British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

3 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...bit like Global Warming whereby there are many who still prefer to ignore the evidence.

Which is what this is all about.Not a virus which the Govt. themselves downgraded in March to no more than the flu.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

To be honest, I don’t think anyone else would have done any better.

They may have done things differently but with no vaccine till now, the virus would still have sailed the same or similar course. You can argue all you like for or against lockdowns, masks, pub closing etc but unless you have totalitarian government that forces everyone to stay indoors and robots delivering essentials, the virus would breed. 

Its not whether or not anyone else could have done better

Its about whether anyone else would have lied so much, given so much money to their friends etc etc, that's what needs to be looked at by the press and TV after this, however i wont hold my breath

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

To be honest, I don’t think anyone else would have done any better.

They may have done things differently but with no vaccine till now, the virus would still have sailed the same or similar course. You can argue all you like for or against lockdowns, masks, pub closing etc but unless you have totalitarian government that forces everyone to stay indoors and robots delivering essentials, the virus would breed. 

lol. bend over and suck up everything  gov. and msm feed you. thats what communism does.

49 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

No  , we  know  how  respiratory  viruses  are  spread.

Viruses  are  intra  cellular parasites  for  us, so you spread by  coughing, sneezing and  "sharing"  your  respiratory  secretions  with  those  around  you. Saliva  can do so  too. You can have  virus  on your  hands, if  you  keep touching face and  around  nose  and  leave  it  on other  surfaces for  a  few  days  (varies on the  flavour  of  virus and surface ) by  contamination, thus  washing  is  a  bl00dy  good  idea. 

Simples!!

So if  I pass you in the  street and  we  dont  talk  at  close  quarters, or  cough at  each other...you are  perfectly  safe  , mask or  no. 

So, is this why it's spread really easily in hospitals where they use medical grade PPE, cleanliness second to none and separation as people are in beds.  No, I don't think it's that simple at all.

• Like 1

Just read that some Chelsea Pensioners received the vaccine yesterday..

Can Thiago Silva and Olivier Giroud still play or should they wait until they receive the second dose? :unsure:

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

...Yes which requires everyone, regardless of age, to follow those very simple guidelines.

Only if our aim is to suppress cases.

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Only if our aim is to suppress cases.

...you tell me? The truth is out there somewhere...

Edited by steve roberts

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

So, is this why it's spread really easily in hospitals where they use medical grade PPE, cleanliness second to none and separation as people are in beds.  No, I don't think it's that simple at all.

You  have obviously  never  been in a  busy A&E  dept  in Glasgow on a  Saturday  night !!

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

I have a 17 year old son, and the reason he treats the measures with disdain is because he's being sent to a school that reports more cases of Covid every day, then being told he's not allowed to go out in the evening and see the people he has to sit next to all day anyway because it might spread a disease.

Once again, it's all about control, especially by conditioning the young to be order takers without questioning.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Once again, it's all about control, especially by conditioning the young to be order takers without questioning.

But like you they may never learn   ;)

5 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Hence the physiologists on Sage...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Maybe not a bad idea, the little rapscallions have been getting away with far too much for far too long. ;)

Just now, Wolfsbane said:

I've forgotten more than you'll ever know:icon_smile_clown:

Possibly it was not worth knowing anyway

31 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...you tell me? The truth is out there somewhere...

Yes, of course, suppressing cases is the leading principle.

The government believed that it could suppress cases if we “stay at home”, and that “protects the NHS” and “saves lives”.

But saving lives should be the leading principle.

In the first wave care home residents were either not taken to hospitals - they “stayed at home” regardless of their symptoms - or were discharged from hospitals and returned to care homes too quickly and without tests in an effort to “protect the NHS” rather than save the lives of those people and their fellow care home residents.

It was a disgrace.  And consequently they made up 50% of deaths.  Sweden made a similar mistake.

And there is still no plan in place for protecting or treating care home residents.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

...Bring back National Service! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1