Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Vince said:

I doubt they've been very isolated when sat in a queue of hundreds, they'll have been sharing supplies including food and all standing in groups chatting.

 What else is there for them to do when all anybody is interested in is what's in the trailer to make their Xmas a bit better and nobody gives a toss for the poor blokes, many of who are going to spend Xmas alone and hundreds of miles from home because of a variant that might or might not be a problem.

Of course the variant is the problem; Hancock said the Tier system had been proven to control the “old” virus.

This is quite a new challenge for SAGE and the flowerpot men.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Of course the variant is the problem; Hancock said the Tier system had been proven to control the “old” virus.

This is quite a new challenge for SAGE and the flowerpot men.  :D

The biggest challenge faced by sage is how to stay on the gravy train, all they need to do is ask Ferguson, he couldn't get off if he tried it seems.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Vince said:

I doubt they've been very isolated when sat in a queue of hundreds, they'll have been sharing supplies including food and all standing in groups chatting.

 

It could be argued that as until the great traffic jam, they were isolated and hence when chatting etc there were fewer positives to pass on. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Vince said:

The biggest challenge faced by sage is how to stay on the gravy train, all they need to do is ask Ferguson, he couldn't get off if he tried it seems.

Sage and turkeys comes to mind...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, E I Addio said:

My brother in law who lives on his own was “ pinged” on his phone while he was in the gym . The only thing was he left his phone in the car so it was nothing to do with the Gym and handing been anywhere else for days. So he phoned the Covid people from clarification . They wouldnt tell him anything except that if he didn’t self isolate,  he would get. £1000 fine. So he self isolated and as soon as the isolation period finished he went straight into tier 3 or 4 , so the self isolation continued for almost a month. As soon as he could get out again he went to the gym the first morning it re opened , leaving his phone in the car and he got pinged again despite having not been near anybody for nearly a month, and his phone nowhere near the gym. Another couple of weeks self isolation there are still no symptoms.

Then don't install the app. 

Don't know about Android as I haven't tried to install it, but it doesn't run on an iPhone 6 or earlier variants anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Blupanther said:

PCR false positive scamdemic...

British testers attempting to clear a 6,000-strong backlog of lorries queuing up to cross into France have found just three Covid cases among the 2,364 drivers swabbed so far, it has today been revealed. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9085273/Thousands-lorry-drivers-stranded-Kent-face-Christmas-heartbreak.html

3 lorry drivers catch a cold.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

3 lorry drivers catch a cold.

I believes it about 36 now.

Share this post


Link to post

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   161  48183

Scotland   not reported   (4472)

Wales  35  (3396)

NI  not reported (1251)

total  196     - last Saturday 432

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

It could be argued that as until the great traffic jam, they were isolated and hence when chatting etc there were fewer positives to pass on. 

 

Lorry drivers spend much of their life isolated but it has to be remembered that they are in and out of warehouses, shops etc wherever they go. Probably in contact with more people from more areas than the average person 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Vince said:

Lorry drivers spend much of their life isolated but it has to be remembered that they are in and out of warehouses, shops etc wherever they go. Probably in contact with more people from more areas than the average person 

Quite possibly. I know very little about international lorry drivers working lives:P just assumed that most drivers do not go inside warehouses etc as most lorries are unloaded in yards and on loading ramps which are to all intents and purposes outdoors. 

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I believes it about 36 now.

How many have been tested now?

Does that work out to 1 in 85?

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Quite possibly. I know very little about international lorry drivers working lives:P just assumed that most drivers do not go inside warehouses etc as most lorries are unloaded in yards and on loading ramps which are to all intents and purposes outdoors. 

Very much depends on the site but the majority of shops you go inside the warehouse. Nearly every warehouse you will at least walk into to get to an office or desk to do your paperwork.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Vince said:

Very much depends on the site but the majority of shops you go inside the warehouse. Nearly every warehouse you will at least walk into to get to an office or desk to do your paperwork.

I would imagine a lorry driver comes into contact with a couple of people a day like that. Maybe a few at an over night lay by. But no way near people working in a warehouse or a supermarket or hospital or care home

Edited by iris123

Share this post


Link to post

Still think its about a 'virus' ?

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I would imagine a lorry driver comes into contact with a couple of people a day like that. Maybe a few at an over night lay by. But no way near people working in a warehouse or a supermarket or hospital or care home

You might imagine but I know :D

It's quite a lot more than a couple most often but I very clearly never said that it would compare with people working in large warehouses or supermarkets, just that they aren't isolated by any means.

However it would be very comparable to many workers and certainly from far more areas than most.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy