British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

“Monday's figure for new cases is the highest daily number reported by the UK government, and the first time the daily total has surpassed 40,000.

However, it is thought the infection rate was much higher during the first peak in April - but testing capacity was too limited to detect the true number.”  BBC

How many new daily infections were there in March and April when deaths were more than twice the current level, 100,000?

Either that, or the new mutation is more virulent but less deadly!

That is the current thinking.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

That is the current thinking.

I’ve seen mention that it might be “up to 70%” more virulent, but not “less deadly”.

30 minutes ago, Duane said:

There is a video doing the rounds of the QLD Premier over here in Aussie getting the jab, problem is the cap is still on the needle.. I can’t share it as I ain’t that smart.. I tried using the options below but wouldn’t let me.. 

Yes but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have the vaccine. Just a posed photo for publicity reasons. 

• Haha 1

As expected as the tourist attraction that I work at in York re-opened after the Christmas break we have visitors flooding in from both Tier Three and Four areas.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have the vaccine. Just a posed photo for publicity reasons. 

Even so don't you feel that such things show the contempt some politicians have for the intelligence of the people who pay their wages?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Vince said:

Even so don't you feel that such things show the contempt some politicians have for the intelligence of the people who pay their wages?

...Trouble is I do seriously question the intelligence of some people in all matter of things. I get to experience all walks of life at my place of work and it does often prejudice my view on society.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...Trouble is I do seriously question the intelligence of some people in all matter of things. I get to experience all walks of life at my place of work and it does often prejudice my view on society.

There have always been and always will be fools in society, they aren't always the least educated or least intelligent though in my experience. I sometimes catch myself thinking somebody is not very bright for not knowing something I take for granted only to look a fool at some later date when they are talking or doing something they are expert at.

The richest man I have ever known well can literally only write his own name, it would be a huge mistake to doubt his intelligence though having started as a one man builder and now employing over a hundred staff.

However politicians doing things like staging photos of taking a vaccine with the cap on the needle seems to presume that they believe they can pull the wool over every single person who is going to see that photo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vince said:

There have always been and always will be fools in society, they aren't always the least educated or least intelligent though in my experience. I sometimes catch myself thinking somebody is not very bright for not knowing something I take for granted only to look a fool at some later date when they are talking or doing something they are expert at.

The richest man I have ever known well can literally only write his own name, it would be a huge mistake to doubt his intelligence though having started as a one man builder and now employing over a hundred staff.

However politicians doing things like staging photos of taking a vaccine with the cap on the needle seems to presume that they believe they can pull the wool over every single person who is going to see that photo.

...some good points. I guess I've become less tolerant with some people when having to deal with their lack of awareness and/or understanding and interaction and/or occasional apparent stupidity at my my place of work. Also the lack of intelligence some demonstrate and utter stupidity when taking the wheel of a vehicle!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...some good points. I guess I've become less tolerant with some people when having to deal with their lack of awareness and/or understanding and interaction and/or occasional apparent stupidity at my my place of work.

Ah! there I agree, stupidity abounds in all areas :D

• Like 1

BBC:

“NHS England has said that the number of people being treated for the virus in hospitals in England is now 20,426, which is higher than the previous peak of just under 19,000 in April.”

And yet, thankfully, - and inexplicably - we have less than half of the deaths.

Why is that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

BBC:

“NHS England has said that the number of people being treated for the virus in hospitals in England is now 20,426, which is higher than the previous peak of just under 19,000 in April.”

Why is that?

Cos their getting better at treating it and, the vaccine? ;)

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

BBC:

Why is that?

Because he most vulnerable are already gone? Leaves many more responding to treatment, which could ironically mean that there is genuinely more pressure on the NHS this time around.

• Thanks 1

Almost three times as many under 60's died in road crashes last year as those without health conditions killed by covid, according to NHS data. Anyone thinks that driving should be banned for anyone under 60, so we can save lives and protect the NHS...

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Almost three times as many under 60's died in road crashes last year as those without health conditions killed by covid, according to NHS data. Anyone thinks that driving should be banned for anyone under 60, so we can save lives and protect the NHS...

Genius! After July my wages will increase tenfold due to the shortage of drivers :D

• Haha 1