British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

17 minutes ago, topsoil said:

I have a giggle every time I read one of these twitter posts which end "this could change everything" or "this is big". We saw the same thing with all the Trump votes fraud. Result? It didn't change everything and it wasn't big. But keep going, it makes me smile.

Something else to make you giggle...:rolleyes:
Four researchers from the University of Florida Department of Biostatistics co-authored a study published online by the Journal of the American Medical Association. They performed a meta-analysis of 54 studies looking at the household secondary attack rate of SARS-CoV-2. According to the CDC, the secondary attack rate is the number of new cases among contacts divided by the total number of contacts.
The researchers confirmed that SARS-CoV-2 is more contagious than other coronaviruses, with a secondary attack rate of 16.6% (95% CI 14.0%-19.3%) compared to 7.5% (95%CI 4.8%-10.7%) for SARS-CoV and 4.7% (95%CI, 0.9%-10.7%) for MERS-CoV.
Their findings also confirmed the attack rate is higher to adult contacts compared to child contacts and to spouses compared to other family members.
The secondary attack rate for symptomatic index cases was 18.0% (95% CI 14.2%-22.1%), and the rate of asymptomatic and presymptomatic index cases was 0.7% (95% CI 0%-4.9%), “although there were few studies in the latter group.” The asymptomatic/presymptomatic secondary attack rate is not statistically different from zero, and the confidence interval is technically 0.7 ± 4.2, resulting in a range of -3.5%-4.9%, but attack rates cannot be negative, so it is truncated at 0.

An interesting battle in Germany between a lawyer and the experts on excess mortality, the PCR test etc. in German, so you’ll have to translate it yourself. I trust most are capable although probably one well known member isn’t :rofl: No names , no pack drill

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fuldaerzeitung.de/panorama/corona-streit-pcr-test-panikmache-virologe-christian-drosten-widerlegt-reiner-fuellmich-goettingen-90101108.amp.html

Oh, dear, a new variant in Germany.

Associated with being a complete ass.   :D

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

An interesting battle in Germany between a lawyer and the experts on excess mortality, the PCR test etc. in German, so you’ll have to translate it yourself. I trust most are capable although probably one well known member isn’t :rofl: No names , no pack drill

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fuldaerzeitung.de/panorama/corona-streit-pcr-test-panikmache-virologe-christian-drosten-widerlegt-reiner-fuellmich-goettingen-90101108.amp.html

If you’ve read it, why not just say what it says?

Or don’t you understand it?

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Oh, dear, a new variant in Germany.

Associated with being a complete ass.   :D

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

If you’ve read it, why not just say what it says?

Or don’t you understand it?

Because if I translated it, it would upset you, and I don’t want to do that :D But I can’t be bothered to type out a long piece, and that upsets you as well :D

I thought I was being helpful by putting a link up that can easily be translated. But obviously upset you enough to come straight out with some abuse :rofl:

Never mind

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Because if I translated it, it would upset you, and I don’t want to do that :D But I can’t be bothered to type out a long piece, and that upsets you as well :D

I thought I was being helpful by putting a link up that can easily be translated. But obviously upset you enough to come straight out with some abuse :rofl:

Never mind

On the contrary, it says:

They do not know how many PCR test cycles are appropriate to use.

They do not know whether a PCR test can tell if a person is infectious.

Edited by DC2

“The only thing that the PCR test cannot actually prove is whether or not they are contagious at the time of the smear,” the news agency wrote. Whether people who carry the coronavirus are always infectious has not yet been clarified beyond doubt.

From vIris’s German piece, which he thinks supports the mainstream view!  :rofl:

Again, show me where I said anything about supporting the mainstream view ? You can't. Just making things up in your bonce again. :rolleyes:

Seems I have missed something being introduced in Sweden soon being off over Xmas. The pandemic act comes into force on Jan 10

- The county administrative boards will receive a budget reinforcement to be able to handle this as soon as possible. Anyone who violates regulations on not staying in a public place can be sentenced to a fine, says Minister of Social Affairs Lena Hallengren at a press conference about the new pandemic law.

The government wants the temporary law to apply between January 10 and the last of September 2021.

The law will give the government, authorities and municipalities increased powers to regulate and ultimately close down activities to reduce the spread of infection.

Minister of Trade and Industry Ibrahim Baylan says that this gives the government the opportunity to close down, among other things, large parties and takes the large wedding parties in Södertälje as an example.

- This gives us tools to do something about this if it happens, he says.

Other activities covered by the law are:

• Public gatherings and public events

• Places for leisure or cultural activities

• Shops, shopping centers

• Public transport

• Premises, such as party rooms, and places for private gatherings

• Public places, such as parks and bathing areas

The other thing that’s interesting about the German article is the format:

An outspoken critic challenges a mainstream view;

The mainstream view rebuts the challenge;

The article concludes that the challenge is wrong.

Can you see the problem with that?

I suspect everyone, bar one, can.  :D

11 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Again, show me where I said anything about supporting the mainstream view ? You can't. Just making things up in your bonce again. :rolleyes:

Seems I have missed something being introduced in Sweden ......

Because you said:

if I translated it, it would upset you”

And, as if by magic, you’ve lost interest in your German article and moved on to Sweden.  :D

31 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Because you said:

if I translated it, it would upset you”

And, as if by magic, you’ve lost interest in your German article and moved on to Sweden.  :D

No. Yet again you get it wrong. I was referring to the numerous comments about translating Swedish articles. You really do like making a fool of yourself:blink:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The other thing that’s interesting about the German article is the format:

An outspoken critic challenges a mainstream view;

The mainstream view rebuts the challenge;

The article concludes that the challenge is wrong.

Can you see the problem with that?

I suspect everyone, bar one, can.  :D

Never mind what the journalist concludes. There are two sides presented and the lawyer seems to be taking things further, so the actual conclusion hasn’t been reached yet. Do try to think for yourself, without waiting for me to do it for you :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

PCR CASEDEMIC SCAM... WE ARE BEING PLAYED.

• Like 5

Actually saw another German article yesterday about the PCR test and some comments from one producer calling for the RKI to be bolder in their statements and say that not all the daily infected number released were infectious....

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Actually saw another German article yesterday about the PCR test and some comments from one producer calling for the RKI to be bolder in their statements and say that not all the daily infected number released were infectious....

Hoorah!

What percentage are not infectious?

It would be like the BBC announcing their daily “Covid deaths” and saying “but please bear in mind that not all of these people actually died from Covid”!

Edited by DC2