with  those  around  you. Saliva  can do so  too. You can have  virus  on your  hands, if  you  keep touching face and  around  nose  and  leave  it  on other  surfaces for  a  few  days  (varies on the  flavour  of  virus and surface ) by  contamination, thus  washing  is  a  bl00dy  good  idea. 

Simples!!

So if  I pass you in the  street and  we  dont  talk  at  close  quarters, or  cough at  each other...you are  perfectly  safe  , mask or  no. 

...Yes which requires everyone, regardless of age, to follow those very simple guidelines.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

...Yes which requires everyone, regardless of age, to follow those very simple guidelines.

I agree , unfortunately  we  have been  fed  so  much confusing  , contradictory  garbage  from the govt, many  people  ignore  it  all.  When they start  hiding  behind "the  science"  which is  rarely  black and  white the  default position is  to  ignore  it....

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, villageidiot said:

good on the young ones. wtf should they be bending over for this corrupt goverment. im old and refuse to  be dictated to. imagine how it must feel for youngsters fit and healthy and dont spout off  on here that it affects  the young to cos we all know its all lies

Can't wait for the next General Election to see how people's perception will and/or may have changed as regards their own political bents and/or bias!

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Can't wait for the next General Election to see how people's perception will and/or may have changed as regards their own political bents and/or bias!

yep will be interesting but i suspect   the bastard in charge of the world economic forum will be in charge by then unless  people wake up and see whats really happening

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But, on the contrary, there is now much better knowledge of transmission.

As Carl Heneghan has been at pains to point out (much to the derision of the armaggedon modellers, the “don’t know what to do, so lockdown” scientists and the “sh*t scared of the media” politicians): measures should be based on evidence, not guesswork.

...bit like Global Warming whereby there are many who still prefer to ignore the evidence.

10 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

To be honest, I don’t think anyone else would have done any better.

They may have done things differently but with no vaccine till now, the virus would still have sailed the same or similar course. You can argue all you like for or against lockdowns, masks, pub closing etc but unless you have totalitarian government that forces everyone to stay indoors and robots delivering essentials, the virus would breed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1