British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

11 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...and still hospital cases rise. Another lockdown around the corner.

If only those in charge would listen to the Gospel according to PWW and the Suffolk Graph man. The world I am sure would be a far better place

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It’s unbelievable that there’s still no rational debate about the lack of a threat to people under 60 and the fact that they should continue to work!

• Like 6

A REMINDER THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT TO AVOID BEING CONNED...

• Like 1

The doom mongers who were critical of the government and the NHS for early difficulties to role out the vaccine programme, might note that 8 EU countries have experienced  difficulties with deliveries, places not being ready with the right control equipment, and some of the Pfizer vaccines being 8 degrees too warm. Not a knock at EU countries per se, but just shows other countries getting simple things wrong, despite having a longer period to get it right and had out experiences to draw on for information. 

The scaremongering has worked though.  Propaganda, enabled further by the rise of social media is a scourge of society.  We see it in so much of our lives these days.  Outright lies become twisted into truths, spin is king and I for one try to see through it and look at evidence.  I still remember Trump saying his swearing i speech or whatever it was being the best attended in history - despite photos to the contrary, or the £350million in additional funding we'll have for the NHS after Brexit, or almost every Daily Mail front page.  Jeez, how anyone can include all deaths within a coronavirus headline is beyond me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Jeez, how anyone can include all deaths within a coronavirus headline is beyond me.

Why’s it beyond you?  What do you mean?

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

The doom mongers who were critical of the government and the NHS for early difficulties to role out the vaccine programme, might note that 8 EU countries have experienced  difficulties with deliveries, places not being ready with the right control equipment, and some of the Pfizer vaccines being 8 degrees too warm. Not a knock at EU countries per se, but just shows other countries getting simple things wrong, despite having a longer period to get it right and had out experiences to draw on for information. 

Report this morning that the US have only vaccinated 2m people and the target was 20m by the end of the year. Some chaos there and no way they will hit their target. In fact one expert said it would take 10 years to reach herd immunity at that rate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

If only those in charge would listen to the Gospel according to PWW and the Suffolk Graph man. The world I am sure would be a far better place

Not sure why you can’t / won’t / don’t engage in some proper discussion and debate rather than regurgitating this childish name calling and these personal digs ad nauseum. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure why you can’t / won’t / don’t engage in some proper discussion and debate rather than regurgitating this childish name calling and these personal digs ad nauseum. 

But why should anybody post stuff with thoughts or views on here only to be attacked and mocked without full consideration of what they posted. DC2 sometimes posts stuff on here just trying to get a 'bite'. Others have a life, some on here don't and just want to attack and mock. I have opinions and couldn't care less if DC2 , Blue, Dave 69, Wolfsbane share them or not.  I don't need my thoughts and opinions to be peer reviewed by them.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

But why should anybody post stuff with thoughts or views on here only to be attacked and mocked without full consideration of what they posted. DC2 sometimes posts stuff on here just trying to get a 'bite'. Others have a life, some on here don't and just want to attack and mock. I have opinions and couldn't care less if DC2 , Blue, Dave 69, Wolfsbane share them or not.  I don't need my thoughts and opinions to be peer reviewed by them.

I don’t post to get a bite.  

I’m just trying to ask questions (and answer some) that are ignored by the government and the media.

And no amount of rudeness from others will stop me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Why’s it beyond you?  What do you mean?

I mean it's plainly trying to inflate the impact of coronavirus and they even say that in the small print!

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I mean it's plainly trying to inflate the impact of coronavirus and they even say that in the small print!

How is it trying to inflate the impact? The previous definition was anyone who has ever had a positive test - so this new definition actually reduces the number of Covid deaths, not inflates them.

ICU occupancy is lower than normal...